PDA

View Full Version : The General PSP Thread.

Lara Lover
30-09-06, 22:12
I thought I'd make a thread for the all the PSP owners on TRF. I've not got one, I'm saving for one though. ;)

BTW, Can you tell me? Are they worth the money? :p

Titanium
30-09-06, 22:15
It depends really, its also a multimedia center as well so if you want one of those then the PSP is a good choice :)

It does have a good variety of games with alot of well known gaming brands on it.

viper456
30-09-06, 22:19
i had one for a year and recently sold it because i thought it was crap really, not my sort of thing.

I bought a DS lite instead and i really do love it :) take it everywhere with me.

the problem with the PSP for me was that i really dont wantto watch vids on the go, i have an MP3 player so i didnt need it for that and im not a huge fan of the types of games available for it, as they all seem to me puzzles or racing. not many adventure/beat em ups available that suited my taste.

but either way dont go on what im saying as everyone is different :) if you really want one and theres games you really want jsut buy it, cause you will love it.

Alive_and_Funky
01-10-06, 12:23
I would suggest that you wait until some more good games come out for it. I have a PSP but only four games, and about three that I have my eye on. There are quite a few good racing games for the PSP, but they aren't really my sort of thing.
A lot of the PSP games are ports of the main console versions and they don't normally turn out as good. I will certainly keep my PSP. I'll just have to be patient and hope that a must-have game is eventually released for it. :)

EDIT: If there are a lot of games you'd like for it though that aren't just ports, then you may as well get a PSP.

Legend of Lara
01-10-06, 16:55
I got a PSP and I love it. My fave games for it are Tekken: Dark Resurrection and Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble.

raiderfun
01-10-06, 17:57
cannot buy it , too expensive , and the cd too , :o

Tombreaper
01-10-06, 18:03
I love my PSP, and most of my friends too :) There are some really good games for the sysyem, and upcoming games like Metal Gear Solid p.o. , Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Oblivion..oh yeah.
btw. You can't compare the PSP with DS, they are totally different systems.

viper456
01-10-06, 20:06
I love my PSP, and most of my friends too :) There are some really good games for the sysyem, and upcoming games like Metal Gear Solid p.o. , Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Oblivion..oh yeah.
btw. You can't compare the PSP with DS, they are totally different systems.

they are both handhelds and used for playing games on the move so ofcourse they can be compared.

if you want a media center go with psp

if you want different types of games go with DS

i found my ds to be alot more fun as the games seemed to be more entertaining for what i wanted.