PDA

View Full Version : Who else hates these?

Lavinder
27-09-06, 20:40
The can openers that have a key and you have to latch it on to a peice of metal and twist the key all the way round the can.

Just now I was opening one and all it kept doing was falling off, then the whole ring of sharp metal decided to slip all the way off the key. Also I have a nice deep cut in my thumb, oh the joy.

Finally managed to open it all and my dog decides not to eat it.

jarhead
27-09-06, 20:43
I hope your OK,

I love them to be honest, I think they're clever and Iv'e never had any trouble, I've only cut myself on the lids when they've been opened

Lavinder
27-09-06, 20:47
I hope your OK,

I love them to be honest, I think they're clever and Iv'e never had any trouble, I've only cut myself on the lids when they've been opened

No not that kind of can opener, I like those kind lol.

Its the ones where there is a thin strip of metal all around the edge of the can and you get the key and twist this thin strip all the way round with a metal 'key' so you don't cut your fingers to ribbons.

I'm fine but I just had a peice of cellery with salt on it and it went in to my thumb! Arghhh :p

jarhead
27-09-06, 20:48
lol, you seem as if you like pain?? :mis:

you mean the cans that SPAM come in??

Lavinder
27-09-06, 20:52
lol, you seem as if you like pain?? :mis:

you mean the cans that SPAM come in??

Does SPAM come in those cans ? -googles-

YEAH, like that and corned beef :p

Ooooo, it depends on what kind of pain it is.. and what mixture it is with..

Ampersand
27-09-06, 20:54
I absolutely hate those cans. :( It's a killer trying to get the corned beef open. Can't they make round cans?? :o

jarhead
27-09-06, 20:56
I despise SPAM, conred beef etc, hence i havnt actually opened one of those cans, dont intend to either. My mum always snaps off the key so she resorts to a sharp knife with prescision aiming

Ampersand
27-09-06, 20:58
I guess that's the best way. I really think they should be changed. I mean, can you imagine a poor little old lady trying to open those things? Even the ring-pull corned beef tins take immense strength to open. :o

Lavinder
27-09-06, 20:59
I absolutely hate those cans. :( It's a killer trying to get the corned beef open. Can't they make round cans?? :o

The can that I was opening was a round one but it had a hardened metal lid and bottom so I could not use my can opener! How rude of them!:hea:

I despise SPAM, conred beef etc, hence i havnt actually opened one of those cans, dont intend to either. My mum always snaps off the key so she resorts to a sharp knife with prescision aiming

That was like my mom the other day.. she gave up though :p

Anubis_AF
27-09-06, 21:57
I love those :D Find them fun actually.

SpongeBob Lover
27-09-06, 21:59
i like to lift them up from the sharp part but then my mom goes blabbing off that i going to slice my finger one day :D make sure that cut doesnt get infected :)

Greenkey2
27-09-06, 22:37
I have had more cuts and sliced fingers from those can openers than I can remember. The cans don't help either. Sardines and bacon grill (luncheon meat) are the worst :hea:

I'm with you Ampersand; what's wrong with round cans?!

jarhead
27-09-06, 22:39
yer, who ever invented ring pull cans must be a gazillionaire, best invention to date IMO

clairelovestlc
28-09-06, 10:24
and thats one of the reasons i dont eat ANYTHING that comes in a can!

Lara Croft!
28-09-06, 12:24
I prefer to have someone else to open cans,but it's not like I hate them!

Shark_Blade
28-09-06, 12:51
I can open them just fine. What I hate is the metal scissor/cutter. I used it once on a can and I can see so much blood leaking out of my thumb skin

Geck-o-Lizard
28-09-06, 13:28
Simple solution:

http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/pics_weapons/weapons_axe_gen2.jpg

;)

Shark_Blade
28-09-06, 13:39
lol it looks like Batman's batarang

Grenade
29-09-06, 21:47
I remmber a few years ago I got a deep cut in my thumb too, it hurt a lot. I wish I didn't hurt so much.