PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Randall
03-10-06, 00:29
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning comes out this Friday. Is anyone going to see it?

tlr online
03-10-06, 00:32
I've yet to see the original. :)

Mr.Burns
03-10-06, 00:37
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning comes out this Friday. Is anyone going to see it?

Nope. No desire to see it at all.

@Tlr: Just so you know, the original isn't as violent as one might think by today's standards but it's still a pretty cool movie.

lita212
03-10-06, 00:40
i loved the remake i was so glad jessica beil survived lol she was my fave. anyways we dont get to see the movie yet cause its not out in the u.k yet but when it is i will deffo see it cause i want to know why he killed peeps etc.

DREWY
03-10-06, 00:41
I see the original almost as a comedy /horror flick nowadays. Still worth a look though :tmb:

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-10-06, 00:43
I wanna see it.

Randall
03-10-06, 01:17
From trailers I've seen it looks like it might be good. I haven't seen the original or the remake yet, I would like to see the remake.

Thorir
03-10-06, 01:22
I´ve seen the original. Not yet found any reason to see any sequels or remakes. :p

Neteru
03-10-06, 02:25
The original is a diabolical film.

Thorir
03-10-06, 02:40

In a good way or bad?

*Gazes towards my skin-mask lying about, made of humans. :mis:

Neteru
03-10-06, 02:47
In a bad way. I thought it was trash when I watched it on pirate video way back when.

DREWY
03-10-06, 02:53
I rank it with the original Evil Dead (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083907/), if you have seen that.

Rivendell
03-10-06, 07:39
If it's anything as cliche hollywood tripe as the remake of the original, then there's no way I'm spending £6 on a ticket for it!!

Scottlee
03-10-06, 09:47

Oh come on Net, it's one of the cinema's great art pieces. :D

From the deranged son repeatedly shouting "Hit her, Grandad", to Leatherface's chainsaw 'dance' just before the final credits, it's a classic.

What is this new beginning film about though? :confused:

in these arms
03-10-06, 09:48
I've seen a similar movie upon Channel 4, not so long ago, I belive its an old version?

But it's to gorey for me. :ton:

Lara Croft!
03-10-06, 12:35
Ι've seen the original and the remake.I loved them!Can't wait for the new one!

xMyrax
03-10-06, 13:07
I havent watched the original, but I watched the remake and thought it was great :) So I think I'll watch this one ^^

jarhead
03-10-06, 14:28
seen the remake and some parts of the original. I doubt this will be as good as the original though

TombRaiderLover
03-10-06, 14:31
The original film was a classic and one of the most influential horror films of all time! Unlike hundreds of other horrors, it relies on violence and reality to generate terror instead of buckets of gore. It's full of brilliant imagery, and the pace is incredibly fast, thanks to the last half hour of chaos (a girl is chased by a psychotic kilelr in the woods, jumps through a window - when it's closed - in a desperate escape, is beaten and betrayed by the killer's brother, taken to a house, tied to a chair at a table covered in meat and corpse remains, tortured with a sledehammer over a bucket, another escape through a window, a limping chase across a road and a final escape in the back of a passerby's car.)

Unfortunately, the remake is terrible in all departments. It relies on gore rather than realistic violence - completely ruining what made the 1974 version so great - is badly acted, one hell of a slow-paced, boring film and feels like another Hollywood cliched horror film rather than a realistic documentary-feel low-budget shocker like the original. If the prequel is like this, there's no way I'm going to think about seeing it.

in these arms - The remake was on Channel Four a couple of weeks ago. You must have seen that. Poor thing.

tr_mitch
03-10-06, 14:44
Both Original and the Remake are great films.
The character of 'Leatherface' was better presented in the remake though.
So i think i'll give this one a watch.

taika
03-10-06, 15:06
Only seen the remake, didn't think it was that good, loving environment and setting but thought the story/acting let it down.. not sure I will watch the new one? dunno yet.

TombRaiderLover
03-10-06, 18:07
Both Original and the Remake are great films.
The character of 'Leatherface' was better presented in the remake though.
So i think i'll give this one a watch.
*cringes uncontrollably* You evil, evil man! Remake . . . not good . . . very crap!

tr_mitch
03-10-06, 18:09
*cringes uncontrollably* You evil, evil man! Remake . . . not good . . . very crap!

It's opinion. I personally Loved it. Obviously not the best thing since sliced bread, but all good. :D

And not all Remakes are bad remember.

Legends
03-10-06, 18:23
I've just seen the remake.. The one from 2004, or 3 or.. yeah.. Is there a new one again?

Legend of Lara
03-10-06, 18:59
I'm not interested in the Texas Massacre. The Omen and The Shining are two films that caught my interest (and my breath).

Shark_Blade
03-10-06, 20:44
the beginning - it's the new one right? I watched the one where leatherhead got his hand chopped of with a knife by the girl

Randall
03-10-06, 20:58
The original was probably the best horror film of it's time, and I heard the remake was probably just as good but not really. This website has some trailers for the movie as well as some clips from it.

http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com

Some of the clips make it look like it might be a good movie.

imaginarylight
04-10-06, 00:43
YES! I cant wait to see this movie! Im a huge fan of the tcm series I've seen all but Leatherface:the texas chainsaw massacre 3 though I dont really want to the second and the fourth sucked, But I love the original and the remake and cant wait to see the begining.