PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Double Agent: UBISOFT invade Nintendo Wii

illuminati30
09-09-06, 22:36
Splinter Cell Double agent is to launch with Nintendo Wii, and from what I can see it will look pretty dam fine, but hey it is UBISOFT after all.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731810p1.html

UBISOFT were not kidding when they said they were 110% behind Nintendo with the Launch of the Nintendo Wii.

Ubisoft's Wii Launch Titles:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II: As a squadron leader and ace fighter pilot, leverage the Wii controller to experience intense dog fighting in the famous air battles of WW II. Air combat simulation, rating pending.

Far Cry: As Jack Carver, use the Wii Remote to drive, shoot, slash, jump and climb your way through a rebel-infested tropical hell. First-person action shooter, rating pending.

GT Pro Series: Immerse yourself in the fast-paced action of this exclusive Wii car-racing game and take full advantage of the Wii Remote. Racing game, rating pending.

Open Season: Allows gamers to relive the humor and adventure of Sony Pictures Animation's highly anticipated, first feature-length CG animated film. Kids adventure, rating pending.

Monster 4X4 World Circuit: Use the Wii Remote to perform spectacular stunts, jump and race the most powerful Monster Trucks, and go head-to-head in pulse-pounding off-road competitions all over the world. Truck racing, rating pending.

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Experience the return of Rayman when his world is threatened by a devastating invasion of crazed, out-of-control bunnies. Whether it be crazy Kung-Fu action or competing in the cow toss, players will use the Wii Remote in the most imaginative and innovative ways possible to defeat these whacky rabbids. Action-adventure, rating pending.

Red Steel: This Wii exclusive title takes place in modern-day Japan and challenges players to master both the ancient art of the katana and the sophisticated technology of modern firearms. First-person action, rating pending.

Source:

http://gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=9135

UBISOFT, you rock my world! Can not wait to play Red Steel, and Rayman :jmp: :jmp:

Also, a version of Prince of Persia for Nintendo Wii, in the works? Cat? Assistance needed.

Also, will Wii be playing Wii for £149 on the 24th November, in the UK?

Wii: November 24 for £149?
UK trade magazine predicts Nintendo's launch plans.
by Alex Simmons (http://uk.wii.ign.com/email.html)

UK, September 8, 2006 - Nintendo will release the Wii in Europe by 24 November for £149, according to games industry trade magazine MCV. The paper also claims there will be enough consoles to cater for demand both at launch and during the busy Christmas period.

The news comes ahead of Nintendo's (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html#) official European announcement, which is expected to made at a London event next Friday. When asked about the possible price and release date Nintendo commented: "We know that everyone is as excited as we are about the pending launch of Wii and as a result there is a lot of speculation and rumours. We ask people to be patient as all will be revealed in due course."

If the Wii does indeed launch for £149, the console will be priced at £50 less than Microsoft's Core Xbox (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html#) 360 bundle and a staggering £275 less than the predicted price of the PlayStation (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html#) 3.

IGN will have correspondents at each of the global Wii conferences next week, so watch this space for official confirmations, plus fresh hands-on impressions of the Wii games (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html#) scheduled for launch and beyond.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html

Catapharact
09-09-06, 22:39
Ubi Betrayed me... Why Jinx! Whyyyyyy!!!! *Sigh* Why must you support the ultimate wussiness in Console systems?

Ah well...

About POP:

Yes, there is one. However, rumor has it that it may be multi platformed.

illuminati30
09-09-06, 22:42
Ubi Betrayed me... Why Jinx! Whyyyyyy!!!! *Sigh* Why must you support the ultimate wussiness in Console systems?

Ah well...

Takes on role of Angelina Jolie in Mr and Mrs Smith:

'who's your daddy now?'

K.J
09-09-06, 22:46
Red Steel: This Wii exclusive title takes place in modern-day Japan and challenges players to master both the ancient art of the katana and the sophisticated technology of modern firearms. First-person action, rating pending.

Definitely getting that on launch:) Looks awesome.

btw I think Nintendo is gonna have a big conference in London 14.sep:) Hopefully they will let us know the european release date.

