PDA

View Full Version : Favourite next-gen games platform

EK-MDi
02-10-06, 18:44
Which next-gen games platform do/will you favour?

1. Xbox 360

2. Playstation 3

3. Games for Windows

4. Wii

TR freak
02-10-06, 18:54
PS3. Slightly better than the 360 and has blue ray. Plus its backwards compatible so I dont have to worry if I want to play old games.

illuminati30
02-10-06, 18:59
Xbox 360 at the moment, but how can we vote?

PS3 and Nintendo Wii ain't even out yet :tea:

interstellardave
02-10-06, 19:00
I refuse to vote on the grounds that this will become a useless fanboy/girl war. No offense to you, EK-MDi, but that's what this topic is destined to become...

Alive_and_Funky
02-10-06, 19:04
The Xbox 360 has sparked my interest the most, especially since some PlayStation exclusives have gone multi-format and the Xbox 360 has the most exclusives which I'm interested in.
The Wii is also very interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm too keen on playing video games whilst standing up all the time, unless I use the normal controller. But what would the point of getting a Wii be if I wasn't making use of the Wiimote? Think on this, I must.
I've lost almost complete interest in the PS3. As much as I would like to play Metal Gear Solid 4, I find it quite stupid buying a console just for one game. If there are quite a lot of PS3 exclusive games in the future which I'm interested in, then I might eventually buy a PS3 if I felt I was spending the right amount of money for how much I would use it.
I don't buy as many PC games as I do for consoles, but I think there will be quite a few future PC games which will spark my interest.

@ Dave: I agree. *ducks for cover*

UNDERTAKER
02-10-06, 19:07
PS3. Slightly better than the 360 and has blue ray. Plus its backwards compatible so I dont have to worry if I want to play old games.

How do you know? Have you played PS3?

TR freak
02-10-06, 19:11
How do you know? Have you played PS3?
I've read mags. They say PS3 is better. Plus I know for certain it has blue ray and is backwards compatible. Cant say the same for xbox 360. They're probably near enough the same but PS3 has the edge for me because of blue ray and backwards compatability.

Tombreaper
02-10-06, 19:59
I've read mags. They say PS3 is better. Plus I know for certain it has blue ray and is backwards compatible. Cant say the same for xbox 360. They're probably near enough the same but PS3 has the edge for me because of blue ray and backwards compatability.

Same here, plus I won't go support microsoft. I'm not a fanboy or something, but my money (for my gaming needs) goes to Sony and Nintendo.

Hybrid Soldier
02-10-06, 20:06
I definatly have to go with the 360. It has games i prefer to play and it's just overall a great system. Can't go wrong with it.

Rivendell
02-10-06, 20:38
So far I'm watching for PS3, feeeel the power ;)

But I'm really looking forward to the Revolution- I can't wait to play Harry Potter games on that controller, the wand in hand :D

Alive_and_Funky
02-10-06, 20:40
But I'm really looking forward to the Revolution- I can't wait to play Harry Potter games on that controller, the wand in hand :D
I'm looking forward to taking enemies down with my Wiimote of a lightsaber. :D

kill bill
02-10-06, 20:43
360 at the moment.;)

Legend of Lara
02-10-06, 20:43
The PlayStation 3! PRAISE IT! *grovels* :D
I'm also a bit interesed it the Wii though... but the PS3 always has my attention! :jmp: Screw the SuxBox 666. :p

Hybrid Soldier
02-10-06, 20:50
The PlayStation 3! PRAISE IT! *grovels* :D
I'm also a bit interesed it the Wii though... but the PS3 always has my attention! :jmp: Screw the SuxBox 666. :p

Well, at least the 360 it out on shelves and isn't being delayed. ;)

Samsdad
02-10-06, 21:06
Looking down the road I can't help but feel that Sony has definately lost the edge. The 360 has been out for a year and Sony is still screwing around with delays and an unproven technology. In the meanwhile, I wonder what microsoft has been doing with their next release beyond the 360.

From what I have seen, blu-ray's advantage is in playing movies and the number of movie distributors that they have signed up. But i do not use my gaming console for playing movies.

