PDA

View Full Version : To star wars/jedi fans: I have a question

PirateRose
09-09-06, 22:12
Why do some Jedi/Sith disapear when they die, and others don't?

Example: Yoda disapears when he dies, Qui Gon Jin does not, his corpse gets a ceremonial burning at the end of Episode I.

Mr.Burns
09-09-06, 22:20
Well, I don't recall off hand but I think there was an explanation in the books. Now I remember when AOTC was first in production, there were rumors flying around that Lucas was going to explain why some jedi vanish when they die. But as we all know, he didn't. Sorry it's not a better explanation. Perhaps someone else has a better idea?

TRhistorian
09-09-06, 22:56
Becuase they become one with the force. Only the strong ones with the force do.

Kamrusepas
09-09-06, 22:57
My friend, a big SW-fan, has been wondering about this too actually.

PirateRose
09-09-06, 23:05
Becuase they become one with the force. Only the strong ones with the force do.

Interesting, so I guess Qui-Gon wasn't very strong, but Obi Won was and so was Yoda.

Captain Mazda
09-09-06, 23:37
Actually Qui-Gon became one with the Force. He was watching over Anakin before the start of the Clone Wars and after the birth of the Empire, was reunited with Obi-Wan as Yoda had training for Obi. He then left Obi-Wan to allow his friend to fulfill final tasks as a Jedi Master: train and advise Luke to become a Jedi Master and rebuild the Order on Yavin IV.

PirateRose
09-09-06, 23:44
But that wouldn't make much sense since Qui-Gon boyd had remained, and then he had a ceremonial burning.

So anyone else have any other ideas.

Captain Mazda
09-09-06, 23:47
He didn't vanish on sight, neither did Darth Vader.

Captain Mazda
09-09-06, 23:47
Trust me, I'm no nerd but I know my Star Wars.

PirateRose
09-09-06, 23:59
erm bizarre double post sorry....

Captain Mazda
10-09-06, 00:03
He didn't vanish on sight, neither did Darth Vader.

*sigh* I was forced to quote myself and dig up official information because you refused to believe me.

"Qui-Gon's spirit, now one with the Force, tried unsuccessfully to communicate with Anakin when the latter went on an anger-fueled rampage intent on killing the Tusken Raiders responsible for his mother's death. Later, in a scene at the end of Revenge of the Sith (which does not appear in the final cut of the film but does in the novelization), Yoda and Obi-Wan apprenticed themselves during their exile to Qui-Gon's spirit to learn the secret of preserving their identities after becoming one with the Force."

Captain Mazda
10-09-06, 05:58
Check and mate :D

Flipper1987
10-09-06, 07:14
Trust me, I'm no nerd but I know my Star Wars.

Don't sell yourself short, Mazda. You're an incredible nerd. :D

Captain Mazda
10-09-06, 07:52
I'm far off the current stereotyped description of nerds, thank goodness:)