PDA

View Full Version : Ear piercing

Geck-o-Lizard
01-10-06, 20:26
I want to get an industrial (http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Industrial_Piercing) piercing done. Has anyone got one of these, or a similar cartilage piercing? I'd love to know how expensive and painful it's likely to be. :p

RAID
01-10-06, 20:28
I'm guessing it's gonna be quite painful.

jarhead
01-10-06, 20:28
I dunno how expense but they dont look that different to normal piercings IMO just a tad thicker , but good luck none the less

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-10-06, 20:30
My friend's got one like the last picture on there. I have my cartilige pierced (in two places now) and it didn't even hurt at all! The cartilige hurt less for me than my earlobes did. As for the cost, it's free if you do it yourself. But that's so risky and dumb. My friends did theirs by themselves, half of the piercings got infected. :rolleyes: It really depends where you go though. Some places will charge $40, others maybe even more than that.

Mona Sax
01-10-06, 20:31
Don't want to snag one of those on something... :p

Elysia
01-10-06, 20:33
I've got cartilage piercings (ears and nose) - none of them hurt ;)

Satu
01-10-06, 20:43
I have my cartilige pierced (in two places now) and it didn't even hurt at all! The cartilige hurt less for me than my earlobes did.

I was the opposite. I had my ear cartilage pierced a couple of years ago and it hurt like hell and that was only a small stud. I ended up it taking out after a couple of weeks.

Geck-o-Lizard
01-10-06, 20:45
Mona - Indeed not; that'd be a quick way to the floor in agony. :p

they dont look that different to normal piercings IMO just a tad thicker

Yeah, normal piercings are done with an 18 guage needle, but industrials are generally done with 12 to 16 guage. Plus there are two piercings done at the same time rather than one, with a single piece of jewellery connecting them.

MiCkiZ88
01-10-06, 20:51
..those look painfull :eek: Im not sure how much they cost there but the last time I got my ear pierced I saw something like 10 euros..

Mona Sax
01-10-06, 20:52
Do you have other piercings or do you know a good studio? Personally I've only had my earlobes pierced, so I can't comment on cartilage piercings, but from what I've heard it depends a lot on the experience of the person doing it whether it hurts. I've seen studios doing it from $20 to about $50, but I think that's one thing where you really don't want to save money. I'd look at several studios and choose the cleanest and most professional looking one, regardless of the price.

Satu
01-10-06, 21:15
from what I've heard it depends a lot on the experience of the person doing it whether it hurts.

I never knew this....so the girl I went to must have been a butcher.

Ward Dragon
01-10-06, 21:15
...Ouch. Just looking at those pictures makes me cringe in pain.

lita212
01-10-06, 22:40
aw man ya really want scaffolding! ewww i dont like that at all. my mate kat had it done and it just looked minging

Catlantean
01-10-06, 23:02
Yup, they're painful. I had an ear cartilage piercing done a few years ago, and while the intensity of pain wasn't unbearable, it just kept hurting all the time so in the end I took it out. If you really want to do it, be prepared for a long healing time.

BoyTRaider
01-10-06, 23:04
I was gonna get the one that has a bar going across the ear. Lol, but then I decided to just get a tattoo instead. (All done in Brazil :))

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-10-06, 23:06
I was gonna get the one that has a bar going across the your ear. Lol, but then I decided to just get a tattoo instead. (All done in Brazil :))

Did it hurt? And what is it of? :eek: :mis: :D

BoyTRaider
01-10-06, 23:26
Yes it did hurt!! Lol :ton:

Jake Croft
02-10-06, 00:53
Had mine done ages ago...
It just stung for a while nothing painful

Angelx14
02-10-06, 05:59
I want to get an industrial (http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Industrial_Piercing) piercing done. Has anyone got one of these, or a similar cartilage piercing? I'd love to know how expensive and painful it's likely to be. :p
Omg.:eek:
Why do you need such a thing?:confused:
I don't think it's a very pretty look...

Autolycus
02-10-06, 07:43
OMG, i feel faint,those have got to hurt big time.

angelika
02-10-06, 08:30
IMO don't do it!

Not bacause it might be painful or expensive but it is somthing that will mark your ear for life.

I regret having pierced my right ear 5 times. Although I haven't used them for 10 years, it 's not a very pleasant sight :(

scoopy_loopy
02-10-06, 08:32
Wow, they look extremely painful, oww..

but then again, so is most things "fashionable" these days.. I have no idea on the cost, but go somewhere clean! You dont want an infection in the cartlidge!!

Geck-o-Lizard
02-10-06, 16:22
IMO don't do it!

Not bacause it might be painful or expensive but it is somthing that will mark your ear for life.

I regret having pierced my right ear 5 times. Although I haven't used them for 10 years, it 's not a very pleasant sight :(

More than two would probably be overkill for me, but don't piercings just close up and heal over once abandoned?

Ward Dragon
02-10-06, 16:33
More than two would probably be overkill for me, but don't piercings just close up and heal over once abandoned?

I don't know too much about this, so I could be wrong. I think that a piercing that's only through flesh will close up over time. I think it's different if the piercing goes through cartilage.

Reggie
02-10-06, 16:34
Go ahead and do it if you want (just make sure there's not too many risks attached e.g. find yourself a good reputable place where you can have it done). I was checking around and saw this on the site you linked to:

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Ear_Cropping

:yik:

Ward Dragon
02-10-06, 16:38
Go ahead and do it if you want (just make sure there's not too many risks attached e.g. find yourself a good reputable place where you can have it done). I was checking around and saw this on the site you linked to:

*cringes in even more pain than before* That is INSANE!

