PDA

View Full Version : What did you do when you're frustrated with a game?

Shark_Blade
19-09-06, 06:21
When I got really,really,REALLY irritated with a game, I sometime go on a rant like: Stupid game, why is that a glitch?? dammmit, argghhh!! :mad: Currently my most irritating game is Sonic Riders and Shadow the Hedgehog. I got :cen: with Devil May Cry 3 as well,can't kill the mini boss outside:o

and then I go scream into a pillow until I cool down. lol :vlol:

So what did you guys do?Threw the controller on the tv set? Cursed around for hours? It's really amazing how games can get on our nerves so much.:D

Mad Tony
19-09-06, 06:27
Don't even go there! :p
Lol.

Tombreaper
19-09-06, 06:36
I always 'try' to stay cool :cln:

Shark_Blade
19-09-06, 06:56
Don't even go there! :p
Lol.

Aww. come on. I even heard about a boy who got mad and threw his controller on the floor. He forgot his foot is down there so he broke his toe nail. Imagine him wailing lol

@TombReaper = I tried to stay cool too, but sometimes there's a limit to people's coolness:p

ivannnnn
19-09-06, 08:04
I throw the CD and the PS2 controller :mad:

Satu
19-09-06, 08:40
I rememeber this one time...funny enought I can't remember what game it was anyhow it went like this....

Oh :cen: what's going on what the :cen: why isn't this damn thing doing what I want it to do :cen: :cen: :cen: this is :cen: .....the controller goes flying on the floor and I walk off...come back not even a minute later.....oh what the hell...this game is :cen:.

Get up to switch the PS2 or was it XBOX...can't remember, anyhow turn the damn thing off.

5 minutes later...talking to myself...now I am going to do this....this time I am going to finish this.....30 seconds later OH :cen: :cen: :cen:

hehehe:o

After 20 minutes of cursing and finally getting the job done :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Edit: I remebered what game...MGS2 trying to kill the Metal Ray's with the rocket launcher.

Rivendell
19-09-06, 08:51
Mario is a prime example of frustration for me. It just puts me in a bad mood, I lose concerntration, swear and then turn it off 'til I've cooled down!

Shark_Blade
19-09-06, 09:47
^lol mario. I remember how frustrating King Cooper's castles are and when we got to the part to fight him, I accidentally got hit by his fireballs or even landing on him whilst jumping to get the axe to cut the bridge. Then we get to play the damn level back again:mad: :D

TR freak
19-09-06, 09:58
Back when I was a kid and played on the sega megadrive I broke several controllers in frustration. Mainly because there was no save feature on the games and when I got really far and then lost it was just really annoying. On the PS1 I matured a little bit. I only broke one controller and punched my door. Now for the PS2. I've broken one controller. I was playing a game where I got really far and was about to save it. Then it froze. I smashed the controller on the floor and it all came apart. I told my dad I dropped the controller by accident lol. Now for the most recent. On my first playthrough of RE4 I got all the way up to saddler. I killed saddler. When it shows you in the scene blowing him up with a rocket launcher the game froze. It wouldn't go any further. I stayed calm and didn't do anything. I reset the game and did it again hoping it was a one time thing. When it happened in the same place again I got extremely mad. I didn't smash the controller this time. I simply screamed, stamped on the floor and kept punching my door. I cleaned the disc and it didn't help. There was a scratch on the disc. I had to get a new copy of the game.

Lenochka
19-09-06, 10:33
I freak out xD my mom always laughs at me :vlol:
Alot of times i will be so mad at the game winning i will run up and turn it off saying " Hahahahahaha you lose, i win! " I remember throwing my gameboy at the wall once... stupid pokemon xD

Thorir
19-09-06, 10:49
I swear.
A LOT.

Shark_Blade
19-09-06, 11:32
Back when I was a kid and played on the sega megadrive I broke several controllers in frustration. Mainly because there was no save feature on the games and when I got really far and then lost it was just really annoying. On the PS1 I matured a little bit. I only broke one controller and punched my door. Now for the PS2. I've broken one controller. I was playing a game where I got really far and was about to save it. Then it froze. I smashed the controller on the floor and it all came apart. I told my dad I dropped the controller by accident lol. Now for the most recent. On my first playthrough of RE4 I got all the way up to saddler. I killed saddler. When it shows you in the scene blowing him up with a rocket launcher the game froze. It wouldn't go any further. I stayed calm and didn't do anything. I reset the game and did it again hoping it was a one time thing. When it happened in the same place again I got extremely mad. I didn't smash the controller this time. I simply screamed, stamped on the floor and kept punching my door. I cleaned the disc and it didn't help. There was a scratch on the disc. I had to get a new copy of the game.

lol what a record tr freak XD

Angel_14
19-09-06, 11:38
I usually swear the character, who I'm playing with.

