PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 11:56
So uhm.. How many of you have played this game? I cant decide if this or FFVIII is the best game i've ever played.. Even though it's a old game and I just played it for the first time.. it just keeps on amazing me. The story is awesome and the gameplay is suprisingly awesome :eek:

Please do give your comments and arguments about this game.. I know that some of the older 'true' final fantasy fans thought this was a total crap and too scifi.. but each final fantasy is differend and I love this one perhaps the best..

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 12:25
FFVIII is better! It's better than anything! You heretic! :mad:

Ahem yes, I have played this game. It does have a great story and is generally awesome :tmb:

xRikux89
29-09-06, 12:49
FFVII <3 Lol, I didn't like VIII that much, it was kinda weird, but it's better than X-2 anytime! *Kicks all the latest wardrobe games*

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 12:51
Anything is better than X-2 :vlol:

Noh, kasi on paras, eip&#228;s v&#228;itet&#228; vastaan :ton:

RAID
29-09-06, 13:20
FF7 is crap compared to FF8 & 9. But especially 8.

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 13:34
Thanks RAID :D :hug:

I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy of IX :(

xRikux89
29-09-06, 13:38
I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy of IX :(

*Waves it around* Heehee :p Sorry, but I'm not mailing it to you :(

But why do you find FF8 the best? :S My faves are... Maybe VII, X, and... The oldest ones xP

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 13:45
Because it's the best. And not just because of Seifer.... :whi:

Seriously. I simply love the story, the world, the characters, everything. And Seifer.

Thorir
29-09-06, 13:46
FF 7 was my first Final Fantasy game. :)
Loved it. It was truly unique back in it&#180;s days. Unsurpassed graphics, story and gameplay. It&#180;s still my favourite FF. Finished it... Hmm... Maybe 15 times? I dunno!

It&#180;s better than FF8, mostly because of the ultraboring drawing spells from enemies in FF8. I wouldn&#180;t give up until I had 100 of each spell for each character! And that took aaaaaaages. Bless the materia system.

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 13:48
FF 7 was my first Final Fantasy game. :)

Usually people's first FF is their favorite. Same with me, FFVIII was my first FF.

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 14:15
Usually people's first FF is their favorite. Same with me, FFVIII was my first FF.
so was mine.. well actually I played the demo first and I loved it.. that theme still gives me the chilss.. ( ja se kuulostaa ku ne laulais ''KIITOS!'' xD )
as I said I cant decide between the two games so I aint no heretic! :ton:
both games have their weka and strong points.. :)

Though I have yet to finish both of the games.. the first final fantasy I completed was X and it's another favourite.. gosh why cant I just choose one of them -.-

x2 sucked big time cause of the ''happy go lucky, lets raid places in our bikinis'' scheme.. and the music was too funky, techno.. :/ Final Fantasy X, VII And VIII have one of the best themes and scores in games that I've ever played... srry guys havent played ffix.. and the game doesnt look that good to me :/

Thorir
29-09-06, 14:35
Be assured, FF 9 is a fantastic game. :)
Much, much better than FF 10.

Btw, Kamrusepas. I got Kingdom Hearts 2 today, and Seifer is very cute in it! :p

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 14:37
Btw, Kamrusepas. I got Kingdom Hearts 2 today, and Seifer is very cute in it! :p
:hea: ME *BLAM* WANTS *BLAM* THAT*BLAM* GAME *BLAM* NOW :mad:

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 14:39

I know, although they wangstafied him.

Thorir
29-09-06, 14:44
Not sure I understand that word...

Mika: Why don&#180;t you just buy it? :p

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 14:45
Mika: Why donīt you just buy it? :p
I aint getting no money until the 4th or 5th day :( *snif*

Elysia
29-09-06, 14:52
VII is an amazing game. The overabundance of anxious and sulky teens in VIII just irritated me after a while (best parts of 8 are with Laguna, simply because he quite upbeat, sweet and not angsty!), and I think the story line in VII is far superior to the slight mad one in VIII (a flying academy? Riiiiight...) . IX is just a VII rip off story wise, but it's a solid game.

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 14:53
Not sure I understand that word...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/Kamrusepas/WANGSTAFIED.jpg

Thorir
29-09-06, 15:07
Had you said gangster, I would have understood. :p

Thatīs a pity, Mika. :ton: :ton: :ton:

I wouldnīt call FF9 a rip off. Itīs more traditional fantasy-esque. 15th centuary, castles, princess...

