PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia movie?

Janny
30-09-06, 17:58
I've read on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/ that they intend to make a movie after Prince of Persia around 2008... I'm not sure it's a good idea since it's not going be CGI as far as I know. Imagine an actor doing all those acrobatics...
Opinions? What do you think, is it going to be a good movie?

Kamrusepas
30-09-06, 17:59
I knew it! I frickin' knew it! :yah:

I hope it'll be good, the game looks awesome.

Tomb Raider Master
30-09-06, 18:00
If it's true what they say there, then I have no doubt it'll be a great movie! :tmb:

Rivendell
30-09-06, 18:01
It stands a chance!

As long as Uwe Boll doesn't get his hands on it!

marggo
30-09-06, 18:06
WOHOOOOOOOOOO
Janny I love you that is soooooooooooooo gooooood information
I LOVE POP and a movie WOW !!!
:yah: :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah:

raiderfun
30-09-06, 18:08
Am i dreaming... ? :cln: :cln: :cln: :cln:
OMG , yeeeeeeeeessss !!!! i'll be the frst one who will see the movie :D :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

RAID
30-09-06, 18:13
It's about time :D

marggo
30-09-06, 18:13
Am i dreaming... ? :cln: :cln: :cln: :cln:
OMG , yeeeeeeeeessss !!!! i'll be the frst one who will see the movie :D :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Ehemm.........second :D :p

Myreth
30-09-06, 18:41
I’m kind of pessimistic about the result because it’s one of my fave games so I expect a lot from the movie. I hope they don’t destroy the story while trying to adapt it to the big screen.

(btw you should know it’s not exactly new news.)

BoyTRaider
30-09-06, 18:45
I saw this article in February of this year. A couple of months ago. :)
But either way, I can't wait for it. :tmb:

Catapharact
30-09-06, 18:54
Yes it is true and yes I knew it was comming for two years. A lot of work has gone behind it including the fact that the script was co-written by Jorden Mechner himself.

Its gonna be awesome... I hope. Atleast its live action.

ILG49ers
30-09-06, 19:28
I'll definitely be seeing this movie on opening day! :jmp: It's been so long since I've heard anything about it, I was wondering if they still were even making it. I guess they are though! :D

Assassino
30-09-06, 19:33
I knew about this, but nothing until now about it have I heard since...sounds great!:D:D:D

Mona Sax
30-09-06, 20:15
It's gonna be hard to pull off, but since Mechner's involved... it could work. They'd better include Farah, and not just in a damsel-in-distress minor role! ;)

Catapharact
30-09-06, 20:17
It's gonna be hard to pull off, but since Mechner's involved... it could work. They'd better include Farah, and not just in a damsel-in-distress minor role! ;)

Its gonna be majorly based on SOT Mona... Sorry :(.

Assassino
30-09-06, 20:18
Farah was in SOT.;)

Mona Sax
30-09-06, 20:20
Farah was in SOT.;)
Yes, and she pulled her own weight. If it's like SOT, I'm happy.

marggo
30-09-06, 20:21
They'll give farah a big role this is SOT! Most of the time she's with the prince. :D

Catapharact
30-09-06, 20:23
Well... Many would argue with that. Personally, I think she was a smart addition but then SOT had a childish Prince and with a childist Farah supporting him... I don't know :p.

TTT's Farah was an improvement x 3. She still had her attitude but it merited more (though she didn't contribute as much as in SOT.)

Assassino
30-09-06, 20:23
Yes, and she pulled her own weight. If it's like SOT, I'm happy.
Agreed!:D

BtoFu
30-09-06, 20:28
We all know the chances of it ruling are slim to none...American accents ahoy will make it cheese - Scorpion King 2 anyone? :D

Mona Sax
30-09-06, 20:29
Well... Many would argue with that. Personally, I think she was a smart addition but then SOT had a childish Prince and with a childist Farah supporting him... I don't know :p.

TTT's Farah was an improvement x 3. She still had her attitude but it merited more (though she didn't contribute as much as in SOT.)
I liked SOT's fairytale atmosphere. Something you don't see in many games, and definitely very romantic. :)
I love TTT too, but for different reasons.

Angelx14
30-09-06, 20:30
It would be cool.:D:jmp:

Catapharact
30-09-06, 20:35
I liked SOT's fairytale atmosphere. Something you don't see in many games, and definitely very romantic. :)

Hmmm... It was kinda kiddish, *giggle* *giggle* kinda romance between the two but it was well worth the laughs. The library scene was hilarous enough to make me spit out my drink.

marggo
30-09-06, 20:35
I love TTT too, but for different reasons.

I agree! SOT Was so romantic. And ferry funny sometimes :D
SOT's my favourite from the 3 games tough i love them all:)

Mona Sax
30-09-06, 20:42
Hmmm... It was kinda kiddish, *giggle* *giggle* kinda romance between the two but it was well worth the laughs. The library scene was hilarous enough to make me spit out my drink.
Yes. Sometimes a bit of light-hearted romance is just the right thing between a few rounds of Doom 3 or F.E.A.R. ;)

Catapharact
30-09-06, 20:46
Yes. Sometimes a bit of light-hearted romance is just the right thing between a few rounds of Doom 3 or F.E.A.R. ;)

Meh... Want light hearted humor filled in with good gun blasting? Play Halo 2 ;). The convo. between Cortana and Master chieft are just classic :D.

keebz
30-09-06, 23:08
Yeah, I just read about this yesterday. I hope its a good movie....:D

Captain Mazda
30-09-06, 23:14
I'm interested to see how their recreation of ancient Persia will look like.

Unless it's going to be some stupid Final Fantasy CGI crap.

Neteru
01-10-06, 00:30
I fully expect this film to be a cliché ridden piece of schmaltzy trash.

Ward Dragon
01-10-06, 01:22
I fully expect this film to be a cliché ridden piece of schmaltzy trash.

Wow, next time tell us how you really feel :p

This is the first I've heard of a Prince of Persia movie. I have no idea what it's going to be beyond what this thread says, and I'm not going to worry about it until I start seeing commercials for it (then I'll be able to judge if it looks good or not).

At any rate, the movie is based on the game and not the other way around. That's the way it should be :D

Shark_Blade
01-10-06, 06:13
I'll be happy if it make it to a movie. Great news.:D

Janny
01-10-06, 06:43
Unless it's going to be some stupid Final Fantasy CGI crap.
What's wrong with CGI? Techonlogy has evolved a whole lot enough to make decent CGI movies, just take a look at the FMV's from Prince of Persia itself, wouldn't that make a good film? plus it would be faithfull to the game, isn't that what's important too?

Nicky
01-10-06, 06:48
I think that a combination of WW and T2T would be the best story for a movie. Anyway, I'm curious to see it when it's made. As long as there are not any Hollywood cliches in it.

Captain Mazda
01-10-06, 06:48
Yes well, read the words before "CGI" as well. Together in that sentence, they show the way I feel about low-grade CGI movies.

Captain Mazda
01-10-06, 06:49
I think that a combination of WW and T2T would be the best story for a movie. Anyway, I'm curious to see it when it's made. As long as there are not any Hollywood cliches in it.

*cues exploding barrels and mad scientist with broken English*

Laras Backpack
01-10-06, 11:29
I wonder who will pay the lead roles? I love the Prince and Farah, so I hope they'll cast actors who are able to do them justice! :)