PDA

View Full Version : Apple/Microsoft Computers

jmbalton
09-09-06, 16:29
I am thinkign of getting a new computer and was wondering which is the best to get apple or microsoft? I know that microsoft is more mainstream but I have heard that Apple's are actually much better?

Mad Tony
09-09-06, 16:30
I am thinkign of getting a new computer and was wondering which is the best to get apple or microsoft? I know that microsoft is more mainstream but I have heard that Apple's are actually much better?
Well Apple are good for photo editing and stuff.
But Windows is good for word processing and such.

K.J
Depends on what you are going to use it for.

xMiSsCrOfTx
Apple computers are too confusing for me.. I never understood them.

Mr.Burns
09-09-06, 16:43
Apple computers are excellent for photo and video editing. they have the capacity to handle heavy rendering tasks. So if thats what your going for, then go with a Mac. Also the software for them is abit more user friendly. Now the downside is that they don't have as much software available for them, but that might change seeing as how there was a patch released that allows windows to boot up on Mac computers. Anyhoo, if what you need is something that has alot of service support and plenty of software, then go with a PC. PC's are good for spreadsheets, word processing, etc. PC's are also alot cheaper too.

Hybrid Soldier
09-09-06, 18:23
Depending what you want to use it for.

I know the good thing about Apple computers are you don't have to worry about getting viruses...basically all of them are on Microsoft. :p

If your a gamer then i'd recommend Microsoft, definatly.

Pawprint
09-09-06, 19:15
I always found PCs harder and more complecated to use :(

Punaxe
09-09-06, 19:19
Personally, I have had absolutely *no* problems since Windows XP. Do make sure you have a decent virusscanner and spyware finder etc.

There is more software available for Windows than there is for Mac, especially games and such.
Getting a new part for an Apple will be more troublesome and expensive than getting one for a PC, which you can get pretty much everywhere and of whatever brand, not just Apple.
I believe Linux can now run on Apple computers as well, so that's not a problem.

But yeah, depends on what you're going to use it for. Personally I would always recommend a PC, because even though an Apple would be better for a certain kind of application, the PCs are good for every kind of application.

Geck-o-Lizard
09-09-06, 19:28
Basically, it grinds down to...

Go for a PC if you want to play games games.

Go for a Mac if you want to do creative stuff.

Most of the other computer stuff can be done with either of them, like word processing and spreadsheets, as both machines have great corporate software packages available for that purpose.

SpArKy
09-09-06, 21:11
Basically, it grinds down to...

Go for a PC if you want to play games games.

Go for a Mac if you want to do creative stuff.

Most of the other computer stuff can be done with either of them, like word processing and spreadsheets, as both machines have great corporate software packages available for that purpose.

Get a Mac for deffinate, i have a MacBook Pro and i would never go back to XP or anything to do with microsoft ever again.

As for games and creative stuff, just install XP on a different partition using Apples BootCamp program and just play PC games on that part of the hard dirve.

As for next generation, Vista is a complete flop and copy of OSX which is apples main Operating System. Leoperd on the other hand which is Vista's rival is already miles ahead! With even talk of fast switching to XP with the flick of F9.:tea:

I am a true converted MAC lover now i think! Ha ha!

Assassino
09-09-06, 21:12
Bill Gates FTW!!!!!!!!!! :)
Microsoft will enslave the planet! :D

michaeldt
13-09-06, 09:12
I would say an apple is better but ive never had a pc before.