The song Eyes on me from FF8 is gorgeous, though. I love it!

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 15:09
I didn't come up with the word, but I love it :D

Eyes On Me is an amazing piece of music, as is most of the soundtrack of FFVIII. Just thinking about pieces like 'Movin'' gives me chills.

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 15:16
VII is an amazing game. The overabundance of anxious and sulky teens in VIII just irritated me after a while (best parts of 8 are with Laguna, simply because he quite upbeat, sweet and not angsty!), and I think the story line in VII is far superior to the slight mad one in VIII (a flying academy? Riiiiight...) . IX is just a VII rip off story wise, but it's a solid game.
nice points there :D

since we are talking about music now what is the best piece you've heard in the classic psx games? for me from ffvii it's one winged angel and the one you hear when you finally get the airship and travel the world.. dont really know about ffviii cause it's been ages since I last played it.. and I havent played ix..

hmm.. could a mod change the title to ffvii,ffviii & ix cause we seem to be talking about the psx classics here ( not the classic classics )

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 15:25
Oh right, sorry for hijacking your thread, Micki :D

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 15:34
no prblemo.. :D
just wanted to talk about ffvii in overal :p

but the more topic the better and no need to creat another two threads for the other games :)

Night Crawler
29-09-06, 15:45
This was my first Playstation game, and the only RPG I bothered to play more than halfway through. But I sold it soon after, I'm really not into RPGs. I have fond memories of it though and would probably buy it again if the remake rumours ever come to anything.

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 15:48
id do a lot of stuff for a ps3 remake of that game :D The game is both hilarious and serious at the same time.. wich is a nice achievement :)

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 15:55
Well, since it's expanded to other FFs, and since I know you all care too much for your own good, I might mention that tonight, for the first time in I don't know how many months, I'm gonna wear my beloved Griever-necklace :)

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 17:10
I demand a picture Kam :D

raiderfun
29-09-06, 17:24
hi
Yeah ff7 was my fave game in all , but now it's the better in all the FF serie definitely ! :tmb:

Kamrusepas
29-09-06, 17:29
I demand a picture Kam :D

Sorry, I don't have a camera, and neither do any of my friends that are here :(

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 17:56
meh.. it doesnt matter kam :p

Scottlee
29-09-06, 18:06
FF7 is my favourite one, with FF8 clocking in a close second. I'm definitelyt going to play them both again in future.

RAID
29-09-06, 18:53
same here

Rivendell
29-09-06, 21:09

That's how I felt!

I love 7, it'll always be a great game with cool characters and a brilliant storyline, good gameplay etc.

8 I didn't enjoy as much as it was more futuristic and the plot confused me, plus the junction system put me off, but after a few years I managed to complete it.

9 I love on par with 7, it's just such a great FF game!

10 was on par with 8 in my mind, but I found 8 better. Highly disappointed with the lack of a drivable aircraft...

X-2... let's not go there... :whi:

Reggie
29-09-06, 21:14
I'm replaying FF7 at the moment and its put me on a real FF nostalgia trip, I'll definitely be playing VIII and IX after this. Final Fantasy VII to me is good in every aspect, I find it pretty hard to criticize the game. (maybe some particular music tracks get a bit repetitive? that's me nit picking mind you)

As for X-2 Rivendell, let's not >.<

MiCkiZ88
29-09-06, 21:32
lmfao :vlol:

RAID
30-09-06, 15:31

Well said my friend :D.

I don't know why people mock it so much. It's the only FF that gives the classic RPG feeling (especially with the Black Mages), the magic scenes are flawless and the gameplay and battle system get a 10+.

RAID
30-09-06, 15:32

That game is just a waste of money.

