PDA

View Full Version : Mayonaise and hair

Angel666
10-09-06, 05:45
I've heard that if you wash your hair with mayonaise it'll be soft and shiny. Does it really work? Do you shampoo first and then do the mayo or do you do the mayo first and then shampoo?

Satu
10-09-06, 06:05
I did hear years ago that you could put mayo through your hair to make is soft, however years ago mayo used to have a lot of natural ingredients such as egg but most on the market now would be made up of powders such as starch, stabilisers and heaps of water.

I suppose you could try it but I would mayo first then shampoo otherwise you hair is going to smell like a salad.

Angelx14
10-09-06, 06:29
I've heard that if you wash your hair with mayonaise it'll be soft and shiny. Does it really work? Do you shampoo first and then do the mayo or do you do the mayo first and then shampoo?
I have heard, if you wash your hear with a cream and bread, then your hair will be soft and shiny like baby's butt..:D

frostfur452
10-09-06, 07:34
lol one of the girls at my work used tomato sauce in her hair cause they told me that it helped take the green outta blonde hair from the chlorine

I thought it was a stupid idea at first.. but it actually worked on her hair haha

Geck-o-Lizard
10-09-06, 07:44
Why not just use conditioner? :p

frostfur452
10-09-06, 07:51
dunno if the same thing happens to other people but conditioner makes my hair flat :S

Neteru
10-09-06, 08:03
I've heard all kinds of crazy notions about what is good to put on your hair over the years. I never fancied trying any of them. http://neteru.tombraiderforums.com/images/no.gif

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-09-06, 08:03
Oh yes, it works, as does eggs too!

Just get yourself some mayo, gop it all on your hair, put some saran wrap or a plasytic bag over is, put a towel over your pillow, go to sleep, wake up, wash out and shampoo as you normally would, and bingo! Nice, shiny, soft hair. :)

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 18:54
I'd hate to imagine how my hair would smell like if I applied mayo on it!! I just condition it everyday...and shampoo it once a week..and mine is shiny as hell!!:p

Lone Raider
10-09-06, 18:56
Lol, I tried the egg thing on my sister once, who has really thick dark straight hair, and lots of it. So I go and chuck the egg in, wash her hair, and everything looks and feels great.
Only when I washed it out I realized I shouldn't have used hot water...

took us weeks to get the stuff out. :D

Angel666
10-09-06, 18:57
Have you tried it Mel? I'm not willing to try it on a school night so I'll do it next weekend. What did you do with the egg? Shampoo first then do the egg or egg first?

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-09-06, 19:01
Mayonnaise seems like it'd make your hair really greasy... Although I've heard it works. I'd only use conditioner to make my hair smooth/shiny.

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-09-06, 19:11
Have you tried it Mel? I'm not willing to try it on a school night so I'll do it next weekend. What did you do with the egg? Shampoo first then do the egg or egg first?
I've never used egg, but my mom said that it works really well. I'm assuming you use it just like you do the mayo, leave it in overnight. The mayo never made my hair greasy. Once I rinsed it out and washed my hair as usual, the result was great! Silky and smooth. :D

What I do now to keep my hair soft is rotate conditioners. I'll use a certain brand until that bottle is empty, then I'll buy another brand, and I just keep changing, and eventually I'll go back to a brand I used before, etc. I heard that it's really good for your hair, and it works great for me. :)

viper456
10-09-06, 19:12
if anyone tried to put mayo in my hair they would find themselves in a hospital bed :) lmao

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 19:16
I've never used egg, but my mom said that it works really well. I'm assuming you use it just like you do the mayo, leave it in overnight. The mayo never made my hair greasy. Once I rinsed it out and washed my hair as usual, the result was great! Silky and smooth. :D

What I do now to keep my hair soft is rotate conditioners. I'll use a certain brand until that bottle is empty, then I'll buy another brand, and I just keep changing, and eventually I'll go back to a brand I used before, etc. I heard that it's really good for your hair, and it works great for me. :)

yeah...I noticed the same thing with my hair too..that whenever I changed brands...it looked better!!:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-09-06, 19:21
Looks like you know your stuff about hair CA! :tmb:

cate_kroft
10-09-06, 19:52
All I can say is "yuck"! I would never try it, just get better shampoo or something. There are so many of those "old" beauty tips that I find questionable at best. Like this one from Mae West:
"She was famous for her morning enemas, which she claimed made her skin like silk and left her "smelling sweet at both ends". On the set of her last film Sextette (1978), co-star Tony Curtis claimed that she was given an enema after being made up, at approximately 11 AM in the morning, as the last step of her preparations before going before the camera."

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:02
mmmm mayo:D
I do know that dilute vinegar cuts through hair grease and slows it down forming;)

Lavinder
10-09-06, 20:02
I just use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner everyday and mine is smooth, shiny and smells nice...