Rivendell
02-10-06, 21:10
Ooh a lightsaber, too right A&F ! :D

illuminati30
02-10-06, 21:25
So far I'm watching for PS3, feeeel the power ;)

Is Harry Potter coming to Wii?

You with your wand in hand eh? :whi:

illuminati30
02-10-06, 21:28
I wonder what microsoft has been doing with their next release beyond the 360.

I don't know about Microsoft, but i do know that Nintendo have been working on Wii since right after GC came out, so i wouldn't be surprised at all if Microsoft are already working on their next console right now.

Cochrane
02-10-06, 21:50
I'd personally say Mac, but sadly, I don't have a Mac that can really handle next-gen games and a Mac that could is way to expensive, so I'll have to go with PC.

EK-MDi
02-10-06, 22:12
I'd personally say Mac, but sadly, I don't have a Mac that can really handle next-gen games and a Mac that could is way to expensive, so I'll have to go with PC.LOL, FEAR on a Mac using Bootcamp, at a low resolution, with low quality graphics, with a maximum of 30 frames per second. Hahahhaa! Macs suck :).

Samsdad
04-10-06, 14:36
This came form Game informer

n AP report has noted that Sony's stock price on the Tokyo Stock Exchange has dropped 2.75 percent in response to analysts' concerns about PlayStation 3 crashing problems at the recent Tokyo Game Show, among other hiccups. Sony is also dealing with less than spectacular PSP sales and a four month delay in the release of PS3 in Europe.

Nanako Kato, a Sony spokeswoman, told the AP that the PS3s at TGS were having overheating problems due to the close quarters of multiple machines in unventilated kiosks. She notes that this is a common occurrence at trade shows, and said that all of Sony's competitors deal with the same issues.

"It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself," Kato said. "For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem."

We were at the hotbox that they call TGS, and can confirm that with the immense crowds it would be steaming in there even without a single console turned on. Plus, all of the systems are running at least 10 hours a day nonstop. I don't think anyone would want their own machine to run under such conditions.

But it's still interesting to note how fickle the investment market can be at even the slightest crack of perceived weakness.

illuminati30
04-10-06, 16:31
This came form Game informer

n AP report has noted that Sony's stock price on the Tokyo Stock Exchange has dropped 2.75 percent in response to analysts' concerns about PlayStation 3 crashing problems at the recent Tokyo Game Show, among other hiccups. Sony is also dealing with less than spectacular PSP sales and a four month delay in the release of PS3 in Europe.

Nanako Kato, a Sony spokeswoman, told the AP that the PS3s at TGS were having overheating problems due to the close quarters of multiple machines in unventilated kiosks. She notes that this is a common occurrence at trade shows, and said that all of Sony's competitors deal with the same issues.

"It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself," Kato said. "For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem."

We were at the hotbox that they call TGS, and can confirm that with the immense crowds it would be steaming in there even without a single console turned on. Plus, all of the systems are running at least 10 hours a day nonstop. I don't think anyone would want their own machine to run under such conditions.

But it's still interesting to note how fickle the investment market can be at even the slightest crack of perceived weakness.

I still think it should be able to cope with such conditions, i really do. Maybe i am unreasonable?

Sadly i doubt we will know the extent of this problem until it hits the shelves. This could be just a handful of people like with the 360, or it could be a lot. Either way, if they are having hardware problems, they are never going to admit that. Microsoft only just came out recently and said 'yes any 360 consoles bought before Jan 05 might be faulty, and if you have trouble we will repair for free' so i would not expect Sony to come out and admit such things before the thing is even launched. Time will tell, but who wants to be the guinea pig?

When i heard Nintendo's aim with Revolution they said 'we want something small, quiet, and affordable'. I remember thinking 'really? emmm that will go unnoticed sitting in some corner when compaired to the power house approach from MS and Sony, but little did i know the rest of their plans. It now sounds very wise considering consoles now need huge fans, have inflated prices, and sound more like space ships whizzing about on your desk, ready to take off at any moment.