Rivendell
30-09-06, 15:35
Luckily I got it second hand for &#163;3! :vlol: :D

RAID
30-09-06, 15:39
Luckily I got it second hand for &#163;3! :vlol: :D
Lucky indeed. I got it for &#163;47.24 and I hate myself everyday :p

But today I buy my games online so I get them for way cheaper.

amiro1989
30-09-06, 16:27
FF7 and FF8 are my favorites,but I prefer FFVII. :)

*laralover*
30-09-06, 17:31
I dont really have any favourite final fantasy's becuse i like them all even ffx-2 although after playing the game for the fourth time really :cen: me of lol I love FFX as its the first one i really got and i know more about it compared to the rest of the games.I love final fantasy 9 because it really is Final Fantasy and i love garnet and cute little vivi (in KH2 hes so cute and kicks ass:D ) I love final fantasy 8 aswell at first i didnt understand the juntion system but now im older i do im playing it again to complete it properly.Final fantasy 7 is great aswell and has some of my fav ff characters like reno,aeris and vincent and the story is good but i wouldnt say FF7is the best but its really good.Final Fantasy 6 is good and makes me laugh alot :D and the story is pretty good and i actually love the graphics lol.1-5 iv not yet played so i cant say anything about them and x-2 well shouldnt really of been made unless it had a better battle system and yuna wasnt dressed like a tart :o I think that FF7 has had alot of attention and they should maybe make some other games or movies ect to do with the other games like 9 and 8 im still happy though :D

daventry
03-10-06, 14:18
I know nothing about the Games, but i did hear about them and i saw this Movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385700/ and they said its after the FF7 Game. To me it was weird and dumb, but i never really played the Games.

How many Games are there now and i read theres more Movies and TV Shows made.

In what order does the Games and Movies TV Shows cross over.

Rivendell
03-10-06, 14:35
The plot of FF7 was so much better than Advent Children, if only they'd actually made a film of FF7 instead of an aftermath...

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 14:50
^ Ditto

Though I did enjoy Advent Children alot! unlike some people think that it was all talk and not enough action.. I found that it had too much action and not enough talk to combine the both stories, the main ffvii story and advent children story. Sure the action sequences were great and I loved to watch em, but they just were too often. Like The Bahamut battle felt out of place.. sure we knew that He summoned Bahamut but it fast just too fast and after that was the highway battle.. and after that.. another battle..

how come some people think that the movie had too much talk and too litle action :confused:

Rivendell
03-10-06, 15:21
Did anyone else not like Bahamut in Advent Children? :confused:

He must have been based on FFX Bahamut, who I thought looked light an obese dinosaur :(

Bring back FF7/8/9 Bahamut who looked like a well proportioned black dragon! :yah:

RAID
03-10-06, 15:22
Advent Children was too much. It felt like watching an episode of Dragon Ball Z. A really long one.

RAID
03-10-06, 15:22

He must have been based on FFX Bahamut, who I thought looked light an obese dinosaur :(

Bring back FF7/8/9 Bahamut who looked like a well proportioned black dragon! :yah:

Looked awful, and so did FFX's. I didn't like FF9's either as he's too thin.

FF8's looks best, and so does Neo-Bahamut from 7.

April Reanna
03-10-06, 20:00
Advent Children is better than Spirits Withinin I think

RAID
03-10-06, 20:01
Spirits Within wasn't even Final Fantasy. More like Star Wars or something.

daventry
03-10-06, 20:03
Isent there a sequel

RAID
03-10-06, 20:05
What do you mean? :confused:

If you're talking about Advent Children it's the sequel to 7, and if you're talking about X-2...then I'm pretty sure you can guess to which one that is a sequel.

Rivendell
03-10-06, 20:12
There are now a few FF7 spin-offs :tmb:

Advent Children
Last Order
Dirge of Cerberus
Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode
Crisis Core
Before Crisis

And perhaps in a few years - FF7 Remake! The maker has said he'd like to make one, but when he's less busy..

RAID
03-10-06, 20:14

Advent Children
Last Order
Dirge of Cerberus
Crisis Core
Before Crisis

And perhaps in a few years - FF7 Remake! The maker has said he'd like to make one, but when he's less busy..

So many 7s, They'll only sell because FF7 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Rivendell
03-10-06, 20:15
They sell because people like it, overrated or not :D

RAID
03-10-06, 20:17
They sell because people like it, overrated or not :D
Yeah. If it were FF9 Lost episode, I doubt I'd sell that much. But since it has the number 7 in it, it will sell... I still can't figure out what's so special about 7. I'd give a 4-5/10

Probably because it was the first FF title to appear on PSX

Ward Dragon
03-10-06, 20:18

Advent Children
Last Order
Dirge of Cerberus
Crisis Core
Before Crisis

Wow. I played FF7 years ago and I just saw Advent Children the other day (it seemed like a bunch of random fight scenes tacked together by a weak story, so I agree that there should have been more in the way of plot development). I also heard about Dirge of Cerberus, but what are the others? I assume Lost Episode is an expansion pack to Dirge of Cerberus. I haven't heard of the others, though.