Here's one of my swears: 'You stupid, clumsy godammed:cen: moving, :cen:ing idiot gorilla!'

While I was trying to make Kurtis jumped for the 3th. time :whi:

Lara Croft!
19-09-06, 11:51
Start shouting and swearing
Cheat (codes,walkthroughs)
Stop the game for a few hours/days
Toss the controller to the wall (That poor dual shock PS controller must hate me)
Uninstall the game (Only happened twice)

Pipolinne
19-09-06, 12:04
Start punching my desk
Swearing
Offending the characters
Take a breake,before completely loosing it

Lara's Boy
19-09-06, 12:05
I usually swear the character, who I'm playing with.

Here's one of my swears: 'You stupid, clumsy godammed:cen: moving, :cen:ing idiot gorilla!'

While I was trying to make Kurtis jumped for the 3th. time :whi:

Except for the Kurtis part (I leveled skipped that part :p), that is what I do.

To me it seems silly to get "violent" in response to a game, so I just curse at the character as if they were real :p

If a game happens to get particularly frustrating, I simply stop playing it entirely.

MiCkiZ88
19-09-06, 12:14
Warning! If you get frustrated easily.. do not.. I mean DO NOT! play god of war in god mode :whi:

Damn that was hard and I got pretty frustrated when I was trying to beat the minotaur in pandoras temple O.o

That was f'n hard..
Im not a quitter when the game goes hard.. so..

1. I started holding harder and harder of my ps2 controller
2. Started swearing :cen: die :cen: mino:cen: taur DIE!! :cen:
3. Punched the table so hard that my glass flew of
4. Got more ****ed of when diyng the :cen: 684930 :cen: times in a row :hea: :cen:
5. threw the controller.
6. What got me more ****ed of that I almost cried, is that when I beat the minotaur, I forgot to save and turned of the console O_O

Cochrane
19-09-06, 12:16
I sometimes deliberately kill my character because I consider it his/her fault that I can not progress any furtherů

Lara Croft!
19-09-06, 12:16
Offending the characters

LOL...I like the way u expressed it!:D

Shark_Blade
19-09-06, 12:27
6. What got me more ****ed of that I almost cried is that when I beat the minotaur I forgot to save and turned of the console O_O
sometime happened to me too. That must have been the most frustrating part of all. All your hard work go down the drain

ace_85
19-09-06, 12:28
Ok, my record in this field is shameful. I do all the above-mentioned acts of rage; swearing, shouting, throwing controllers about - I've smashed two into smithereens to date :D - and even the uninstalling-the-game thing that LC does (they deserved it though, crappy pieces of rubbish). However, my crowning glory was centred around the truly awful game of Worms 3D. One mission in particular was so stupidly difficult that, after the 10,078th time of trying to complete it (number of tries may have been exaggerated, but it felt like that), I simply opened the PS2, took out the disc and calmly proceeded to break it into two pieces, and throw it in the bin. That felt good :D

BtoFu
19-09-06, 13:02
hahaha that's one solution, Ace..just break that mother. :vlol:

Oh man I flipped out at Tekken 5 last night..we're talking 3am hijinks. I was playing as Law, getting my Bruce Lee on and trying to get my rank up nice and quick. I ran into Anna at the level of 'warlord' and damn if I could beat the *****. The thing that irritates me about the CPU on this level is that their combos basically consist of not letting you up at all..or they're send you into the air and play keepy uppy with you for like 6 good hits. Each time I tried to remain calm..told myself to focus and change tactics...but nothing was working so I started letting out Bruce Lee style 'AYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH' battle crys every time I went to bust a move. Then I started roaring curse words at the tv. I pulled my headphones off and threw them at the wall. I cursed some more then for some reason I calmed down..and beat her after something like 14 attempts..not before being demoted in rank to 'Virtuoso' but I damn well didn't care..that was a hard fought victory and I enjoyed it.

Most of the time I'm cool with games..it's easy to get frustrated at them, something which not everyone can understand. I have a friend who used to launch his games out the window! The days of the mege drive when he couldn't beat Spider Man or Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat..he would flip out and launch them right out the window. I've never been that bad. :p

Betal
19-09-06, 15:06
maybe someone think I'm crazy. But I kicked on my ps2 and throiw it on the floor. But I have a new one now

jarhead
19-09-06, 15:23
usually bash my keyboard, then i realise theres a better way.

get a drink have something to eat and try again

PirateRose
19-09-06, 15:36
I try, try, try again till I just can't take it any more, turn the game off, and not play again for a good while.

Shark_Blade
19-09-06, 15:39
I'm somewhat glad sony ditch the boomerang controller prototype. If people gone mad and threw the controller it will hit them back square on the face XD

in these arms
19-09-06, 15:52
Since I play games in my bedroom. I really try to eat the bed sheet! :vlol: Which is true! I just lose it and eat everything...

