PDA

View Full Version : 3 new Devil May Cry 4 GAMEPLAY screenshots!

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-09-06, 04:40
And people say the PS3 isn't worth $599. :mis:

Click to view (http://www.gameinformer.com/images/media/%7B3848B2AC-3B68-4596-A2A5-6056035715B0%7D/gi-3-dmc4.jpg)*

Click to view (http://www.gameinformer.com/images/media/%7B3848B2AC-3B68-4596-A2A5-6056035715B0%7D/gi-1-dmc4.jpg)*

Click to view (http://www.gameinformer.com/images/media/%7B3848B2AC-3B68-4596-A2A5-6056035715B0%7D/gi-2-dmc4.jpg)*

Wow is all I can say! :cln:

By the way, for those of you who don't know, Virgil will be the main playable character instead of Dante. That's Virgil there in the pics, or better known as "Nero" in this game for some reason. I was extatic to hear this, Virgil has always been my favorite DMC character!!!! :jmp:

The game will be set between DMC1 and DMC2.

I am impressed!

*Please confine posted images to a maximum width of 800 pixels. Larger images can be posted as a link, as per my edit. Thanks.

Dante Croft
08-09-06, 04:49
OMG * Dies of shock and amazment *

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-09-06, 04:59
Notice his right arm? Something is wrong with it! :eek: It's glowy!

LeonCarl
08-09-06, 05:46
Is that the best the PS3 is capable of?! For a $600 console that's inexcusable! Notice how flat and blurry the textures are especially on the 3rd pic? And I don't see any bump mapping. And the PS3 is supposed to be a graphics powerhouse! I just hope that this is not the final version of the game.:(

: puts on flame shield to protect himself from fanboys and fangirls::p

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-09-06, 05:50
What do you mean that's all? Good grief, that's some of the best stuff you'll ever see right now, most especially considering this is still very beta!

LeonCarl
08-09-06, 06:04
Yes, from an artistic point of view, the game looks awesome. But technically, the graphics is not on par with recent games for the pc. For example, look at the gun, the designs on its surface looks like its been drawn not engraved. And where's the shine? And the ground texture on the 3rd pic, it seems like there's no anisotropic filtering (AF) used to make it less blurry as it fades into the distance.

RAID
08-09-06, 06:23
WOW :yik:

I'm definatley getting PS3 :tmb:

Dante Croft
08-09-06, 06:34
OMG I don't know why but i love this pic! I am alowed Sorry but though might put pic of them since its a DMC 4 thread with pic in it.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4923/danteneroce4.png

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-09-06, 06:45
Yes, from an artistic point of view, the game looks awesome. But technically, the graphics is not on par with recent games for the pc. For example, look at the gun, the designs on its surface looks like its been drawn not engraved. And where's the shine? And the ground texture on the 3rd pic, it seems like there's no anisotropic filtering (AF) used to make it less blurry as it fades into the distance.

I'm majoring in this field, I'm not oblivious to the issues.

Personally, I think it looks fabulous. I'd love for you to show me a single game that matches it in GAMEPLAY. Especially since, as I've stated before, this is still beta. Even so, it's phenominal!

Apofiss
08-09-06, 07:30
Looks good and to say true it's not that impressive at all (I'm almost sure even PS2 could run it if to remove few lightning effects :p ) Artisticly it's made perfectly, but keeping in mind that japanese game design never really goes for a bunch of useless effects (like cd did with TRL).. uh anyway never really was enough into this game cuz seemed sucha a boring one XD *settles down and waits for FFXIII and MGS4* ^^

Thorir
08-09-06, 09:00
Oh, I didn´t know you played as Virgil in it?!
That´s why I thought Dante looked a bit strange. :D
Vergil looks cute, though. :p

Kamrusepas
08-09-06, 09:03
*faints*

I've always wanted to play DMC. And this is not helping at all :p

BtoFu
08-09-06, 09:57
Looks pretty tasty..I'm not really blown away by it or anything, moreso because they've revamped the looks again...dunno why they can't stick to a similar model. Big fan at any rate so obviously I wanna play it.

Tomb Raider Master
08-09-06, 09:57
WOW! :eek: That looks great! :tmb: I must play it.

MiCkiZ88
08-09-06, 09:59
WOW :eek:

Me wants that game right now :D though maybe I should buy the first dmc first cause I havent played it :whi: i've only played dmc2 and loved it. but how much better are the first and third one? cause i've been hearing stuff like dmc2 sucked badly :confused:

but anyway the game looks awesome :jmp:

LeonCarl
08-09-06, 10:13
I'm majoring in this field, I'm not oblivious to the issues.

Personally, I think it looks fabulous. I'd love for you to show me a single game that matches it in GAMEPLAY. Especially since, as I've stated before, this is still beta. Even so, it's phenominal!