Shark_Blade
02-10-06, 16:49
:yik: oh my!!

Lavinder
02-10-06, 16:50

I think i'm going to hurl...

Ampersand
02-10-06, 17:05

That's going a bit far, I think. :yik:

Geck-o-Lizard
02-10-06, 17:06
That's one of the milder things on that site. :p

Mona Sax
02-10-06, 17:08
I don't know why somebody would pay to have a part of their ear removed... :pi:

...Mike Tyson does it for free! :p

Okay, seriously. I think that's really a bit extreme and maybe not entirely suitable for this forum.

Anubis_AF
02-10-06, 17:19
Grace, I've just seen that site and, are you sure of this?

SpongeBob Lover
03-10-06, 05:18
I don't know why somebody would pay to have a part of their ear removed... :pi:

...Mike Tyson does it for free! :p

Okay, seriously. I think that's really a bit extreme and maybe not entirely suitable for this forum.

:vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
03-10-06, 06:35
Grace, I've just seen that site and, are you sure of this?

Yeah, it's something I've been thinking about since before summer but I'm ready to go for it once I give myself the green light now.

The piercing, not the ear removal, that is. XD

Nicky
03-10-06, 08:37
Not exactly; they may close up on the surface, but the hole is always there, and the mark never goes away. I have two piercings on each earlobe, and although I've stopped using the back ones since years now, the marks of the holes are still there and I'm still able to wear an earring there, although passing it through is really painful after all this time.

I guess though that it also depends on how much you use the piercings. Those back ones that I have, I used to use them a lot years ago, so this is probably why they didn't go away when I stopped wearing earrings there. I had a third one made on my right lobe years ago, but because I hardly ever used it, the hole disappeared leaving no mark on the flesh.

viper456
03-10-06, 09:59
haha im getting my helix pierced today i think ( i think thats what its called) like the back/top of my ear.

i have 2 friends who have had their industrial pierced and they said it hurt a bit but it wasnt an unbarable pain. They are both wimps so it cant of been that bad

viper456
03-10-06, 10:41
and can i just say THANKS to the people who posted all those links about ears falling off! crapping myself now! lmao :@

Lara Croft!
03-10-06, 12:36
I'm guessing it's gonna be quite painful.

LOL....I agree!!!!!

Geck-o-Lizard
03-10-06, 16:27
I talked to a guy in my college class who has one. He said it doesn't hurt much, it's 25 pounds, and he gets all his piercings done in a shop here in Paisley...

raiderfun
03-10-06, 16:36
huh ! i hate this ! :( :(
I consider this very dirty ! :mad:

Geck-o-Lizard
03-10-06, 16:42
An ear piercing? Why do you find it dirty? :confused:

raiderfun
03-10-06, 16:43
An ear piercing? Why do you find it dirty? :confused:
it only horrid me gecko ! just while i'm seeing this ! i have a strange feeling , i don't know what is it , but im , like getting hurt you know :( :(

viper456
03-10-06, 19:21
its not diiiirty

i got mine done today and i swear to god it actually burns now!!! needles through an non-numbed ear = BAD lol

glad i got it done though

good luck with your industrial gecko! i couldnt cope with 2 at the same time but im a wimp so you know lol

Geck-o-Lizard
03-10-06, 19:30
Arrgh, don't scare me! http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1397/lolch7.gif I don't think I'm too bad with pain, though that's only my personal opinion. :p

Yah I really want it done pretty soon now. I can afford it easily, just need to find the place to get it done.

Geck-o-Lizard
03-10-06, 22:17
Saturday, Saturdaaaaay. I'll find out tomorrow if I need to book it, and if so, I'll do that. Then me and my friend are gonna go in on Saturday. I'll get the industrial, she'll get her lobes re-done. Then it's off to Glasgow to ***** about our pain, get Subway for lunch, and buy stuff for our Halloween outfits. :D

Lux veritata
03-10-06, 22:20
I have in my ears and one diamant in the over-lip;)It didn't hurt at all when i took in my lip.It was worse when i took in my ears lol

Legends
03-10-06, 22:23
I have an ear piercing like the one in the last picture, and it hurts to take it. I've had it for 2 years now, and Iím going to take it out, cause I suddenly realized how awful it looks!

viper456
03-10-06, 22:28
Arrgh, don't scare me! http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1397/lolch7.gif I don't think I'm too bad with pain, though that's only my personal opinion. :p

Yah I really want it done pretty soon now. I can afford it easily, just need to find the place to get it done.

lol sorry! you will be fine if i can cope you can!

seriously im such a wimp!

i mean i came back downstairs from the room and my friend went "tom have you got it done!?"

i went "ow ow yeah.."

she went "awww im so proud of you!" *huG*

and then the people who worked there laughed at me cause they realised how much of a wimp i was lmao

viper456
10-10-06, 14:22
http://i12.************/314yrnb.jpg a week later and this is how it looks :)

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:39
*Looks at "ear shaping" on the page*

Thanks, I just saved myself some money instead of buying dinner.

viper456
10-10-06, 14:47
*Looks at "ear shaping" on the page*

Thanks, I just saved myself some money instead of buying dinner.

lmao! :vlol:

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:50
I should bookmark that page, It could be useful for weightloss!
No eating, only vomiting!

viper456
10-10-06, 14:55
I should bookmark that page, It could be useful for weightloss!
No eating, only vomiting!

lol!

i hate that ear shaping stuff! i saw it the day before i got my ear done and it put me right off!