Jacob x5
19-09-06, 15:57
Well whatever you do to calm down when frustrated by a game — or indeed anything — DON'T kick something. :p The pain that more often than not follows this act will only lead you to kick it again. :p

CuteKittenlol
19-09-06, 15:58
I used to throw the controller when i was younger XD

But now i just swear :p

ace_85
19-09-06, 18:43
I'm somewhat glad sony ditch the boomerang controller prototype. If people gone mad and threw the controller it will hit them back square on the face XD

:vlol: :vlol:

Cord_Croft
19-09-06, 18:52
Swear. Get extremely moody. throw controller here there and everywhere. Generaly get extremelly peeded off with the god dam thing xD!

Forwen
19-09-06, 19:15
Generally I swear and then go get some tea.

I don't remember the game's name, but one time I got so freaked out I stood up, ran around for a while swearing, came back to the chair and was about to kick the bejesus out of it when I noticed the controller still lying on it. Still mad like a drunken weasel I stopped in mid-air, carefully removed it (most of the Central Europe folk can't afford to smash equipement. So what?) and only when I returned to furiously attacking the chair I realised what I'd done. I'm just happy no one saw it, but it was a one good laugh.

I've been vegetating on Jade Empire for last two weeks, so even though the game belongs to the noble (and definitely too small) family of titles mostly devoid of frustrating factors, I just want to mention one thing. I have this amazing luck, that when both me and my opponent are on the verge of losing, the one always getting whooped is me. So here I am - completely run out of Focus, Chi, with one third of the health bar - trying for some 4th time to beat the final boss with the uber-tedious strategy of paralyze/poke/paralyze. His own health bar is already barely visible, so I dare think to myself, just... a few... more... seconds and it'll be over. Immediately after, though, all too aware of my ill luck in such situations (and maybe attempting to reverse the curse) I thought to myself ironically "And then your character got evaporized". And I swear, the milisecond I finished this thought the poor creature was fried. As usual the boss broke free prematurely and as usual he turned her into a crisp with god almighty Damage Shield before I even had a chance to notice it was up. Do you have any idea how does it feel to be mocked by your own console?

Pipolinne
19-09-06, 19:35
I sometimes deliberately kill my character because I consider it his/her fault that I can not progress any furtherů

I thought I was the only one doing that,too! Sometimes,while offending them,I feel this suicide urge of letting them die.

I remember my 372983th trying to beat Rutland the first time I played Legend.I was so furious I've made Lara explode with his grenades!
" Die you filthy ****ing incompetent,don't you see him,you stupid :mad: :mad: ???""

Good enough for you,Lara :D?

Hybrid Soldier
19-09-06, 19:40
I start getting ****ed of and i usually start swearing at it.

My mom always says "Oh my god, it's just a game!". And i always respond "If you were playing, and the game was being a piece of crap, you wouldn't say that."

ChocChipCookie
19-09-06, 19:53
I shout, swear profusely and stamp my feet. And scare my poor dog in the process, she usually hides in her bed when I'm frustrated with a game.

Eleanna123
19-09-06, 19:57
Right now I'm playing Resident Evil 4 and I keep getting decapitated by some bloody chainsaw carrying *****es :mad: so I'm pretty mad about that. I usually swear and turn off the game.
Seems it's a pretty common reaction :D

Janny
19-09-06, 20:00
I rarely get so mad, I just check a walkthrough or stop playing the game. No game has ever made me smash the keyboard, I keep it calm. I guess my mind makes me understand that wasting energy swearing and getting annoyed over a game isn't worth it.. Although I do swear a lot in my head :rolleyes:

Night Crawler
19-09-06, 20:57
I used to bite my controller really hard, I still have one with deep teeth marks in it. :vlol:
I've calmed down quite a lot now though! Or maybe I just haven't found that next frustrating game yet, only time will tell. :D

TR freak
19-09-06, 21:04
I used to bite my controller really hard, I still have one with deep teeth marks in it. :vlol:
I've calmed down quite a lot now though! Or maybe I just haven't found that next frustrating game yet, only time will tell. :D
I've never done that. I have bit my own arm in frustration tho lol. I just hate myself so much when I lose I try to eat myself. You wonder why I call myself freak?

Eleanna123
19-09-06, 21:06
I've never done that. I have bit my own arm in frustration tho lol. I just hate myself so much when I lose I try to eat myself. You wonder why I call myself freak?

Were you playing Resident Evil? You might have gotten influenced by that :ton:

TR freak
19-09-06, 21:11
Were you playing Resident Evil? You might have gotten influenced by that :ton:
Well its happened many times before and yes I have done it after playing resident evil before. I actually clearly remember myself doing it after RE1 before. It was after I kept getting killed by the giant snake. It just really annoyed me so I bit myself. I then allowed Jill to get eaten alive by zombies just to get her back for losing.

