Scottlee
08-09-06, 18:14
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3426/stinggl0.jpg

laracroft2122
08-09-06, 18:15
Bit of a mix up on the screens, ey?

jarhead
08-09-06, 18:16
oh its so sad he died but i saw that and couldnt help but sing the STRINGRAY theme tune

scion05
08-09-06, 18:17
:vlol:

Lavinder
08-09-06, 18:26
Too soon for jokes...

But funny anway.

Henhead
08-09-06, 18:32
I got about 3 joke messages on my phone a few hours after the news broke.

A bit to soon in opinion, lets give him and his family a bit of respect in these early days.......

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-09-06, 18:35
Too soon for jokes...

Indeed.

CuteKittenlol
08-09-06, 18:41
Hmmmmm.

scion05
08-09-06, 18:59
well he had it coming....

Lavinder
08-09-06, 19:00
Take that back!

No one deserves or "had something coming" everyone deserves to live. He was no evil man. He was a kind man, who had a strong passion for animals.

Ampersand
08-09-06, 19:01
... :pi:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/disbelief.gif

scion05
08-09-06, 19:02
Take that back!

No one deserves or "had something coming" everyone deserves to live. He was no evil man. He was a kind man, who had a strong passion for animals.

but still, it was bound to happen wasnt it...
and he was really cruel to those crocs :(

Lavinder
08-09-06, 19:03

Think what you like, but it's still too soon to speak bad about the guy.

Ampersand
08-09-06, 19:04

Geez, are you kidding? He loved those animals! You should've seen the vid of when a croc died at his zoo, he was crying over it like a child!

scion05
08-09-06, 19:06
well... i got bored of watching... lol
although i liked it when i was about 8 lol,
we all sit in the living room going...
" omg its gonna get im... YES " *jumps away from croc*

:vlol:

Mad Tony
08-09-06, 19:07
Err..Steve cares for the animals.
Not neglects them.
That's why he made a whole zoo.
I've actually been there and seen his wife.

scion05
08-09-06, 19:11
he didnt make the zoo... he bought it..

Lara's Boy
08-09-06, 19:12

Whatever that financial circumstance, he cared for the crocs. His death was tragic, and I don't think it should EVER be made fun of, especially now.

Mad Tony
08-09-06, 19:13
Ok whatever.
But he ran it.
And he ran it well.
I've been there.
The animals were very well looked after.

Lavinder
08-09-06, 19:14
Put it this way : What if Madonna was stabbed while singing?

Would you be laughing about it later?

Assassino
08-09-06, 19:14
He inherited the zoo from his father.
It's a family business.

scion05
08-09-06, 19:17
Put it this way : What if Madonna was stabbed while singing?

Would you be laughing about it later?

Well theres a BIG threat, some mobs, are planning on shooting her
on the 12th.... i mean look :o the show was supposed to be 9/11 too :yik:
http://www.madonnaonline.com.br/images/russia.jpg
and no... i wouldnt... but how many of you honestly say, you like steve irwin, as much as i like madonna, or at least liked him as much before his death...

Lavinder
08-09-06, 19:18
Well theres a BIG threat, some mobs, are planning on shooting her
on the 12th.... i mean look :o the show was supposed to be 9/11 too :yik:
http://www.madonnaonline.com.br/images/russia.jpg
and no... i wouldnt... but how many of you honestly say, you like steve irwin, as much as i like madonna, or at least liked him as much before his death...

Me, when I was a kid.

Lara's Boy
08-09-06, 19:19
It doesn't matter if people liked him as much as you do Madonna (I don't think that's even possible, lol), the fact is that he was a respectable, well known person who died tragically. How could people make fun of that?

scion05
08-09-06, 19:19
im not making fun of it :o

Mad Tony
08-09-06, 19:20
It doesn't matter if people liked him as much as you do Madonna (I don't think that's even possible, lol), the fact is that he was a respectable, well known person who died tragically. How could people make fun of that?
You're absolutely right Rex.

scion05
08-09-06, 19:23
IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO HONOUR THE GUY, SIGNING THIS MAY HELP :) (http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/stop_the_seal_hunt)

jarhead
08-09-06, 19:25
already signed all the petitions etc on the web

Natla'd
08-09-06, 19:28
I'll have to show my dad that, I'm sure he'd like it.