Look, I'm not saying that DMC4 itself is not impressive. My point is, that for a game on a powerful next-gen console, the graphics is kind of underwhelming. I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be great just like the earlier ones.

So, are we okay now?:hug:

BtoFu
08-09-06, 11:35
Look, I'm not saying that DMC4 itself is not impressive. My point is, that for a game on a powerful next-gen console, the graphics is kind of underwhelming.

You have to know that it's going to take them some years before developers harness the full power and capabilities of the machine though..that's always the case these days.

illuminati30
08-09-06, 11:41
Devil May Cry the first one was good, but i got really fed up with it. It got old fast, and i never played the second one. I hope they are taking the new one in a new direction like Resident Evil had to round about the 4th. The graphics look good, but its going to take more than that, and i have actually saw better on the games forum.

The Divine Comedy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Divine_Comedy) describes Dante's journey through Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy#Inferno) (Inferno), Purgatory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy#Purgatorio) (Purgatorio), and Paradise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy#Paradiso) (Paradiso), guided first by the Roman epic poet Virgil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil) and then by his beloved Beatrice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_Portinari).

Dante, Virgil, Nero, whats with all the Roman names? Which city is this? Could it be Rome?

UNDERTAKER
08-09-06, 11:42
I'm not a DMC fan but that looks great! Not the best next-gen graphics I have seen (I think Gears of War still takes the trophy IMO) but still incredible.

It's all a matter of opinion. But anyone who doesn't admit this looks great is either blind, a fanboy or both :tmb:

Thanks Mel :D

interstellardave
08-09-06, 11:46
I agree that it looks very good, and the artistic nature of the game is still so very high... but it hardly makes the PS3 look superior in any way. Resistance: Fall Of Man looks better, and that's on the PS3 as well. Plus only one of those screens looks like "gameplay"... the one where he's running. BUT it is early. ;)

As a game, Devil May Cry 4 should be awesome though. I loved DMC 1 and 3; if 4 follows in those footsteps it will be just great! :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-09-06, 14:46
We're cool Leon. :hug:

@MiCK. You definitely are gonna want to play DMC 3!! :jmp: Virgil is so AWESOME in that game! It's funny that he's the main character in this one because Virgil was my absolute favorite character in DMC3. So this is very exciting. :D

ILG49ers
08-09-06, 15:03
Wow, very impressive! :eek:Those screenshots remind me of why I'm getting the PS3! I've never played any of the DMC games, but I may have to now! Are the other ones any good?

Leon xXx
08-09-06, 15:08
For those of you who thinks the graphics sucks.

Every pics that is taken from gameplay are always blurry and that is NOT the final version of the game, since they will release the game at winter 2007 or 2008. So dont get soo ****ed off cause, this is NOT the final version. Even gears of war and resistance pics that was posted at winter 2005, the pics were blurry becaz that is not the final version.

Meloine, thanks for posting this, atleast I got the idea of Virgils character.

Leon xXx
08-09-06, 15:10
Wow, very impressive! :eek:Those screenshots remind me of why I'm getting the PS3! I've never played any of the DMC games, but I may have to now! Are the other ones any good?

Get 1 and 3, dont take 2 cause the gameplay and story sucks and it is completly forgettable

Leon xXx
08-09-06, 23:52
You know that both sons of sparda(Dante and Virgil) are the main character of the game. Look at the first pic, thats Dante with a red coat. And look at the third pic, Virgil is wearing a black coat. Notice that?

And I dont know that they are cooperating or competiting each other because Virgil always wants more power.

MiCkiZ88
08-09-06, 23:59
@MiCK. You definitely are gonna want to play DMC 3!! :jmp: Virgil is so AWESOME in that game! It's funny that he's the main character in this one because Virgil was my absolute favorite character in DMC3. So this is very exciting. :D
whats dmc3 like? is it longer than dmc2 cause that was a bit dissapointing.. but I really loved the action in it :jmp:

Leon xXx
09-09-06, 00:35
whats dmc3 like? is it longer than dmc2 cause that was a bit dissapointing.. but I really loved the action in it :jmp:

DMC 3: special edition is twice as fun as the 1st one. It sets before DMC 1, and it has awesome abilities for both Dante and Virgil. When you play as Virgil in special edition, you wont play his own story instead you will play Dante's mission, but still he got some skills with his weapons and in my opinion, he is much better than Dante. Capcom were gonna insert some abilities for Virgil and Dante but they removed it because the ps2 cant handle those abilities, and those abilities that they removed, they are gonna put it at DMC4 as well.

So I suggest you get DMC3: special edition, it is a great action game that you cannot miss.

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-09-06, 01:18
Leaon's got some great advice, I'd listen to him if I were you guys. :tmb: