PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2

Mad Tony
17-09-06, 20:58
I just have to post this.
I replayed this game for like the 50th time today.
And the atomasphere in this game amazes me!

What was your favourite part of the game?
Who is your favourite character?
What do you think of it?

All I can say is, it's freakin' awesome!

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-06, 21:00
Sam Fisher.

'nuff said. :p

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 21:01
What was your favourite part of the game?
Playing sniper when protecting E.E.
Raiden, Snake and Otacon.
What do you think of it?
Fan-flipping-tastic. My third favourite game of all-time (my second favourite being Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes).

Mad Tony
17-09-06, 21:03
Sam Fisher.

Splinter Cell may have more stealth element to it, but overall, Metal Gear Solid has much more atmosphere than Splinter Cell.

How comes you always prefer the rivals of my favourite games!? :p
Like Goldeneye for instance! :p

@Shaun: I loved the bit where you disguise yourself as one of the terrorists.

My favourite characters are Raiden, Snake, Stillman and President Johnson - (mainly because when you walk into the room to talk to him he just gives the expression of "what did I do!?" in a really comical way! :D)

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 21:05
Sam Fisher.

I love Splinter Cell but I prefer Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid has more atmosphere IMO and you get to know the characters more.

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-06, 21:09
Splinter Cell may have more stealth element to it, but overall, Metal Gear Solid has much more atmosphere than Splinter Cell.

How comes you always prefer the rivals of my favourite games!? :p
Like Goldeneye for instance! :p

Yeah. The only thing i found amusing in MGS is you could hide in a box.

Splinter Cell series are amazing. Especially Pandora Tomorrow. I love the wall-thing, where he slants to one side (which is only done in Pandora Tomorrow).

I find the SC more interactive and the story is easy to get into. There's so many ways you can take out a guy.

Hah, Perfect Dark is way better than Goldeneye. It's more realistic, it has more blood. Plus, your Joanna. ;)

I love Splinter Cell but I prefer Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid has more atmosphere IMO and you get to know the characters more.

You get to know Sam Fisher more in Chaos Thoery than the previous ones.

Double Agent is going to be sweeeet. :D

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 21:15
Splinter Cell series are amazing. Especially Pandora Tomorrow. I love the wall-thing, where he slants to one side (which is only done in Pandora Tomorrow).
I loved that too. :jmp:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole making choices thing pans out.

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-06, 21:16
I loved that too. :jmp:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole making choices thing pans out.

Same here! It'll be awesome. When given choices in a game it gets you more into the game.

Mad Tony
17-09-06, 21:18
Yeah. The only thing i found amusing in MGS is you could hide in a box.

I find the SC more interactive and the story is easy to get into. There's so many ways you can take out a guy.

Hah, Perfect Dark is way better than Goldeneye. It's more realistic, it has more blood. Plus, your Joanna. ;)

You get to know Sam Fisher more in Chaos Thoery than the previous ones.

But Metal Gear Solid, has tension.
It does what a video game should do.
It immerses you.

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-06, 21:22
But Metal Gear Solid, has tension.
It does what a video game should do.
It immerses you.

So does SC. What do you think the "stealth" part is for? ;)

Mad Tony
17-09-06, 21:26
So does SC. What do you think the "stealth" part is for? ;)
Have you actually played and completed MGS2?
I have played SC Chaos Therory.
But I thought it was crap.
As soon as you;re spotted, you're dead.
It's not like that on MGS.
On MGS you can choose to fight, or to hide.

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 21:28
That's the whole point of Splinter Cell. It's a completely different ball game to MGS. You have to use stealth to survive, hence "splinter cell". A splinter cell is someone who is meant to get in and out of a building without being seen.

Mad Tony
17-09-06, 21:29
That's the whole point of Splinter Cell. It's a completely different ball game to MGS. You have to use stealth to survive, hence "splinter cell". A splinter cell is someone who is meant to get in and out of a building without being seen.
I know that.
But it just seems a bit, saming.
Plus Metal Gear Solid 3, has much more stealth element.
And if you're seen, you're quite normally dead or you have to run quite far.

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-06, 21:31
Have you actually played and completed MGS2?
I have played SC Chaos Therory.
But I thought it was crap.
It's not like that on MGS.
On MGS you can choose to fight, or to hide.

No, i've played Twin Snakes for GC.

What? Are we playing the same game here? You get 4-5 hits and your dead. If you can't think fast enough of what to do while being shot at, then of course you're screwed.

You play the game slowly and time your movements, and stick to the shadows. You also get a choice on how you attack someone. Knock them out quietly/silently, or you take them out quickly/painfully.

In MGS you can run into another room, use your cardboard box, your safe.

Mad Tony
17-09-06, 21:33
No, i've played Twin Snakes for GC.

What? Are we playing the same game here? You get 4-5 hits and your dead. If you can't think fast enough of what to do while being shot at, then of course you're screwed.