daventry
03-10-06, 20:19
I know nothing of these Games and im asking if theres a Sequal to the Final Fantasy Spirits Within Movie

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:20

dont get me wrong.. I liked bahamut Zero in advent children ALOT! well im not sure if it was either Zero or Neo cause of the wings. more likely a combination of all the bahamuts.. :)

and againg.. ffvii sells because it's good. not because it's popular..

edit: before crisis takes place before the happenenigs of FFVII mainstory. i dont know much about it but it's about 4 :cunfused: years before FFVII and I've seen some screenies of the turks, Reno and Rude..

RAID
03-10-06, 20:21
I heard that Dirge Of Cerberus is shameful. total Rubbish. But since it's 7, it'll sell. Some people are brainwashed, no offence to any 7 fan here, but some ppl (not everyone) will buy a game just cause of the title.

I'm guessing Lost episode is kinda like X-2 Last mission.

RAID
03-10-06, 20:21
I know nothing of these Games and im asking if theres a Sequal to the Final Fantasy Spirits Within Movie
Nope

Rivendell
03-10-06, 20:23
Last Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Order:_Final_Fantasy_VII) is an anime cartoon released with the Jap version of Advent Children, a vid of Cloud and Zach in Soldier, Nibelheim incident and Tifa's attempted revenge on Sephy which led to Zach's death and well, Ff7.

Crisis Core (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII) and Before Crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Crisis:_Final_Fantasy_VII) are both (I think Both) Mobile Phone games. One takes place over a war in Wutai :tmb:

Ward Dragon
03-10-06, 20:23
I heard that Dirge Of Cerberus is shameful. total Rubbish. But since it's 7, it'll sell. Some people are brainwashed, no offence to any 7 fan here, but some ppl (not everyone) will buy a game just cause of the title.

I'm guessing Lost episode is kinda like X-2 Last mission.

Was Dirge of Cerberus bad? I was looking forward to getting it when I get a PS2 because Vincent's the main character. Last time I looked at the official site I couldn't really tell what the game was like, mechanics-wise, but it's been out for awhile now and I've forgotten to check up on it.

Last Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Order:_Final_Fantasy_VII) is an anime cartoon released with the Jap version of Advent Children, a vid of Cloud and Zach in Soldier, Nibelheim incident and Tifa's attempted revenge on Sephy which led to Zach's death and well, Ff7.

Crisis Core (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII) and Before Crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Crisis:_Final_Fantasy_VII) are both (I think Both) Mobile Phone games. One takes place over a war in Wutai :tmb:

Ah, thank you :)

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:25

thanks for those :tmb: FFVII has the best story and it simply cant stop amazing me :D

Rivendell
03-10-06, 20:25

Part of me would like to say yes, but another part is happy to say no - because I think the ending of that film was perfection. Artistic Beauty, the scenery, feeling, atmosphere and music were spot on and makes me think of a '..ever after, no need to continue' sort of end, if you get me. :)

RAID
03-10-06, 20:27
Was Dirge of Cerberus bad? I was looking forward to getting it when I get a PS2 because Vincent's the main character. Last time I looked at the official site I couldn't really tell what the game was like, mechanics-wise, but it's been out for awhile now and I've forgotten to check up on it.

Well...don't take my word for it, cause I've never even played the game, and it being related to 7, I don't intend to.

But from what I heard, it's a waste of money, and this was also said on an FF forum, a forum where if you mock FF, they'll kill you :S

My advice is to rent it and see what you think of it.

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:31
it's not a waste of money if you want to know more about the story :tmb: it takes place 1 year after AC and 3 years after the original game :) and the story is pretty good.. not the best but good. the fmv's are just amazing :eek: also im not sure but I saw an open ending of that game *MAJOR SPOILER* ;)

RAID
03-10-06, 20:35
it's not a waste of money if you want to know more about the story :tmb: it takes place 1 year after AC and 3 years after the original game :) and the story is pretty good.. not the best but good. the fmv's are just amazing :eek: also im not sure but I saw an open ending of that game *MAJOR SPOILER* ;)
Didn't the story conclude in AC? it's obvious that they made another after it just to make money.

Or else they should just change the title to Never Ending Story.

