PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin 2

Mad Tony
09-09-06, 09:16
Has anyone got this game?
It's for the Xbox 360.

It's really good, but I just have trouble winning matches a lot.
Anyone got any tips?

How many tournaments have you won in career mode?
I haven't won any :p

Does anyone know what the intro song is called?

jarhead
09-09-06, 10:09
i'd love to get this game, this and DOA 4 are the only reasons i want a 360.

ive got number one and i have to say its way too easy but all i can say is get a masive shot in early and then ther point should be won

dunno what the song is

interstellardave
09-09-06, 17:41
Has anyone got this game?
It's for the Xbox 360.

It's really good, but I just have trouble winning matches a lot.
Anyone got any tips?

How many tournaments have you won in career mode?
I haven't won any :p

Does anyone know what the intro song is called?
Go through the training excercises early and often to build your abilities up--the tournaments can wait at first. Matches against other lower ranked opponents can be won without over-using the specialty shots but you'll really need them when you start taking on the top-ranked players.

Getting into good position to hit the ball is important... try and hit the ball when it's about waist-high, not lower. Hold down the A button as long as you can (you can start this while you're running to the ball) to get a hard shot off. Use your other shots more sparingly until you get used to them and you build your characters' stats up, or you'll hit the ball out too often. I lost a lot of my early career matches on unforced errors and not on my opponents hitting winners. That's when I decided I needed to be more careful with my specialty shots, 'cause I was losing more than I was actually being beaten.

I'm in year 4 of my career right now and I'm ranked in the top five (it's been a couple weeks since I've played so I can't remember the exact ranking). I've won many tournaments and some majors but I'm finding it very challenging to beat the highest ranked players although I have done it of course. I really want to get to #1 and get that achievement!

Mad Tony
10-09-06, 15:36
One of the reasons why I can never win matches is because of the camera angle.
When my player is closest to the camera (with his back turned to it) i'm fine.
But when we swap sides I find it really difficult.

interstellardave
11-09-06, 03:08
That's in every tennis game... you just have to adjust to it.

Mad Tony
11-09-06, 06:26
That's in every tennis game... you just have to adjust to it.
But it's quite hard to move your tennis player around, because everything is reversed.
Although, when I swap sides, I do use the zoom camera instead.
Although that's quite hard to get used to.