PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider = Scary?

Ikas90
28-09-06, 13:13
Who found Tomb Raider scary?
Please tell me I'm not the only one.

When I was a little kid, I would be like... "I have no fear" then I run around a corner, and hear this music playing, to which I would then have andrenaline pumping through my body, then a wolf would come out of nowhere and attack me, which would then immediately lead me to jump out of my chair, my heart beating fast, and turn off the PlayStation. I was such a little baby. I tried playing in the daytime having every single light on with my mother there and I was still scared.

Share with us.

Greenkey2
28-09-06, 13:19
There have definitly been moments when tomb raider made me jump out of my skin (read: Dogs Jumping From Round Corners).

I've never turned the game off because of it was too frightening (I did with Doom III ;)).

xRikux89
28-09-06, 13:21
Yeah, when I was little, first time playing TR2 I was always scared to go around corners xD But I've got over it. Pretty much the only thing I can recall that really makes me jump anymore is that awfully loud sound the spikes in TR4 make :S

There have definitly been moments when tomb raider made me jump out of my skin (read: Dogs Jumping From Round Corners).

I've never turned the game off because of it was too frightening (I did with Doom III ;)).

I turned the game off when playing Parasite Eve xD

Shark_Blade
28-09-06, 13:23
There are many moments:
The moment where the atlantean crack out of it's hiding place( rock/shell egg)
WHere you found yourself 40 fathoms below sea level and sharks are swimming closer and closer to you..etc
That's why tr is great

^lol riku. I turned off my ps2 when I first played Silent Hill 3. And it was only the fmv that scared me ****. :vlol: In the fmv, all things are splattered with blood, floors,ceilings:eek: Then the game started and I saw two mascot bunnies dead, so I turn it off:vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
28-09-06, 13:23
When I first played TR games, I must admit that I have experienced several scary situations. But you get used to that in time. :p

angelika
28-09-06, 13:43
The only thing that raised my pulses was the mummies :D
I was too nervous around them. But then I discovered the unlimmited explosive arrows:jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Angelx14
28-09-06, 14:06
Yeah. It was a little scary. In TR II. When you needed to kill that dragon..O.O

Oh, and same what Angelika said..

peffect
28-09-06, 14:14
lol yes there was many scary tomb raider moments but i think the scariest video game I've ever played was the silent hill games especially the 3rd!! brrrrrr,but couldn't finish it cos i've lmost the cd,but i don't think i'm going to buy another copy just by thinking bout the moments i'm gonna pass again:D

Mona Sax
28-09-06, 14:26
Scary? No, not really. There were tense moments (mainly due to the soundtrack) and nasty surprises when something jumped out from behind a corner, but I'd rather call that exciting, not scary. Doom 3 was scary (especially when the lights went out in a room full of zombies), and so was the first Resident Evil (due to my darned arachnophobia). Well, okay, I didn't enjoy the giant spiders in TR2, but that's it. :p

Mr.Burns
28-09-06, 14:28

I wouldn't say I was frightened but the general atmosphere did at times make me quite uneasy. As for Doom 3, I just finished playing that a few weeks ago and I have to say: Holy :cen:! That definitely freaked me out.

Lara Croft!
28-09-06, 14:33
I'm a wuss when it comes to videogames,so yeah,TRgames,except for AOD and Legend scared the hell out of me!!!!

Shark_Blade
28-09-06, 14:37
^lol?tr5 scared you too? oh, the old church might:D

tampi
28-09-06, 14:39
me . the spiders :o

Lara Croft!
28-09-06, 14:42

TR5?A haunted island and a little girl with no guns isn't scary?Creaking sounds,spooky surroundings and the short fat creatures that jumped off graves?Yeah...all normal!No need to be afraid *goes off to a corner and when she makes sure she is out of sight,she faints*

Elysia
28-09-06, 14:46
The mutants in TR1 are really the only things that have terrified me in TR (although many other things have made me jump!)