You play the game slowly and time your movements, and stick to the shadows. You also get a choice on how you attack someone. Knock them out quietly/silently, or you take them out quickly/painfully.

In MGS you can run into another room, use your cardboard box, your safe.
You seem to think very highly of the box.
It's not that great.
When the sweep teams come for you, they'll find you if you're hiding under a box.

About the alert thing, it depends on what difficulty it is.
And on MGS3, you cannot get rid of your alert status by doing that at all.

Hybrid Soldier
17-09-06, 21:35
You seem to think very highly of the box.
It's not that great.
When the sweep teams come for you, they'll find you if you're hiding under a box.

About the alert thing, it depends on what difficulty it is.
And on MGS3, you cannot get rid of your alert status by doing that at all.

Haha, because it's the box.

It's quite strange he'd bother carrying one around. When he could just use the enviroment around him.

TombRaiderLover
18-09-06, 06:41
I love this game. *hums music*

Leon xXx
18-09-06, 18:26
Look Hybrid, this is a Metal gear solid 2 thread not splinter cell 2. If you want to talk about splinter cell, this is not the place and stop BASHING the game. You're just all talking about the box haa.... well I'll show you what splinter cell has something stupid in it.

Snatching this guy out of a room full of guys looking right at him was just the start of the fun here. Turns out they're all deaf, too. Check it out.\/ \/

http://www.gwlvideos.com/Vids/Splinter/Splinter%20BS%2001.mpg

The great thing to hate in this scene is how the guy wants to know "who cut this?", but he never considers that it might be, um, the guy right in front of the cut.\/ \/

http://www.gwlvideos.com/Vids/Splinter/Splinter%20BS%2002.mpg

soo, please just shut up about the splinter cell, this is a METAL GEAR SOLID 2 thread and every game has something stupid, alright.

Hybrid Soldier
18-09-06, 19:32
Look Hybrid, this is a Metal gear solid 2 thread not splinter cell 2. If you want to talk about splinter cell, this is not the place and stop BASHING the game. You're just all talking about the box haa.... well I'll show you what splinter cell has something stupid in it.

Snatching this guy out of a room full of guys looking right at him was just the start of the fun here. Turns out they're all deaf, too. Check it out.\/ \/

http://www.gwlvideos.com/Vids/Splinter/Splinter%20BS%2001.mpg

The great thing to hate in this scene is how the guy wants to know "who cut this?", but he never considers that it might be, um, the guy right in front of the cut.\/ \/

http://www.gwlvideos.com/Vids/Splinter/Splinter%20BS%2002.mpg

soo, please just shut up about the splinter cell, this is a METAL GEAR SOLID 2 thread and every game has something stupid, alright.

I'm not stupid, you moron. Are you sure your 16? You sure don't seem to be. Your post almost made close to no sense. I can say whatever i like, whenever i like. Ever heard of freedom of speech? How about you think before saying something stupid.

Oh and last thing, every game has it's flaws. Where did i say it doesn't? Did i say Splinter Cell was perfect, no. I didn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/TheHardyBoyz/STFUCup.jpg

Neteru
18-09-06, 19:48
Now, now. Be nice.

Hybrid Soldier
18-09-06, 19:49
Now, now. Be nice.

Sorry. :wve:

I found his post to be rather insulting...i usually don't respond like that.

Neteru
18-09-06, 19:54
I know you don't, and sorry I missed that post, or I'd have posted sooner. Best to ignore or use the Report Post feature. ;)

Hybrid Soldier
18-09-06, 19:57
I know you don't, and sorry I missed that post, or I'd have posted sooner. Best to ignore or use the Report Post feature. ;)

Alright, will do. :)

Tombreaper
18-09-06, 23:07
'What was your favourite part of the game?
What do you think of it?'

-I like all parts of the game.
-All characters are my favorites.
-Okay, there are people who don't like the game at all, but IMO, MGS 2 puts a lot of other games to shame.

Satu
19-09-06, 01:08
Many favourite moments but I I think it was in "hole one" where you had to take the photos of metal gear. I used different way's of alerting all the soldiers like throwing a granade onto them, or I would run in front of the projector or just shooting at them like crazy :vlol:

I also liked all the characters but my favourite is Snake off course :)

Mad Tony
19-09-06, 18:51
http://www.mgstus.org/downloads/audio/colonel_ai_comments/i_need_scissors.mp3
Listen to this! :vlol:
I love this part.
Perhaps one of the funniest lines on a video game IMO.

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 18:16
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/TheHardyBoyz/STFUCup.jpg
LMAO :vlol:

:D

da tomb raider!
21-09-06, 15:10
I also love this awesome game! It's a little short, but there are so many things to do in it!
My favorite part in it is... killing enemies in different ways...
My favorite character in... good old Snake!
I think it is excellent!