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:40
:rolleyes: nope the story didnt.. atleast that's how I see it.

the english version of the ending sucked.. in japanese He says: ''I wont become just an mere memory''. In the English version he says: ''I wont become an memory.. ''

edit: that was for advent children.. sorry for the spoiler for those who havent seen it.

RAID
03-10-06, 20:42
:rolleyes: nope the story didnt.. atleast that's how I see it.

the english version of the ending sucked.. in japanese He says: ''I wont become just an mere memory''. In the English version he says: ''I wont become an memory.. ''

edit: that was for advent children.. sorry for the spoiler for those who havent seen it.
What's the difference? :confused:

And don't tell me Sephiroth comes back, cause that would mean, it's awfully repeatative and boring without new ideas. Just newer graphics. Tipical of SquareEnix.

Rivendell
03-10-06, 20:43
He will live on :D Huzzah for Sephy!

ALWAYS (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/208618) good for a laugh :D

Ward Dragon
03-10-06, 20:43
How is the gameplay? I read on their official site that it's a third person shooter. Does it play like a TR game? Is it more complicated? How much aiming is involved?

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:44
What's the difference? :confused:
Just newer graphics. Tipical of SquareEnix.
square enix has even admitted about the graphics.. so no news there :D

and the difference is that the japanese ending is more open ended ;)

maybe not sephirot.. but someone else.. have you played ffvii? cause the you should understand the story... :confused:

edit.. the gameplay aint that good.. but it's for ffvii fans.. :wve:

RAID
03-10-06, 20:47
have you played ffvii? cause the you should understand the story... :confused:

Of course I have. How else can I comment on it?

Ward Dragon
03-10-06, 20:50
edit.. the gameplay aint that good.. but it's for ffvii fans.. :wve:

That's disappointing. In this case, I have two questions: how long is the game, and does the poor game play result in needless frustration?

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:51
lmfao :vlol: cheers for that one rivendel :D

@raid.. yeah.. uh sorry for that :D did you understand the story then?

well the lenght depends.. and the gameplay aint that poor.. just those endles enemies keep your furstrated...

RAID
03-10-06, 20:52
That's disappointing. In this case, I have two questions: how long is the game, and does the poor game play result in needless frustration?
SE's games are usually short, and the whole lv up thing + sidequests + get all equipment + get all abilities, etc... yep they're frustrating.

Off me goes cause tomorrow I gotta get up early

'Night :)

Kamrusepas
03-10-06, 20:52
Spirits Within wasn't even Final Fantasy. More like Star Wars or something.

Yeah. I never understood why they just stole the title.

RAID
03-10-06, 20:53
lmfao :vlol: cheers for that one rivendel :D

@raid.. yeah.. uh sorry for that :D did you understand the story then?

well the lenght depends.. and the gameplay aint that poor.. just those endles enemies keep your furstrated...
Yeah. I just didn't think it was anything special that's all.

8 however flawless story, while 9 had flawless gameplay.

Cya everyone. Wish me luck cause I have an exam tomorrow at 8 am :(

Lost Angel 21
03-10-06, 20:54
Dirge of Cerberus is just a regular third person shooter. IMO, it was good, but then again, the only other FF I've played was X2 (I had been looking to find a FF game, hoping they'd have DoC because I got the release date wrong, so I wanted to try X2 for the heck of it), so it definetly isn't the same as the rest of the series.

It was cool to find out more about Vincent, and his past though. I haven't played FFVII, and I can't get my hands on a copy, since it's extremely expensive online, and everywhere I look, it's out of stock. But I know the storyline behind it, and that helped with seeing the movie.

MiCkiZ88
03-10-06, 20:55
night Raid :wve: and good luck :tmb:

hmm the story of spirits within was nice.. and well the it was beautifull.. those were enough for me to engourage watching it :D

am i the only one here who actually liked that movie?

Lost Angel 21
03-10-06, 21:05
I liked it. Wonderful story and graphics. I think I'm the only one out of my friends who's actually seen both FF movies, not just Advent Children. That's pretty sad when I think about it...

Ward Dragon
03-10-06, 21:20
I like Spirits Within. I actually only saw it once, though. It was so powerful that I didn't want to watch it again for awhile afterwards, and then I forgot about it until just now. It was a good movie, though :D

About Dirge of Cerberus, I'll have to look into it a little more. I don't mind if it's a bit easy as long as it's a decent length and has a well-told good story (I wasn't expecting tons of puzzles or anything like that).

