PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin died, now lets make a Movie starring Russel Crow as him

daventry
26-09-06, 21:09
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16657

A rumor went on about Russel Crow portraying his life and that he would play Steve Irwin, but RC denied this and said it disgusts him that a Best Friend just died and that he would immediatly go and do a Movie about him.

Should there be a Movie made about him, maybe in a Year or 4 later like the World Trade Center Movie.

jarhead
26-09-06, 21:12
I think it should come down the his family.

Personally I would love to see a movie about his career etc, a couple of years from now, like a memorial, and i cant really see his family objecting

Lavinder
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16657

A rumor went on about Russel Crow portraing his life and that he would play Steve Irwin, but RC denied this and said it disgusts him that a Best Friend just died and that he would immediatly go and do a Movie about him.

Should there be a Movie made about him, maybe in a Year or 4 later like the World Trade Center Movie.
I am discusted with the World Trade Center movie, so soon. All they care about it making money out of disasters. They are no better than the people that crashed the plane in to the towers.

I also think it is awful that Russel Crow would think of making a movie about it already, all his life has been filed on camera in his program and biography; it does not need to be put on the big screen just because he has died.

I'm sorry to people who think it's ok but I just think it's wrong. I'm sure I would not want people to be making a film about me if I had just died for money, same as I think its wrong for people to be smug about getting inheritence when they don't even know the person.

Overall I think it is wrong, they have money on the brain.

PirateRose
Yeah, its far too soon to be makeing a movie about him. He just died, what does that say about Russel? He's seeing all the people with concern for Irwin and his family and then his eyes become big old $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Ca-Ching!

xMiSsCrOfTx
The idea of a movie to tribute Steve is nice, but it's still too soon. Also, I think they would be making it for the wrong reasons. World Trade Center came out five years after the terror attacks. Steve died only a few months ago. It's really in the hands of his family, whether a movie about him comes out or not. I still felt like the WTC movie came out a little soon. It's a touchy subject for those who had lost someone on 9/11, same goes for Steve's family.

Angel666
26-09-06, 21:14
Yeah, I think it's still to soon. In a few years as a memorial maybe but it hasn't even been a month since he died.

daventry
26-09-06, 21:15
I am discusted with the World Trade Center movie, so soon. All they care about it making money out of disasters. They are no better than the people that crashed the plane in to the towers.

There was also a World Trade Center Game being made already with Screenshots and it was a few weeks later after the event, the Thread is around here i think. Sick People.

Angel666
26-09-06, 21:20
I too am really disgusted by the WTC movie and the TV specials. I cant believe they would even think about making a game. I was so angry this past month b/c I just felt that people were shoving 9/11 down my throat. I can remember a tragedy without some actors and fake fire. I'm sure there are lots of people who don't want to remember.

Anubis_AF
26-09-06, 21:20
I was shocked when I heard the news about his death :(

PirateRose
26-09-06, 21:24
Like I said in the above post, all anyone is seeing is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$!!!!!

And they are thinking they can get away with it because its a tragedy many people take to heart, saying we should never forget it. I don't see anyone makeing a film or game about the Tsunami of Dec. 25 2004. Why? Well because most Americans don't seem to care much about it, so there's no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$ there to be made. They are taking advantage of peoples emotions to make a buck.

daventry
I was shocked when I heard the news about his death :(

I dont know him that well, but i was shocked about his death and i saw his funeral on the News.

I did see some of his TV Documentries, but not much. Stupid TV Station of ours, thats a long story as to why i see less Shows of him.

Lavinder
There was also a World Trade Center Game being made already with Screenshots and it was a few weeks later after the event, the Thread is around here i think. Sick People.

Really? That is atrocious !

I nearly cried when I saw the WTT trailer when I went to the cinema the other week, even though I have not lose noone it is still very upsetting to know that people can be so evil

There really is not point, all those people dead for no reason. All those families suffering for no reason. It's just bull****, there was NO NEED.

Angel666
26-09-06, 21:34
Sadly there is never a need. Just ignorant, cruel people.

Lavinder
26-09-06, 21:38
Sadly there is never a need. Just ignorant, cruel people.

True, people are really twisted in the head. It makes me so upset just thinking about it.

Greenkey2
26-09-06, 22:29
I think that it is too soon for any kind of thoughts like this - for Steve Irwin, the World Trade Centre....anything.

frostfur452
26-09-06, 23:26
It's not even remotely true, according to Crowe, who took a break from shooting Ridley Scott's crime-drama American Gangster to talk to ComingSoon.net about his upcoming collaboration with Scott, A Good Year, based on the novel by Peter Mayle. Not only that but even the thought that he'd even be thinking of a movie about his late friend, who he just held a memorial tribute for in their native Australia, really bothers the actor.

"There's no truth to that whatsoever," Crowe said adamantly. "That's one of those appalling pieces of sh*t that come out of the press. While my friend's body is still warm, I'm being accused of doing commerce over his grave, and it absolutely disgusts me."

But why are you all baggin Crowe? It's the press that's stirring up **** isn't it?

PirateRose
26-09-06, 23:33
But why are you all baggin Crowe? It's the press that's stirring up **** isn't it?

It's everyone that is looking to make a buck off of tragedies that need to be attacked. Pretty much all of the insensitive media claiming they are being sensitive by creating this stuff.

frostfur452
26-09-06, 23:40
oooo ok i get it now

xXanisa*raiderXx
07-10-06, 01:27
:mad: NO! No one should EVER:ohn: replace Steve Irwin! :cen: Russell crow, whoever he is, if he was Steve's "best friend" then he should respect Steve, even when dead becuz if he does this movie and its 4 $, :mad: I am so mad that I can't even say what I wanted 2 say!:hea:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

xXanisa*raiderXx
07-10-06, 01:34
Besides Mr. Russel crow (unfaithful "best friend")
When I heard the news about Steve's death, I actually wanted 2 cry:(
And when I heard the interviews with Terri and what she was saying, I actually felt a tear on my cheek:(

Rest in Peace Steve Irwin, father of 2 and protector of animals. :(

tlr online
07-10-06, 01:36
Crow has already rubbished this. :rolleyes:

Legends
07-10-06, 02:05
That's way too soon! I mean come on... the guy just died, show some respect!

Lonely Istari
07-10-06, 06:10
Why do we need a movie about Steve Irwin with a completely different man playing him when we can see all the shows of the real guy? I think that's kinda silly. What's Crow going to do? Thicken his accent and run around with some crocs? We can watch the real guy do that!

AnthonyShock1515
07-10-06, 07:59
The WTC movie wasnt made for money, it was designed for educating and letting others know what went on.

lita212
07-10-06, 09:48
imo there is no way it would be disrespectful because its celebrating his life. if they think this is wrong then im not being funny but what the hell were they thinking when they made that 9/11 movie. imo thats more disrespectful cause its in no way celebrating anyones life. its actually celebrating there death.