CuteKittenlol
08-09-06, 19:35
How did he?
Nobody deserves that.

scion05
08-09-06, 19:41
well it was bound to happen....

BoyTRaider
08-09-06, 19:45
Omg! :mad: I didn't like this joke at all! Irwin, or nobody else - who's dead in fact - deserves that!

CuteKittenlol
08-09-06, 19:45
well it was bound to happen....
Even so.
I agree 100% with Lavinder, no one deserves to 'have it coming' and everbody deserves to live.

EDIT - Well said BoyTRaider

Mad Tony
08-09-06, 19:47
Even though he's doing a dangerous job.
It's not right to say "he had it coming"
He was a good man. :(

scion05
08-09-06, 19:49
but it was gonna happen.. lets face it... :(

CuteKittenlol
08-09-06, 19:49
Even though he's doing a dangerous job.
It's not right to say "he had it coming"
He was a good man. :(
yeah, he may have been a total idiot getting so close to all those deadly animals but he wasnt harming them in any way, there was no need to say 'he had it coming'.

Mad Tony
08-09-06, 19:52
but it was gonna happen.. lets face it... :(
Not nessescearily (sp?)
He knows animals well.
He wasn't a crazy idiot who didn't know what he was doing.

Reggie
08-09-06, 19:54
I dislike how people always make jokes like this when someone famous dies. It's just not very tasteful in my opinion.

CuteKittenlol
08-09-06, 19:58
Not nessescearily (sp?)
He knows animals well.
He wasn't a crazy idiot who didn't know what he was doing.
Yeah he was well experienced, I always thought he was crazy for going so close to them like that XD
But he knew what he was doing.

@ reggie - Its not very tasteful imo either.

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-09-06, 20:41
I didn't find that funny at all. He died last week. It doesn't even matter, a joke like this about anyone who has died isn't funny, to me at least.

Eleanna123
08-09-06, 20:48
I dislike how people always make jokes like this when someone famous dies. It's just not very tasteful in my opinion.

Not the least bit tasteful.

EdwardElricsGirl
08-09-06, 21:02
i was so shocked when i heard he died. some kids in my history class said that they thought if an animal killed him it would be a croc. i didn't find it funny at all.

Jacob x5
08-09-06, 21:18
Yes scion, of course. He spends all this time with crocodiles, he was bound to get killed by a stingray eventually.

Lavinder
08-09-06, 21:21
Yes scion, of course. He spends all this time with crocodiles, he was bound to get killed by a stingray eventually.

Ooozing with sarcasm ? :D

tr_mitch
13-09-06, 23:59
Friend sent me this today.
I really really don't know what to think of it.
It kinda shocked me actually.

http://www.nopers.com/video/1143/roger_and_wacos_official_steve_irwin_sting_ray_at

JACOBryanBURNS
14-09-06, 00:52

My mom died falling from a balcony due to a loose banister... did she have it coming, too? Just shouldn't have been up there...?

It was a tragedy. A freak accident. And for you to even say something like that... is insensitive and rude. Unnervingly so. Perhaps you might respect he and the rest of us and keep your mouth shut. :mad:

Back to the point, I think the "joke" is a) very hard to understand and b)insensitive. Really isn't the time.

Night Crawler
14-09-06, 01:03
Friend sent me this today.
I really really don't know what to think of it.
It kinda shocked me actually.

http://www.nopers.com/video/1143/roger_and_wacos_official_steve_irwin_sting_ray_at

Ok, you gotta admit, that is pretty funny!

tr_mitch
14-09-06, 06:38
My mom died falling from a balcony due to a loose banister... did she have it coming, too? Just shouldn't have been up there...?

It was a tragedy. A freak accident. And for you to even say something like that... is insensitive and rude. Unnervingly so. Perhaps you might respect he and the rest of us and keep your mouth shut. :mad:

Back to the point, I think the "joke" is a) very hard to understand and b)insensitive. Really isn't the time.