TR simply wouldn't be TR without the tense, jumpy atmosphere. It's one of the reasons I found Legend so disappointing... the atmosphere just wasn't there - it kind of felt like a trip to Disney World via Laser Quest in places...

Legend of Lara
28-09-06, 14:50
The Japan level from TRL is so scary I fainted and when I woke up I smashed my PS2 to bits. :p

TRL is probably the unscariest videogame ever. Even Pac-Man is scarier!

I got some creeps from TR1 and TR3, otherwise I'm brave as a lion. *sees a tiny spider* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! SAVE ME FROM THE BEAST! :p

Natla'd
28-09-06, 14:52
When I first started playing Tomb Raider in 1998 (I was 10 at the time), I found it absolutely terrifying. And I never got past the first level in each game! (I used to cheat to see the cutscenes)

When I started playing them properly (at the start of this decade), I wouldn't get too frightened. However, I remember the giant spider bit in Tomb Raider II. I got so freaked out that I ran downstairs screaming and made my mother watch me until I'd completed that bit. ;)

TRL is probably the unscariest videogame ever. Even Pac-Man is scarier!

*shudders*

Many's a terrifying dream I've had about Pacman. They mainly involve being chased down a endless corridoor by one of those coloured ghosts, being forced to cram a never-ending supply of white-dots into my mouth. :D

Kamrusepas
28-09-06, 15:25
Yes, I've been afraid of TR. The atmosphere in the first games was just spectacular.

Mad Tony
28-09-06, 16:21
Not really.
The odd moment here and there though :p

da tomb raider!
28-09-06, 16:29
I never used to be scared of Tomb Raider. Until I fell into a pit in Tomb Raider 1, and got attacked by a bear. After months of recovering from that one, the T-Rex showed up, Of course, these days, although I'm still scared of Tomb Raider, it's just the way I like it. ;)

PhoenixVibe
28-09-06, 16:31
Shoot when I was little Tomb Raider scared me all the darn time! I loved playing TR but the dark levels and going around the corners freaked the heck out of me. Especially in TR4 with the skeletons and the mummies and that one level where it has a beheaded dead guy. Now a days I can play TR without being scared but TR4 still freaks me out sometimes...

edit

oh yeah and those TR5 levels with young lara scares the heck out of me!

Thorir
28-09-06, 16:32
The Atlantis levels were a bit scary, monsters jumping out everywhere. And that sound they make... :p

And the dark room in Xian with the huge spiders. A bit scary...

ace_85
28-09-06, 16:35
Years of playing Resident Evil and Silent Hill games has numbed my mind to the scares of TR, so I don't really find the games that frightening :D However, there are two exceptions; the groaning noises of the mummies and Atlanteans in TR1 always gives me the chills, and I jumped a mile when I was playing the first level of Bolivia in TR:L. I'd played the demo to death, and when a Jaguar suddenly turned up in a corridor where I wasn't expecting it, I nearly had a heart attack :D

jarhead
28-09-06, 16:39
That jaguar made me jump, but i dont really jump as it were, i brace myself when the music comes on

Lara Croft!
28-09-06, 16:45
Years of playing Resident Evil and Silent Hill

Ι can only watch others playing these games......:o

jarhead
28-09-06, 16:51
lol Laura

I was the same, watchign my brothers play them, till i got old enough to attempt it, luckilly the first RE game I played was RE 4 o there wasn't any unnerving angles

taika
28-09-06, 19:35
I found it scary when I was little! remember me and my mate playing it, I told him about the t-rex, we went to the level, there was a couple of dinos and he goes 'is that it???' then the huggeee t-rex came and we were like AHHHH hahaha

Lavinder
28-09-06, 19:39
I have to admit that I was scared playing Tombraider 1 LEVEL 8: CISTERNa month ago .... I don't know why but that hissing soundtrack brings chills down my spine.