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:14
now that's the first time i hear about using mayo for hair O.o

lol I only use shampoo regurarly and somet hair conditioners to keep my hair shiny cand healthy cause I dye my hair once in a while.. but even without the conditioner it's silky and shiny..

since this a thread about hair I might aswel ask cause there is one thing bothering me... my hair is so thick.. I mean I have to use lots of gel to have it the way I want it.. are there any better ways to keep hair straight? ( mines not curly by nature)

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:18
now that's the first time i hear about using mayo for hair O.o

lol I only use shampoo regurarly and somet hair conditioners to keep my hair shiny cand healthy cause I dye my hair once in a while.. but even without the conditioner it's silky and shiny..

since this a thread about hair I might aswel ask cause there is one thing bothering me... my hair is so thick.. I mean I have to use lots of gel to have it the way I want it.. are there any better ways to keep hair straight? ( mines not curly by nature)
You can use a chemical relaxer...but it knackers your hair up if not looked after properly:(

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:21
hehe...my only hair problem is my split ends..since I haven't cut it for 13 months!!:p

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:24
You can use a chemical relaxer...but it knackers your hair up if not looked after properly:(
okay.. so that's out of question :p

lol CA.. cut it or atleast tidy it at the hairdressers :p

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:25
okay.. so that's out of question :p

lol CA.. cut it or atleast tidy it at the hairdressers :p
nope...I'm gonna wait until I reach my goal length first..and then I'll trim it!!cause..the more I mess with it now...the longer it;s gonna take!!:p

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:26
hehe...my only hair problem is my split ends..since I haven't cut it for 13 months!!:p
Get it trimmed:p
Or use conditioning milk...that keeps my splits away:D

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:26
lol well how long do you want it to be then :D
yer what assasino said.. that helps :)

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:28
lol well how long do you want it to be then :D
yer what assasino said.. that helps :)
a little past the shoulders!!:p which means I ain't doin' nothin to it before the 2-year mark...besides wash it!!:p

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:31
a little past the shoulders!!:p which means I ain't doin' nothin to it before the 2-year mark...besides wash it!!:p
it takes your hair 2 years to grow that lenght :pi: lol.. mine grows like from 1 cm to 20 cm in 6 months.. my hair grows way too fast.. :mad:

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:32
it takes your hair 2 years to grow that lenght :pi: lol.. mine grows like from 1 cm to 20 cm in 6 months.. my hair grows way too fast.. :mad:

I started from a buzz cut..:p

Sofitegan
10-09-06, 20:33
Lol, I tried the egg thing on my sister once, who has really thick dark straight hair, and lots of it. So I go and chuck the egg in, wash her hair, and everything looks and feels great.
Only when I washed it out I realized I shouldn't have used hot water...

took us weeks to get the stuff out. :D
Rofl!

If you leave conditioner in for about five minutes it makes your hair extra soft and shiny. :) i do it a lot. You also get the same effect if you wash the shampoo out with cold water, but whether you can bear the cold water or not... :whi:

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:34
I started from a buzz cut..:p
hmm.. you mean like almost bald? cause 1cm is short! lol..

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:34
Mine grows pretty fast too...I want mine reeeeally long though, starting to get difficult to dye now:(

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:36
hmm.. you mean like almost bald? cause 1cm is short! lol..
sorry I was confused...can you state that growth rate in inches please?:p

MiCkiZ88
Mine grows pretty fast too...I want mine reeeeally long though, starting to get difficult to dye now:(
yer that's the con side of long hair.. takes for ever to dye and if you are making the higlights your self.. hehe.. talk about problems :D

I think it's under half an inch CA

Assassino
I know...do you dye your hair?

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:38
I know...do you dye your hair?
yeah I dye it myself.. and did the highlights.. got it faster done by myself and am pretty happy with the result :)

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:38
yer that's the con side of long hair.. takes for ever to dye and if you are making the higlights your self.. hehe.. talk about problems :D

I think it's under half an inch CA

well..I've heard that half an inch per month is the average growth rate...but I don't measure my hair at all so...I don't really know my growth rate:p

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:39
yeah I dye it myself.. and did the highlights.. got it faster done by myself and am pretty happy with the result :)
Cool:D
I did but mother does it now that it's getting longer and taking two pots of dye...she's a hairdresser so that helps:D

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:40
well..I've heard that half an inch per month is the average growth rate...but I don't measure my hair at all so...I don't really know my growth rate:p
okay so i just checked it.. 1 cm is 0,3937 inches :p

I think my hair grows double than half an inch a month..

Well that's good assasino :D I wish my step sister could do it rather than say that she can do it and mess my hair completely xD

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:41
post a pic then...let's see the new you!!:p

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:42
lol I posted that my hair was short an week ago right :D okay.. il post a new pick :p

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:47
okay so i just checked it.. 1 cm is 0,3937 inches :p

I think my hair grows double than half an inch a month..

Well that's good assasino :D I wish my step sister could do it rather than say that she can do it and mess my hair completely xD
wicked hair growth rate!!:eek:

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:48
wicked hair growth rate!!:eek:
I know.. wanna swap :pi:

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:48
I wish mine grew that fast:(
Ooooh I'll swap!:D

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:50
I know.. wanna swap :pi:
why...you don't like your hair?:p

AnthonyShock1515
10-09-06, 20:52

Yes thats true, but its better to change more frequent. One week use a more expensice luxury brand, then the next week use your cheapy brand. And so on. It really does wonders.