Sorry for your Loss Jacob... I think Scion was just basically saying when you work with danger so much like he did, there's always that risk factor... 'He had it coming' is definatley the wrong phrase to use, But even though it was shocking news.. I'm sure a lot of people could see it coming, Perhaps even Steve himself.... But that risk came with the job he loved.

Geck-o-Lizard
14-09-06, 07:33
I laughed at it. Call me sick if you like. It was a great pity for his family but I'm not mourning the loss of a man I'd only ever vaguely heard of before his death.

scoopy_loopy
14-09-06, 09:19
nah too soon.

And scion, take that back!

and in relation to that video, even if steve hadnt died it wouldnt have been funny, its just stupid.

and that is the worst australian accent ive ever heard...

Lenochka
14-09-06, 10:42
I didn't find that funny at all. He died last week. It doesn't even matter, a joke like this about anyone who has died isn't funny, to me at least.
Indeed... Jokes this soon... are not tasteful... At least i don't think so

Come on people, Please back off from Scion... He gave his opinion on it... don't attack him for it.

tlr online
14-09-06, 10:46
Ouch.

saray
14-09-06, 14:38
waaaaay too soon for stupid jokes. what is the real point in mocking someones death? :confused:

Angelx14
14-09-06, 18:13
Too soon for jokes...

But funny anway.
Agreed.
It's not nice to laugh at dead human..

scion05
14-09-06, 18:33

dont tell me what ever the **** i can and cant say you still little ****!
yeah, what happened to your mum really is terrible, but no, she didnt have it coming, it was an accident and her death is awful, but steve irwin, a guy who mauled animals all the time, did have it coming, especially as half the animals were VERY dangerous. It was an accident waiting to happen PERIOD.

Mad Tony
14-09-06, 18:35
yeah, what happened to your mum really is terrible, but no, she didnt have it coming, it was an accident and her death is awful, but steve irwin, a guy who mauled animals all the time, did have it coming, especially as half the animals were VERY dangerous. It was an accident waiting to happen PERIOD.
I don't think it was an accident waiting to happen.
Steve Iriwn cared for these animals.
And he certainy didn't "maul" animals all the time. :mad:

scion05
14-09-06, 18:36
oh come on, he did maul them... ever seen the one in the dessert, where he has old of the snake and runs with it ! or summing like that :(

Ampersand
14-09-06, 18:37
I don't think it was an accident waiting to happen.
Steve Iriwn cared for these animals.
And he certainy didn't "maul" animals all the time. :mad:

Agreed. FGS, he was one of the few people who genuinely cared.

Neteru
14-09-06, 18:44
I think some people need to take it easy and rein themselves in. ;)

Scottlee
15-09-06, 05:55
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4457/wormsth4.jpg

scoopy_loopy
15-09-06, 06:03

oh come on, he did maul them... ever seen the one in the dessert, where he has old of the snake and runs with it ! or summing like that

OH that those back you ignorant pig-headed *****! Steve cared about his animals, he knew what he was doing, he wasnt asking for anything to harm him, and HE DID NOT, i repeat, DID NOT ever harm any animals!!!!

GodOfLight
15-09-06, 06:04

^ it appears a certain members ignorance is proven once again.

Geck-o-Lizard
15-09-06, 06:53
Yikes. Let's lay off the insults, people.

tlr online
15-09-06, 07:00
Perhaps what scion is trying to say is that working in a dangerous environment, the risk of injury is that much higher. I don't think he/she was implying that Steve Irvin deserved being killed. Or at least, I hope not.

scion05
15-09-06, 15:36
Course i wasnt, what i mean is it was an accident waiting to happen :)

oh and just shut it stefan and scoopy :) im entitled to my own opinion :wve:

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-09-06, 16:19
I actually agree with you scion; although, I think you could have stated it a little more... gently perhaps.

Steve Irwin didn't deserve to die, but the fact is, he put himself in extremely dangerous situations regularly. Living a life like that, you will die early. In all reality, he's quite fortunate that he made it this long.

I'm very sad about his death though. :( He definitely did not deserve it.

scion05
15-09-06, 16:21
:tmb:

thanks mel :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-09-06, 16:31
Anytime. ;)

Well... anytime I agree that is. :p

scion05
15-09-06, 16:34
Well we better make a list of things to agree on :p

Melonie Tomb Raider