Even though I am a Tombraider fan I have not played anymore of the games in ages so I can't recall anything else :)

xRikux89
28-09-06, 19:40

Haha, the Ireland levels and the beginning of Labyrinth especially, totally gave me the creeps, but in the cutscene where Lara gets the Bone Dust I laughed so hard at the cheesy tune xDDD

RAID
28-09-06, 19:43
Answer to first post:
Nope.

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-09-06, 19:44
I never found the games too scary to the point I couldn't play them, but there were a few moments where I was pretty scared! The T-Rex being one of them.. But my cousin was scared of them, she got scared when Winston would come creeping up behind her in TR3! :D

Lavinder
28-09-06, 20:19
I never found the games too scary to the point I couldn't play them, but there were a few moments where I was pretty scared! The T-Rex being one of them.. But my cousin was scared of them, she got scared when Winston would come creeping up behind her in TR3! :D

I screamed when Winston managed to get out of the fridge before I could lock him in before. My mom thought I had cut my finger off or something :o

FourBalls
28-09-06, 20:22
There have been some frightning moments. I've never found the Ireland levels in TR:5 scary though XD

Neteru
28-09-06, 23:55
I've said it before on this forum. When I first played Tomb Raider, it was TR3 and I remember when I got to The Lost City of Tinnos. It was about 3am and I had the lights off. Well the background sound freaked me out after a while and I had to turn it off. :D

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 00:00
tomb raider is meant to be scary.. well she is pratically raiding tombs! so yeah it's scary sometimes.. especially tr1 had some scary moments nad Venice from tr2.. I hated that background music/sounds.. those alone in venice made me jump.. and in tomb raider the last revelation.. argh.. the first few levels at the tomb of seth.. argh.. Im gonna have night mares od those sounds again and those dogs jumping at you from nowhere.. and those mummies.. geesh..

that part was lacking from tr legend.. the least bit scary part in legend was when the first jag jumped at me and englands lake part..

raiderfun
29-09-06, 00:03
Who found Tomb Raider scary?
Please tell me I'm not the only one.

When I was a little kid, I would be like... "I have no fear" then I run around a corner, and hear this music playing, to which I would then have andrenaline pumping through my body, then a wolf would come out of nowhere and attack me, which would then immediately lead me to jump out of my chair, my heart beating fast, and turn off the PlayStation. I was such a little baby. I tried playing in the daytime having every single light on with my mother there and I was still scared.

Share with us.
Oh the fourth is a little scary especially in some places , like where semekhet is :D

Autolycus
29-09-06, 07:27
TR1 was scary and left me a nervous weck, i think one of the main reasons for this is that 95% of the time you're killing all different types of creatures including mythical ones too, plus the impending doom that pours over your very soul when some horrifying music kicks in.

Taking all this into consideration and the fact that you feel completely alone in the game is bound to make even the toughest of people curl up in a ball and start whimpering :D

jjbennett
29-09-06, 09:32
I never really was "scared" at tomb raider, they made me jump oh yes. Although in saying that the mummies in TR4 did kinda worry me, the noises are horrible!

J.

Janny
29-09-06, 11:20
I'm a wuss when it comes to videogames,so yeah,TRgames,except for AOD and Legend scared the hell out of me!!!!

Same with me, what can I do, I hate the spiders from TR2 :hea:
And On Deck, Temple Ruins from TR3 are really spooky-looking :eek:

Satu
29-09-06, 13:14
There were some tense and jumpy moments but not really sacred.

As for Doom 3, I just finished playing that a few weeks ago and I have to say: Holy :cen:! That definitely freaked me out.

Doom 3 was the scariest game for me, could not play that game in the dark, those dark areas freaked me out :yik:

Lara Croft!
29-09-06, 15:43
Same with me, what can I do, I hate the spiders from TR2 :hea:
And On Deck, Temple Ruins from TR3 are really spooky-looking :eek:

So I'm not the only wuss around?Feww...what a relief!!!!