Rivendell
03-10-06, 21:32
am i the only one here who actually liked that movie?

Nah! I loved it!
It wasn't very FF, but it's a beautiful story, trying to save the spirit of the planet, Gaia, the earth as one living entity complete with soul... And the last scene is so serene it's (as I said earlier) perfection!

:)

MiCkiZ88
04-10-06, 05:56
spirits within story is really good.. kind of touching.. eh? and most of all it's so beautifull. Though the story has a bit of same type of main theme like FFVII: the planet is dying.

saddly I cant remember much of the story nor the ending.. would love to watch it again but I cant find it anywhere..

ivannnnn
04-10-06, 06:08
I love FFX -X2 :yah:

Shark_Blade
04-10-06, 07:12
^I found it quite boring.Yuna became very cheesy with her friends,I like her dress in kimono like in FFX,but then there's Tidus the boy wonder in yellow kiddish outfit:mad:
Yuna in the Woogle mascot costume is cute though:)

FF8 and 9 is the best in my opinion.

Has anyone played FF Chrono Trigger. The story is good too and lots of memorable characters:D

MiCkiZ88
04-10-06, 08:07
gah.. might aswell turn this thread to general final fantasy :p

X-2 sucked bigtime cause of the happy go lucky theme.. I hated it and the music sucked.. where's the dramatic music in that.. the only good few songs were the opening theme and some other few..

Rivendell
04-10-06, 08:18
I just didn't think it felt/played like an FF.

I liked the faster battle system, that was fun.. but I hated the clothes changing aspect :rolleyes: Seems to be a running theme in 'not so excellent games in the franchise', that.. ;)

MiCkiZ88
04-10-06, 08:21
lmao,I gues your right Chriss :D the game did have lots of humour though and that I enjoyed cause the theme certainly wasnt what it was supposed to be :/ ACHTUNG BABY!

Shark_Blade
04-10-06, 08:25
^yeah, and the outfit changing theme like singing attack etc gives me goosebumps with all the cheesy-ness. They should do a duet singing with legend lara lol. And did I see Rikku wearing a string underwear?:eek: poor child.:yik:

Although Yuna is very elegant in FFX.:whi: XD now how many times do I have to mention that?:vlol:

Rivendell
04-10-06, 08:27
So what was everyone's fave in FF7 :

Weapon:

Summon:

Spell:

Character:

Place:

Part:

:D

I'll answer in a bit, I want breakfast!

Elysia
04-10-06, 09:38
Weapon: Dunno. Some of the more outlandish ones, like the giant claw Barret gets. I like Tifa's clawed gloves, too.

Summon: the Bahamut ones

Spell: Might Guard. V. useful ;) Or Toad. I like turning my enemies into frogs... :D

Character: Vincent Valentine

Place: Cosmo Canyon, in Buegenhagen's hollographic lab thingie (Can't remember what he called it - I have lost my basic ability to use even the easiest of vocabulary due to the 'flu virus I picked up on Monday...). Love the music in that place, too.

Part: Cloud and the 'boys' have a bath... (it's purile, it's childish, and it never, ever fails to make me snigger like Beavis). That and the completely bonkers moogle game you can play in the Gold Saucer.

Scottlee
04-10-06, 09:45
There seems to be tons of Final Fantasy players on these boards.

Maybe we should have some kind of FF challenge on one of the old games. I'm not sure how because obviously it's not level-based like TR. Suggestions would be welcome though.

Rivendell
04-10-06, 09:47
Like use cruddy weapons for the whole game? I did that with FF8- I kept an eye out for weapons stores and that's probably why the game took me So long to complete, I was trying to fight some of the later bosses with just one weapon upgrade, I just didn't get it! X(

Scottlee
04-10-06, 09:53
Cruddy weapons? Oh god no, I find the games hard enough as they are. I was thinking more along the lines of comparison rather than challenge, maybe finding 10 places throughout the game we post our character and summons stats. I say a number that low because there would be a lot of stats to post. It would be interesting to see, after a set time in the game, who had paired what materia with what, or who had set what abilities to which GIF, or which Tetra cards everyone had picked up. That sort of thing.

MiCkiZ88
04-10-06, 13:13
There seems to be tons of Final Fantasy players on these boards.

