PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection

illuminati30
02-10-06, 11:17
The Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection Includes: Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil 4.

http://uk.cube.ign.com/objects/857/857070.html

Well 10 years ago, i was playing Tomb Raider and Resident Evil on PS1. Perhaps my 2 favorite games ever!

In order to celebrate, they have packaged these 3 games together. A real steal for anyone who does not yet have them. GC only though.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/pack.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/re1_gamecube_box.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/1109666475-00.jpg

Now why oh why can't Tomb Raider be at this stage? Why not a Tomb Raider GC remake in the same way? :confused: If only Eidos had as good relations with Nintendo then, as they do now. I still say bring the Core version to GC, and the Crystal versions to PC, PSP, and PS2. GC is a good place to offer an alternative to what is main stream.

Anyway, check them out if you have not already :wve:

interstellardave
02-10-06, 12:14
These games are a reason to buy a Gamecube IMO. I already have them myself but I'd encourage people to take a flyer on the Cube and get one cheap just for these games. You can play an inferior version of RE 4 on the PS2 but these other great games are ONLY on the Cube.

Rivendell
02-10-06, 13:24
If they're doing a 10th RE:AE, it's understandable that we're not getting anything new. We've already had the remake(s), but for the collection we should get Re1/2/3 at least!

A remake of 2/3 in RE1 remake graphics and gameplay... *salivates.*

illuminati30
02-10-06, 13:36
If they're doing a 10th RE:AE, it's understandable that we're not getting anything new. We've already had the remake(s), but for the collection we should get Re1/2/3 at least!

A remake of 2/3 in RE1 remake graphics and gameplay... *salivates.*

That would be nice although would take a lot of time i would think. I dunno if this edition is aimed at people who have played all the PS versions, therefore giving them something extra. Many people don't even know about RE0 :yik:

Crofty_Tomb
02-10-06, 14:59
I remember playing the first one.. I borrowed it from my cousin... it was horrible.. It was the part where there was a bus and it was on fire and zombies came out! And I kept on losing... and they ate me! I didn't even know how to fight... I used to have terrible nightmares! I should stay away from games like that...

interstellardave
02-10-06, 15:03
I remember playing the first one.. I borrowed it from my cousin... it was horrible.. It was the part where there was a bus and it was on fire and zombies came out! And I kept on losing... and they ate me! I didn't even know how to fight... I used to have terrible nightmares! I should stay away from games like that...

That was number 2... great game too!

Crofty_Tomb
02-10-06, 15:04
I only remember it was old... games like these can kill!

Shark_Blade
02-10-06, 15:31
I really want to get hold of resident evil zero :( It's the only rezi I didn't have yet. Is it on PC or ps?

illuminati30
02-10-06, 16:02
I really want to get hold of resident evil zero :( It's the only rezi I didn't have yet. Is it on PC or ps?

Gamecube only i am afraid, but you can pick them up for buttons these days, plus once Wii is out, there will be a whole load people with GC's they have no use for.

Here is a thread i made with some other reasons to get one! LOL!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=56866

-DEBUG
02-10-06, 17:45
There's no way on earth I'd buy a GC just to play a remake of TR1 by Core. I just don't like the GC as a Console tis small, has weird discs and has a very peculiar controller. Just because GC is the last console for GC to debut on, i just don't see any reason to release a remake on there :wve:

illuminati30
02-10-06, 18:33
There's no way on earth I'd buy a GC just to play a remake of TR1 by Core.
You wouldn't? I would! If i didn't have one already that is :tea: As i said, dirt cheap these days. I know a lot of people who would. I think a lo of Resident Evil fans bought the cube for the Resident Evil remake. I bought it for RE0. Yet, i am a person who bought the PS2 just for AOD.

I just don't like the GC as a Console tis small, has weird discs and has a very peculiar controller.

Interesting reasons! The controller is really good. Whats wrong with a small console and small disks? :confused:

Just because GC is the last console for GC to debut on, i just don't see any reason to release a remake on there :wve:

Eh? :confused:

The reason is, the game was 70% complete. It is just going in the bin, and the Crystal Dynamics version is going to PS2 only. Just like Resident Evil zero, and games like Red Steel for Wii, what would be the harm in a remake made by Core Design on the GC for Ninendo fans? Its better than putting it in the bin right?

-DEBUG
02-10-06, 19:20
The GC Pad looks diffucult to use to me, it has all those big buttons on it, compared to the Xbox controller, and the discs look like they were made small so the console would be small :)

Whenever I think of "GameCube" I imediately picture mario or other games like zelda that seem cartoony to me :p and a few games seemed to be cancelled recently. Also, many good games seem to go multi format (not as ridiculously multiformat as TRL :vlol:) so I'll get it on Xbox or PS2 like i did with RE4 :wve:

illuminati30
02-10-06, 19:29
The GC Pad looks diffucult to use to me, it has all those big buttons on it

Analogue stick is in a good location. A is big and green, B is small and red, these are the butons you use most. It has a good trigger like the Xbox controller also. Some games on GC like metroid, are all on screen. The options are on screen, and you never need to look at the controller, i think thats great.

and the discs look like they were made small so the console would be small :)

I think thats right :)

Whenever I think of "GameCube" I imediately picture mario or other games like zelda that seem cartoony to me :p and a few games seemed to be cancelled recently. Also, many good games seem to go multi format (not as ridiculously multiformat as TRL :vlol:) so I'll get it on Xbox or PS2 like i did with RE4 :wve:

True, they are Nintendo trademark games, and they would come to mind first as they are massive games. However, there is more to this than meets the eye.

I bought the GC for RE0, and RE Remake. Then i got RE 4 (all of which are an utter visual treat on the GC), so for a long time Resident Evil was GC exclusive only. I also think of the sands of time games, which also ran and controlled an utter treat on the GC. As well as games like Meroid Prime and Eternal Darkness, that i discovered round about the time. So these are the games that come to mind for me. It's not all Mario and pokemon you know ;) :wve:

-DEBUG
02-10-06, 19:47
:p It just dawned on me how narrowminded i sound, i think i need to broaden my horizons a tad :)

It's also no bad thing that the GC is different in these ways and quite ballsy to name there next gen console after a 4 year old's word for urine :rolleyes: :wve:

illuminati30
02-10-06, 19:54
:p It just dawned on me how narrowminded i sound, i think i need to broaden my horizons a tad :)

GC controller is really good. I rate it second after the 360 controller, which is perfect.

It's also no bad thing that the GC is different in these ways and quite ballsy to name there next gen console after a 4 year old's word for urine :rolleyes: :wve:

LOL! I see it as more of a symbol than a name really, and what it represents. I also think it is quite aesthetically pleasing when you see the symbol on things, and on games. It has a real quality look about it. Like this:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/red-steel-20060926031145442.jpg

and this

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/wii-box-art-20060926053316567.jpg

and you know it can do some real nice graphics as well:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/red-steel-20060928055015400.jpg

Sorry to go on! Just looking forward to it :jmp:

-DEBUG
02-10-06, 20:01
How the hell is it raining in a Dojo with a roof! :vlol: sorry first thing that i noticed there :p, Those Graphics are damn fine! Btw the logo looks quite good, hadn't seen it up until now :)

illuminati30
02-10-06, 20:08
How the hell is it raining in a Dojo with a roof! :vlol: sorry first thing that i noticed there :p, Those Graphics are damn fine! Btw the logo looks quite good, hadn't seen it up until now :)

;)

SonicMadHead
03-10-06, 12:51
My first ever RE game played... I filled my pants at first... then i found doin the puzzles fun... i cleared it then i wanted more :P