PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion bound for the PS3

WhosaidAODwasbad
29-09-06, 18:18
Its been announced that Elder scrolls Oblivion will be released for both the ps3 and PSP game systems. both versions will have many updates and added characters that the 360 and PC versions did not have. This could be a good indicator to see who has the best graphics. Although 360 has a slight edge nearly on the market for a year and this is just a PS3 launch game.

This is one of many PS3 launch games, looks to retail at 59.00 USD

Reggie
29-09-06, 18:20
That's fantastic news, for someone like me who can't afford an Xbox 360 and has an incompatible computer but can afford the PS3 at launch (its my birthday near then, luck me :p) this is ideal. I'm really looking forward to seeing this :D

Gothlegend
29-09-06, 19:08
psp!!!!!!!!!!!! :cln: yay!!!!!!!!! i lov oblivion!!

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
29-09-06, 19:09
Graphics are bad - There is no grass and water as PS1
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=2&mt=0&cId=3150341&mId=3041974

interstellardave
29-09-06, 19:16
Oblivion on the PSP!?!?! Hello looooooooooooooooooong loading times......

interstellardave
29-09-06, 19:18
Its been announced that Elder scrolls Oblivion will be released for both the ps3 and PSP game systems. both versions will have many updates and added characters that the 360 and PC versions did not have. This could be a good indicator to see who has the best graphics. Although 360 has a slight edge nearly on the market for a year and this is just a PS3 launch game.

This is one of many PS3 launch games, looks to retail at 59.00 USD

I wonder if the PS3 extras will be things that are available on XBox Live marketplace? They're still extras though, because PS3 owners will get them out of the box rather than paying small fees for them...

Reggie
29-09-06, 19:18
How are those Graphics bad? you must have a pretty high standard in terms of graphics. It doesn't look bad to me at all - in fact it looks impressive.

Rivendell
29-09-06, 19:19
Yay! Ps3 will make that amazingly!

I wouldn't buy it though - I mostly use FPS p.o.v on it, and I Hate console fps' with analog sticks...

Alive_and_Funky
29-09-06, 19:23
Its been announced that Elder scrolls Oblivion will be released for both the ps3 and PSP game systems.
What the hell?! Oblivion on PSP? I have a PSP so I might get it if I don't have an Xbox 360 by then and if it is good on the PSP, but how are they going to fit such a large world on a UMD?

illuminati30
29-09-06, 20:21
Great news! This means more people can play this great game! Expect this forum to explode wih Oblivion stuff!

How are those Graphics bad? you must have a pretty high standard in terms of graphics. It doesn't look bad to me at all - in fact it looks impressive.

I think what 'HELLOfromRUSSIA' might have been saying is this kind of thing:

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6147028/p-2.html

You will see lower end spec PC's have details missing (eg grass)

However, how do we know these are real screen shots of PS3 version? If they are, where is the grass and the details? :confused:

Reggie
29-09-06, 20:28
I'm really not overly concerned with the graphics but its always a bonus if they're impressive! both the Xbox360 and PC version look good to me (below mid range looks pretty dreadful though, all the beauty has gone), I'm pretty sure the PS3 will still impress me :)