Maybe we should have some kind of FF challenge on one of the old games. I'm not sure how because obviously it's not level-based like TR. Suggestions would be welcome though.
me likes that idea :D maybe complete the game as fast as we can and post a screenie then? like just before the last batle go to menu and press print screen and see who has the best time and atributes perhaps.. I dunno.. it's a bit hard to make an competition out of final fantasy..

anyways to rivendel

Weapon: I havent got the best weapons yet cause this is my first time through and im playing it pretty quiqly. but I like few of cloud's swords and tifas claws

Summon: Bahamut's and Hades. Just gotta love the poison mist Hades uses against all enemies ^^

Spell: Comet

Character: Cloud or Aerith (pst.. how the heck am I going to get Vincet on the game? )

Place: Cosmo Canyon because of the music and dusk sky, Nibelheim and forgotten capital

Part: The dress up cloud mini game cracks me up :vlol:

Scottlee
04-10-06, 13:24
Well I tell you what, let's all vote for a game and we'll take it from there. Personally, I wouldn't mind replaying 7,8, or 9. So that's my vote.

RAID
04-10-06, 13:34
count me in for 8 and 9

MiCkiZ88
04-10-06, 14:37
count me in for 7.. I dont have any other classic games atm.. my instal cd is ruined for ff8 :(

Scottlee
04-10-06, 15:39
Votes
FF7 = 2
FF8 = 2
FF9 = 2

LOL, it's anybody's game at the moment.

Kamrusepas
04-10-06, 15:45
What what whaaaat? Nobody told me there's a voting going on.

FFVIII is definitely the best :tmb:

Scottlee
04-10-06, 16:12
No, we were voting to decide which game we should do a challenge for, not which is the best lol

MiCkiZ88
04-10-06, 17:16
Votes
FF7 = 2
FF8 = 2
FF9 = 2

LOL, it's anybody's game at the moment.
:D seems like we have to play them all thorugh at this rate :D

Rivendell
05-10-06, 00:24
Woops, I forgot to answer my question earlier!

Weapon: Ultima Sword - big beefy, cool colours that change in accordance to your HP, and very powerful!

Summon: Bahamut , or Leviathan!

Spell: Flare.. no.. Ultima.. no.. Comet 2!

Character: Sephiroth! Nobody can beat Sephy! :D

Place: Used to love Cosmo Canyon, but I really love Gold Saucer!!

Part: Temple of the Ancients, or invading Shinra HQ :jmp:

MiCkiZ88
05-10-06, 04:30
Character: Sephiroth! Nobody can beat Sephy! :D

Part: Temple of the Ancients, or invading Shinra HQ :jmp:
*smacks forehead* i love those... :D

Shark_Blade
05-10-06, 09:31
Sephiroth? I like Squall :D
And Princess Garnet and Yuna FFX;)

Rivendell
05-10-06, 09:40
Squall really annoyed me, he was so moody and silent. Cool hair, cool weapon, barely memorable personality to me unfortunately, I just remember him burying his head in his hands a lot.

Garnet was great, and Yuna just reminded me of Lisa from Hollyoaks. I just wasn't overly keen on FFx :(

TR FAN 18
05-10-06, 09:56
I LOVE FF7!!

My fave things in the game:

Weapon: Ultima Weapon - Massive Damage 6000+

Summon: Bahamut ZERO & Neo Bahamut

Spells:
Black Magic - Ultima
White Magic - Cure3 & Regen

Enemy Skills: Shadow Flare & Pandora's Box

Character: Cloud

Place: Dunno

Part: Snowboarding Mini-game

Limit Skill: Omnislash - Attacks enemy 15 times (over 5000 each attack!)

Rivendell
05-10-06, 10:01
Limit Skill: Omnislash - Attacks enemy 15 times (over 5000 each attack!)

:D I love that final fight, I managed 9999 each slash :cool: Such an ace limit break!

TR FAN 18
05-10-06, 10:06
9999 EACH ATTACK?!! :yik: What level were you at? 99? I was at level 64.

Rivendell
05-10-06, 10:10
Something pretty high, mid 80's at least - I spent Soooo long leveling up! And even longer trying to pass time whilst breeding a damn Gold Chocobo !!!
My HP was huge too, scraping the 9000's by then.

Couldn't have done Sephy without Knights of the Round, I tried for a year without it!

