PDA

View Full Version : New rats.

Geck-o-Lizard
09-09-06, 19:15
:jmp:

I'm getting new rats pretty soon. Once I've built a home for them I'll be away to pick up three little guys to live in it.

Aahh, I'm impatient.

I'm planning on naming one or two of them after locations in the game www.urbandead.com (I've picked out "Caiger" and "Creedy" as possibilities). Who wants to help me with a third name? (Preferably not personality-specific, for obvious reasons :D)

Rivendell
09-09-06, 19:19
Wow, same here! My mum's work friend is heading off to uni, and she has a pet rat who needs a good home, so we're taking care of it from next week :D

Greenkey2
09-09-06, 19:20
I like rats; they're great fun :D

How about Cosmos? Just a random non-gender specific name that sprang to mind :cln:

xMiSsCrOfTx
09-09-06, 19:21
Rats? Fun? :yik: :p

jarhead
09-09-06, 19:22
awww take a hpoto of them ASAP, so we can all go awwwwwww

hmmm cosmos, i like that , a lot

Lavinder
09-09-06, 19:25
Awww! I would love a pet rat :(

I hope they enjoy thier home :D

xMyrax
09-09-06, 19:41
Rats! :D Cooleh!

Here's a name; Chunky! XD (First thing that came to my head o.o Guess I've been thinking about Kit Kat bars for too long)

Punaxe
09-09-06, 19:42
I suggest you name him Telephone, Encyclopedia or Bookshelf. Makes cute nicks like Telly, Ency and Booky.

Geck-o-Lizard
09-09-06, 19:47
Rats! :D Cooleh!

Here's a name; Chunky! XD (First thing that came to my head o.o Guess I've been thinking about Kit Kat bars for too long)

For a male rat, that name would suggest something quite different from Kit Kats. :vlol:

I suggest you name him Telephone, Encyclopedia or Bookshelf. Makes cute nicks like Telly, Ency and Booky.

Hehe! Telephone would be pretty cute, but my sister would never let me get away with it. She'd rename him "Tinkerbell" or something instead (even though they'd be in my custody). :p

I like rats; they're great fun :D

How about Cosmos? Just a random non-gender specific name that sprang to mind :cln:

Cosmos = Somsoc = Ingsoc

George Orwell, yay! Hehe.

Maybe "Kid" (after Kid Eternity), if he's got white fur.
"Skaarj" (if one's really ugly or has crazy markings) after the Unreal Tournament aliens. :p
"Cereal Killer" :cln: (Hackers; Emmanuel Goldstein's nickname (also a salute to Orwell))

Lavinder
09-09-06, 19:53
I called my two mice Bubble and Squeek.

And when Squeek died the adverts with the Aero chocolates catchphrase was "Bubble, no squeak" :'(

I had not cried so much in my life :'(

Greenkey2
09-09-06, 19:55
That's very sad Lavinder :( :( :hug: I really liked that advert, but I can see how it would have been very upsetting :(

Geck-o-Lizard
09-09-06, 20:17
I called my two mice Bubble and Squeek.

And when Squeek died the adverts with the Aero chocolates catchphrase was "Bubble, no squeak" :'(

I had not cried so much in my life :'(

Aww, bad coincidence. Poor Squeek. :hug:

When we were burying my guinea pig Patch, we'd filled in the hole and my mum was like "ok, stamp on the patch now..." (to pack the earth down) and I just looked at her like this: http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8671/cry2qd9.gif

Lavinder
09-09-06, 20:42
That's very sad Lavinder :( :( :hug: I really liked that advert, but I can see how it would have been very upsetting :(

Yeah, quite a few people have laughed when i've told them *shakes fist*

Aww, bad coincidence. Poor Squeek. :hug:

When we were burying my guinea pig Patch, we'd filled in the hole and my mum was like "ok, stamp on the patch now..." (to pack the earth down) and I just looked at her like this: http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8671/cry2qd9.gif

Awww, I love guinea pig's with thier little Sun Kwon sounding sounds! :eek: I would have looked at my mother with a look of "Are you mad?" Then I would probably walk off..

Angelx14
10-09-06, 09:29
Aww, lucky you..:rolleyes:
My parents don't like rats..or other pets, which I want.."You wont care about them, you will forget to feed it.."blah blah blah"..:(

Geck-o-Lizard
10-09-06, 09:38
Have you had a pet before, or are your parents just paranoid like that? >_<

You could try getting a couple of goldfish and a cheap fishtank for them, and look after them, then in a year or so try asking for a more interesting pet - by that time your parents will see if you're responsible enough by how well you've looked after the fish.

Angelx14
10-09-06, 10:05
Have you had a pet before, or are your parents just paranoid like that? >_<

You could try getting a couple of goldfish and a cheap fishtank for them, and look after them, then in a year or so try asking for a more interesting pet - by that time your parents will see if you're responsible enough by how well you've looked after the fish.
If that's to me, then yes. I have a cat..It was really hard to get it. I beged, but mom didn't wanted to take him, but then no-one wanted to take him, so we took it:D
And, if my cat will die, I will never get new one :(