AND NEVER USE HEAD AND SHOULDERS!!!!NOT EVEN IF YOU HAVE DANDRUFF. What it dies is BURN your scalp (you can even feel the burning when you lather!) and only brings dandruff back earlier. Once you use it, you keep having to buy it. Its like teeth whitening and laser eye correcting. Just think to yourself, why exactly did they give out mini bottle samples. To bind everybody into the chain of buying the product.

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:52
why...you don't like your hair?:p
nah I like it.. just the growth is too fast.. lol..

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 20:53
nah I like it.. just the growth is too fast.. lol..
yeah..the only thing I want from your hair is the growth rate..you can keep the hair itself!!:p

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:54
yeah..the only thing I want from your hair is the growth rate..you can keep the hair itself!!:p
:p

AnthonyShock1515
10-09-06, 20:55
I have very thick asian style hair. It grows 3.2cm a month

It may sound good but the countless times you have to cut your hair. You cut your hair and 5 weeks later Im back there!

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 20:56
I have very thick asian style hair. It grows 3.2cm a month
okay.. now that's fast.. i think it's a bit more than mine.. :eek:

Assassino
10-09-06, 20:56
Woah man!!!!

AnthonyShock1515
10-09-06, 20:58
My dads family are like that. Its just genatic. Also I have whats called an asbestos tongue. I can drink boiling water from a kettle as soon as its boiled. I was once at the hospital with my friend. (Her mother fell down the stairs) and we got coffie from the machine. I got mine, and as soon as she picked her cup out the recepticle, mine was circling the bin rim.:p

AnthonyShock1515
10-09-06, 21:01
I think people from a cold are have faster hair growth.

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-09-06, 21:01
My hair grows really, really fast. That's why short haircuts don't bother me all that much. It's worth experimenting since it grows back so fast. :p

Still, I don't like to cut it tooooo short. O.o

MiCkiZ88
10-09-06, 21:06
My hair grows really, really fast. That's why short haircuts don't bother me all that much. It's worth experimenting since it grows back so fast. :p

Still, I don't like to cut it tooooo short. O.o
well that's the plus side.. you can have so many hairstyles and it grows back fast :D

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 21:07
I'm envious of you fast hair growers!!:mad: :D

Assassino
10-09-06, 21:08
I'm envious of you fast hair growers!!:mad: :D
Relax, the downside is when the heat is up it all drops out...well, mine does:(

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 21:10
Relax, the downside is when the heat is up it all drops out...well, mine does:(
hehe..what do you mean by "drops out"..you shed a lot?:p

Assassino
10-09-06, 21:12
hehe..what do you mean by "drops out"..you shed a lot?:p
Ha ha!:p
No I mean when I brush or comb it, lots of it comes out onto the brush, mostly in the summer though. Winter hardly makes any drop out:)

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 21:16
Ha ha!:p
No I mean when I brush or comb it, lots of it comes out onto the brush, mostly in the summer though. Winter hardly makes any drop out:)
yeah..that's what shedding means!!;)

Assassino
10-09-06, 21:17
yeah..that's what shedding means!!;)
Ooooooooooooooh O.o
Sorry i'm a dumb ass:D I just use malt that's probs why I didn't have a clue what you were on about:D

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 21:18
Ooooooooooooooh O.o
Sorry i'm a dumb ass:D I just use malt that's probs why I didn't have a clue what you were on about:D
malt?never heard of that!!:p

Assassino
10-09-06, 21:21
malt?never heard of that!!:p
Ooooooh it's just like what you meant, just another word I use:D
I make my own words up for things most of the time:D

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 21:24
Ooooooh it's just like what you meant, just another word I use:D
I make my own words up for things most of the time:D

yeah Leah...is "drop out" another one of your concoctions?cause when somebody says "drop out" they usually mean someone that quits school!! :p

Assassino
10-09-06, 21:26
yeah Leah...is "drop out" another one of your concoctions?cause when somebody says "drop out" they usually mean someone that quits school!! :p
I'm trying to see what you mean there...but i'd never drop out of anything, if I start something I aim to complete:D
Edit: I really am stupid! I get you now:D

Betal
10-09-06, 21:26
One word: Yuck

CerebralAssassin
10-09-06, 21:28
I'm trying to see what you mean there...but i'd never drop out of anything, if I start something I aim to complete:D
I mean..did you make up the phrase "drop out" too...cause I've never heard that before to describe "hair shedding"!:p

Assassino
10-09-06, 21:29
I mean..did you make up the phrase "drop out" too...cause I've never heard that before to describe "hair shedding"!:p
No...I just say what I mean/feel:)

@ Betal...I know;) but that's life!

clairelovestlc
13-09-06, 20:03
lots of things like mayo, eggs, brown sauce are good for your hair... personally i stick with a hot deep conditioning wrap lol.

tr_mitch
13-09-06, 20:06
Waitress once dropped this cup of mayonaise on the floor when i was at work, Covered me... Can't say it did my hair any good though.