TR FAN 18
05-10-06, 10:27
I hate the Chocobos. It takes too damn long to raise them. I've never got Knights of the Round, how powerful is it? I beat Sephy without it too.

Rivendell
05-10-06, 10:33
Knights of the Round Summon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_F5dolIg8Q)

Each attack was either melee/elemental magic - so you know you're gonna hit'em where it hurts ;)
Each attack usually took off between 6000 and 9999 hp :D

Ward Dragon
05-10-06, 23:26
Something pretty high, mid 80's at least - I spent Soooo long leveling up! And even longer trying to pass time whilst breeding a damn Gold Chocobo !!!
My HP was huge too, scraping the 9000's by then.

Couldn't have done Sephy without Knights of the Round, I tried for a year without it!

Me too:p I always wondered, was it supposed to be called Knights of the Round Table? There were so many translation errors that I wasn't sure. (I pretty much gave up on the game after I got my gold chocobo and that materia. I forgot about the emerald and ruby weapons and just jumped into the final confrontation because the suspense was killing me:p)

Rivendell
05-10-06, 23:29
Lol yeah I think it must have meant the round table!

I managed to kill Emerald Weapon, but to this day I've not defeated Ruby Weapon! It's the Ozma of FF7!

Thorir
05-10-06, 23:55

I managed to kill Emerald Weapon, but to this day I've not defeated Ruby Weapon! It's the Ozma of FF7!

Emerald weapon isnīt really difficult when you use mime. :)
But I have never beaten Ruby Weapon either. So annoying! :hea:

Sephiroth wasnīt difficult. Just right difficulty. :)

Kamrusepas
06-10-06, 02:26
No, we were voting to decide which game we should do a challenge for, not which is the best lol

Ohh. Then I'd say 8 or 7, because they're the only ones I can play atm. Preferrably 8 :)

Kamrusepas
06-10-06, 02:28
M I always wondered, was it supposed to be called Knights of the Round Table? There were so many translation errors that I wasn't sure.

Yeah I wondered about that when my ex who was a fan of the game, kept talking about it and I just kept thinking 'that name makes no sense at all' :D

MiCkiZ88
06-10-06, 07:31

where's the ruby? lol im still trying to get my characters levels up so im just randomly wondering around the world. I've found ultima and Emerald but where's ruby?

TR FAN 18
06-10-06, 07:59
I've beaten Ultima Weapon. I can't beat Emerald, I dunno where Ruby is but they have over a 1,000,000 HP don't they? Not being able to use Sense on them really sucks.

MiCkiZ88
06-10-06, 08:07
I've beaten Ultima Weapon. I can't beat Emerald, I dunno where Ruby is but they have over a 1,000,000 HP don't they? Not being able to use Sense on them really sucks.
Emerald has 1 million hp when ultima has 100k and ruby 80k

i found that from a walktrhough site..

Rivendell
06-10-06, 08:59
Ruby weapon is in the middle of the desert outside Gold Saucer :wve:

MiCkiZ88
06-10-06, 10:08
oh ok :D cheers for that :)

though might be a while before I play ffvii again cause of KHII :D

Ward Dragon
06-10-06, 16:40

My friend said he managed to defeat the Ruby weapon. What he did was he kept using Caith Sith's limit break, dying, and reloading until he got lucky and Caith Sith landed on the result of instant death (or something like that):p

MiCkiZ88
07-10-06, 11:04
okay.. so i got an some sort of secret ending for those who have played ffvii and dirge of cerberus. som sort of Major spoiler! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAa7mELaUc4

what does that end mean and the hell is gackt doing in it..

Rivendell
07-10-06, 11:57
Who's Gackt? Was he a new character intro'd in D.o.C? I vaguely remember the name...

MiCkiZ88
07-10-06, 12:36
he's the japanese star singer who made the ending song to advent children and redemption to d.o.c

Thorir
07-10-06, 12:45
Who's Gackt? Was he a new character intro'd in D.o.C? I vaguely remember the name...

I love Gackt!
Visual Kei, sweetie!
But Mana is better. :D

MiCkiZ88
07-10-06, 13:58
Gackt does look alot like Cloud though.. lots of final fantasy characters actually cause I've found some intresting topics that Gackt was supposed to be usen as a face to vice valentine and an inspiration for Cloud and Squal :)

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/835/realcloudhk4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
im not 100% sure if that is gackt but I just found that with his name..