PDA

View Full Version : A small great question

tampi
04-10-06, 22:30
What happens with all the things that are posted?

The drawings, histories, avatars, outfits, the levels,and more and more .......... all those works that are lost in the time, where go?
Exists an storage of things that makes the forum? the members?
Original things, I talk about? :)

Celephais
04-10-06, 22:34
As far as I know most posts made will remain on tlr online's "server" hardware , but things like pictures that are "linked" will only remain as long as the link is valid.

tampi
04-10-06, 22:46
As far as I know most posts made will remain on tlr online's "server" hardware , but things like pictures that are "linked" will only remain as long as the link is valid.
and tlr saves it?
and the pictures...the photos.... :confused:

Cochrane
04-10-06, 22:52
Text will be saved, but images and videos not. Either you save it yourself (or make sure that the link remains valid), or it gets lost. The one exception are Avatars, which are saved by the forum as well, probably more to have control over the avatars than because of technical necessity.

tampi
04-10-06, 22:55
Then, What pity!

I think that gets lost a great source of resources of all type, of works of many hours of a lot of people :(

DragonDan
04-10-06, 22:58
They go the same place that socks dissapear to when thrown into clothes dryers.......

DREWY
04-10-06, 23:46
Then, What pity!

I think that gets lost a great source of resources of all type, of works of many hours of a lot of people :(

If you see a pic you like you can always save it. Then it's not lost.

tampi
04-10-06, 23:54
Ya DREWY, but is not the same...

For a moment I thought that "Somebody" made something with all this material...

Spitfire
05-10-06, 01:25
Well if the information is that old chances are you're never going to go looking for it because it no longer has an reason to be read.

As for the art there is the TRF art fanbase on DeviantArt for anyone to store their artwork.

Neteru
05-10-06, 07:07
There are also things called Web Archives tampi. They naturally store (archive) whole websites. Though the one I've seen only archives the text and not any other media.