Catapharact
09-09-06, 22:48
Takes on role of Angelina Jolie in Mr and Mrs Smith:

'who's your daddy now?'

Pfft... She gets Samboed so easily in that movie. By the way she was fighting, all a person needs to do is use only three moves to break her arm (if the intent was there.)

Anyway, to the point at hand:

Concerning the new POP:

Well here's one which we didn't expect, nor see coming. The OFLC has just listed a new game from Ubisoft titled Prince of Persia: Rival Blades and given the title an M rating. The game is listed as multiple platforms however most games are submitted this way to cover future ports. As far as we can tell the title has never been announced nor even hinted at. Could this be the second next-generation title to use the Scimitar Engine as hinted yesterday and the first next-generation Prince of Persia title? Could it simply be a compilation of the current-gen games? You can read the OFLC article here. Ubisoft were not available for comment being the weekend but we hope to hear more soon.

illuminati30
09-09-06, 22:50

Ah well...

About POP:

Yes, there is one. However, rumor has it that it may be multi platformed.

And don't forget UBISOFT were making games for Nintendo, long before any signs of Xbox in this world, oh and that this is were some of us played our first Prince of Persia games :D

Rumours huh? Well well, what can i say. Hard facts all the way. Thats the only way to play!

Whats this game then? Is it a remake? Whats going on? Will it have the theme of the sands of time? hmmmm No more Prince of Persia for a long time i thought you said. Any sands of times games, i doubt would cut it on other platforms, as really the Nintendo Wii could only offer the sands of time games, something new if its a remake of these. So many questions!

Catapharact
09-09-06, 22:56
Well right now, there is only conformation that yes, Nintendo will have a POP title. However, it points to DS, not Wii.

New Prince of Persia DS title confirmed

Posted Aug 28th 2006 2:30PM by Alan Rose

Future Gamez has confirmed that Ubisoft is working on a new Prince of Persia title for the Nintendo DS, but it doesn't appear to be another card battler like last year's Battles of Prince of Persia.

Australia's Office of Film and Literature Classification added the new game to their online database under the title, Prince of Persia: Rival Blades, for multiple platforms. However, an Ubisoft rep commented that Blades had been an alternate title for The Two Thrones, and the OFLC's listing is a placeholder for a new DS version of the prince's most recent console adventure.

illuminati30
09-09-06, 23:04
Well right now, there is only conformation that yes, Nintendo will have a POP title. However, it points to DS, not Wii.

DS and Wii maybe? Who knows! As long as it involves no bloody cards. I mean what was that all about? Not that i played it, i guess it might be ok, but cards hmmmmm!

Catapharact
09-09-06, 23:08
*Shrugs.* As long as they keep one copy Wii-free for me, I am all Hunky Dory.

illuminati30
09-09-06, 23:19
*Shrugs.* As long as they keep one copy Wii-free for me, I am all Hunky Dory.

So Rival Blades is an alternative name for The Two Thrones hmmm. If The Two Thrones is going to DS, why not just call it The Two Thrones? Ok i know its just a listing. Plus, if it is the Two Thrones game, is this not a bit late in the game for it to come to DS? This is confusing, keep us posted! Time will tell.

If there is some totally new game coming to Wii, or a remake of the first one, or a remake of a sands of time game with enhanced graphics and Wiimote function, and you really want it, but it won't come to 360, i say welcome to my world of forever buying Sony platforms just for Tomb Raider.

Angel666
10-09-06, 03:43
This makes me even more excited for the Wii. :jmp: I am definately getting Red Steel when I get my Wii. And by the way, does anyone know if the Wii will include a DVD player?

illuminati30
10-09-06, 11:14
This makes me even more excited for the Wii. :jmp: I am definately getting Red Steel when I get my Wii. And by the way, does anyone know if the Wii will include a DVD player?

Yes, and it will also play Gamecube games. The console and game price is not yet known, and whether there will be any games packages or anything. The console is the size of 3 DVD cases.

UNDERTAKER
10-09-06, 11:22
Good news for Nintendo Wii fans :wve: