PDA

View Full Version : Attention all fans of KOTOR2 and/or Jedi Academy.

PirateRose
01-10-06, 16:19
It came to my attention a while back that Atton Rand from KOTOR2 was suppose to be in Jedi Academy instead of Jadan Korr. (there is an actual easter egg line where Atton says he was cut from Jedi Academy) Well, I have found out what really happened (not really, its just me screwing around)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4260/page1ns0.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/3301/page2lx1.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1079/page3qt1.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1286/page4xm9.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/6590/page5zj8.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/5613/page6pd7.jpg

I can't decide if its better Atton wasn't in Jedi Academy or if it would have been better if Rosh was cut from Jedi Academy.

Rivendell
01-10-06, 16:32
Hahaha! :D I'd like to play that version of J.A! :D

cate_kroft
01-10-06, 20:27
What if Atton was to be Rosh??? (Would love to hear how you would write that scenario PR. :D)

My Jaden would have gone to the dark side in a heartbeat if that was the case... Or was it light side. I can't remember for sure. I only know that I kept wanting to kill that annoying jerk, Rosh. Atton I would have kept around a while. ;)

Alive_and_Funky
01-10-06, 20:31
LOL :D

What's supposed to be so annoying about Rosh? I've not played Jedi Academy, but I've seen the Jedi Academy Parodies on YouTube, so I guess I can see why he annoys some people. Is he more annoying in the game?

Paperdoll
01-10-06, 21:15
Rosh is the most annoying thing ever. I guess you can compare him to nails scratching a black board XD Damn it feels good when you get to kill him :D or not :p

Ward Dragon
01-10-06, 21:22
LOL :D

What's supposed to be so annoying about Rosh? I've not played Jedi Academy, but I've seen the Jedi Academy Parodies on YouTube, so I guess I can see why he annoys some people. Is he more annoying in the game?

Rosh is very weak-willed and whiny. That's why I find him annoying.

PirateRose
02-10-06, 02:54
What if Atton was to be Rosh??? (Would love to hear how you would write that scenario PR. :D) \

Good lord no!

Here, I found this at Wookiepedia :

Atton Rand was originally supposed to be the name of the main character of the early production version of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, but was cut out of it. The player character was eventually named Jaden Korr. If the player beats the game atleast twice and gets both "light side" and "dark side" endings, the next play through Atton will introduce himself by mentioning this very fact.

Seriously, about Rosh, I remember when I first started playing that game, that very first scene where he jumps in your face. I said to myself, o m g....I'm stuck with this guy through out the game aren't I...

It was incriedably difficult not to kill him when you are trying to go lightside.

He's like that kid thats on student council, who is full of himself and thinks he is so great, and goes around being really annoying, with an annoying laugh, then when some bully comes around he pee's his pants.

Rivendell
02-10-06, 08:11
If the player beats the game atleast twice and gets both "light side" and "dark side" endings, the next play through Atton will introduce himself by mentioning this very fact.

:eek: Seriously?

scoopy_loopy
02-10-06, 10:04
Yes he's very annoying! And then in training he makes you fight that ****ing robot!! God dam you Rosh!

PirateRose
02-10-06, 14:21
:eek: Seriously?
yes seriously. I think if you are playing the female exile and play through both dark side and light side, then play a third time, he says "Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." <- now thats funny. rofl

cate_kroft
02-10-06, 17:38
I meant that instead of the character of Rosh, we got the character of Atton Rand. ;)

I can see why that name was dropped though. They must have originally planned for the game to have a certain lead character (like the previous games had Kyle Katarn) and then later decided to go for the "choose your own character". The name Jaden sounds ok for male and female characters but Atton is not so versatile of a name.

Although, I always thought that quote in K2 was just a joke and not fact. :confused: (I don't trust really trust Wikis. There's just not enough fact checking and few have any "sources".)

I only played through the game once as a female LS and I got the "easter eggs" on my second play through. (At first people were saying you had to play once as a female and then once as a male and then it was first as LS and then as DS.)

Here's the actual quote from the game files:
"{X-Box Live}I'm Atton. I actually wasn't supposed to make it into the final game, but I was created at the last minute. Blame my agent. I was actually slated for a spin-off to Jedi Knight, but I don't want to talk about what happened there."

And the second quote:
"{[X-Box Live]Wide-eyed innocent, like Anakin in Episode 1}Are you an angel?"
"Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

It was supposed to be a extra for Xbox Live users but that was changed. The other stuff in the brackets are stage directions for the voice actor and animators.

PirateRose
02-10-06, 18:21
I meant that instead of the character of Rosh, we got the character of Atton Rand

Thats a fraking sweet idea...*starts thinking of that situation*

Although, I always thought that quote in K2 was just a joke and not fact. :confused: (I don't trust really trust Wikis. There's just not enough fact checking and few have any "sources".)

I don't trust wikis much either, with all that freedom people have to edit things. I just quote from them when I think strongly think something is fact. As I have seen this joke discussed a million times all over the net, particularly in the major official KOTOR2 forum at the Obsidian website, that it is a fact his name was to be used in Jedi Academy instead of Jaden Korr. I agree that I think they were originally planning on haveing a single major character at first, then dropped that idea to make it a character you costumize.

Eh, if its not true, then hell, I like playing around with the idea Atton was cut out because he beat Rosh to a bleeding pulp.

Rosh Penin I'll admit is worse then Mical the Disciple. Mical wouldn't back stab you and would know not to get into your personal space.

Captain Mazda
03-10-06, 02:02
Eh, I liked Mical :p

PirateRose
03-10-06, 03:37
Eh, I liked Mical :p

Therefore, I must destroy you....