Eleanna123
19-09-06, 21:12
I then allowed Jill to get eaten alive by zombies just to get her back for losing.

Good one :D

SpongeBob Lover
19-09-06, 22:42
i throw a tantrum in my head and i starts swearing and once i bit my PS2 controll!! :eek:

ace_85
19-09-06, 23:10
Right now I'm playing Resident Evil 4 and I keep getting decapitated by some bloody chainsaw carrying *****es :mad: so I'm pretty mad about that. I usually swear and turn off the game.
Seems it's a pretty common reaction :D

Have you tried playing RE4 on Pro mode, Eleanna? That one is an absolute ***** to try and complete. I took my anger out on the game case (I have the Limited Edition metal case) and it now has a huge dent in the front from when I punched it in pure rage :D

Eleanna123
19-09-06, 23:22
Have you tried playing RE4 on Pro mode, Eleanna? That one is an absolute ***** to try and complete. I took my anger out on the game case (I have the Limited Edition metal case) and it now has a huge dent in the front from when I punched it in pure rage :D

What a shame! :eek: The metal case is really cool! I like to run my fingers over it :D
I'm playing it on Easy Mode and even on that it's pretty difficult a lot of the time. I've played through all of the Resi games so I'm no newbie! It's as if I knew not to choose any mode above that :ton:

Man, those chainsaw people are really scary, the way they run towards you and like 90% of the time they chop off my head usually while I'm reloading my gun. By the way, is there some way to reload the gun manually without having Leon reloading in the middle of a battle standing there taking his time like a moron?

ace_85
19-09-06, 23:26
What a shame! :eek: The metal case is really cool! I like to run my fingers over it :D
I'm playing it on Easy Mode and even on that it's pretty difficult a lot of the time. I've played through all of the Resi games so I'm no newbie! It's as if I knew not to choose any mode above that :ton:

Man, those chainsaw people are really scary, the way they run towards you and like 90% of the time they chop off my head usually while I'm reloading my gun. By the way, is there some way to reload the gun manually without having Leon reloading in the middle of a battle standing there taking his time like a moron?
Yeah, it was a bit stupid in all honesty, it might have been worth something a few years down the line :o Oh well, it made sense at the time :D

Are you playing on PS2? If so, to reload (if memory serves) you need to ready the gun (aiming mode) and press the square button, and Leon will change to a fresh clip. Hope that helps :tmb:

Eleanna123
19-09-06, 23:31
Yeah, it was a bit stupid in all honesty, it might have been worth something a few years down the line :o Oh well, it made sense at the time :D

Are you playing on PS2? If so, to reload (if memory serves) you need to ready the gun (aiming mode) and press the square button, and Leon will change to a fresh clip. Hope that helps :tmb:

It would definitely be worth something in a few years time! Maybe you should try to hammer it back into shape? :D

Actually I'm playing it on the Gamecube but I also have it for the PS2.
But thanks, that means it's possible so I'll try to find the right button on the Gamecube controller. It would be better though if you could reload through the inventory screen like in the other Resi games but oh well!

Ok, back to topic!

da tomb raider!
20-09-06, 14:28
Me? I start shouting and swearing. :tea:

Legend of Lara
20-09-06, 17:57
I've gone through about 4 PS2 controllers. :whi:
Sonic Heroes and Tekken 5 were the ones that did it!!! BLAME SEGA AND NAMCO!!!

TR freak
20-09-06, 19:07
I just bit myself again. I also jumped up and down on the bed and threw the pillows around. I was playing a REALLY OLD tennis game for the sega master system. I wasn't playing it on the master system but its one of the games on those 180 plug in to your tv and play games. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and I won the first set. I lost the second set and lost the third set on a tie break. It took so long and I put loads of effort in only to lose right at the end. Its incredibly frustrating and now I've got a bite mark on my arm.

da tomb raider!
20-09-06, 19:17
I've gone through about 4 PS2 controllers. :whi:
Sonic Heroes and Tekken 5 were the ones that did it!!! BLAME SEGA AND NAMCO!!!
Dude... you broke your controllers on Sonic Heroes and Tekken 5? Woah, sounds like you're an out of shape gamer! They aren't that hard!

Elysia
20-09-06, 19:26
I swear. Loudly. Using words that would make a docker blush....

tombraider123
20-09-06, 19:31
I shout so much, and i even broke a Tomb Raider game case, when i through the PS2 controller and it smashed it :(

Natla'd
20-09-06, 19:38
I think the worse thing I've done is throw a controller at the screen. It missed, luckily.

However, my computer has bite-marks on it...:whi:

belter_21
21-09-06, 21:25
I finished AoD then chucked it in the bin

:-|