PDA

View Full Version : Take Action: Women sentenced to stoning in Iran!

Pipolinne
06-10-06, 03:05
Well,the title pretty much says it all:if you want to help,please go to this site :).

Click here (http://eteraz.wordpress.com/2006/10/04/stand-against-women-stoned-to-death-you-apathetic-monsters)

scoopy_loopy
06-10-06, 04:46
Im against it, but I do not think this is going to stop it.

Gabi
06-10-06, 15:14
This is outrageous and has actually made me cry out of sheer frustration and anger.
How the **** dare they???

No matter what culture or religion, no human being should ever have the right to sentence someone to death for being raped!!!!
Nor should adultery be punished with death.
And stoning...............that is just inhumane.

Kamrusepas
06-10-06, 15:17
No matter what culture or religion, no human being should ever have the right to sentence someone to death for being raped!!!!

A great example of the world we live in where the man is the superior one who's never wrong no matter what he does, and the woman is the sinner even if she did absolutely nothing.

Pipolinne
06-10-06, 15:19
Yes,I had the same reaction,too!
That's why I decided I should post it here, and share it with more people;I do believe it may have results!

Kamrusepas
06-10-06, 15:21
Sadly, people seem to lose all common sense when it comes to religion. I find it hard to believe there could be a god who would want his children stoned to death, especially if they're innocent of any crime.

jarhead
06-10-06, 15:23
Sadly, people seem to lose all common sense when it comes to religion. I find it hard to believe there could be a god who would want his children stoned to death, especially if they're innocent of any crime.

Thats what I think

And I read about this and similar cases a while back, pathetic to think that in some countries it still happens and women still get down treated

Pipolinne
06-10-06, 15:26
Religion is an idea,and not all people think alike.

Really,I do have difficulties speaking about this without becoming quite agressive,but I'd really like to understand this hate towards women,and,consequently,towards men,too.

Mona Sax
06-10-06, 16:15
Reminds me of a case in Italy where a court decided a woman wearing tight pants could not have possibly been raped since she'd had to have assisted in taking them off. :mad:

Pipolinne
06-10-06, 16:28
Concerning rape,our law clearly states " any form of forced penetration is violation",adressing also male rape,which was lacking.

Though,yesterday,speaking to a nurse,friend of mine,she told me,while in ER,she received a woman who had clearly being raped.The police took her testimony,and,after finishing it,they said:

"You know,he was your boyfriend and he didn't force the entry door. It's not like you never had sex with him".

:hea: :hea:

Anubis_AF
06-10-06, 16:36
Reminds me of a case in Italy where a court decided a woman wearing tight pants could not have possibly been raped since she'd had to have assisted in taking them off. :mad:

That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Mona Sax
06-10-06, 16:39
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Stupid, but it really happened. I have to go now, but I'll go look for the verdict later.

Anubis_AF
06-10-06, 16:45
I believe you. I'm just saying it's very stupid to give that as an excuse :rolleyes:

Mona Sax
07-10-06, 09:24
I believe you. I'm just saying it's very stupid to give that as an excuse :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, I just wanted to give a source. Here's a good summary by Associated Press (AP):
http://www.samsloan.com/italrape.htm

Anubis_AF
07-10-06, 10:21
"If we go on like this, every woman that doesn't wear a chastity belt will have the 'right' to be raped,"
Very true. Thanks for the link Mona.

Pipolinne
07-10-06, 11:19
That's exactly what various feminist blogs like The F-word (http://www.thefword.org.uk/index) or Feministing (http://www.feministing.com/) announced.

Here,in Portugal,only recently having forced sexual intercourse in a marriage was considered rape!

Legend of Lara
07-10-06, 11:28
Wow. Sosciety (I spelled that wrong right?) is really broken nowadays. Sentencing someone, male or female, to stoning should be stopped altogether. And punish for crimes that are crimes.

Real crimes include:
Raping
Murder
Mugging
Vandalizing

Dumb crimes include:
Getting raped
Stealing candy from kids
Getting robbed
Getting hit by a car

And the Dumb crimes mentioned above are probably the ones that make a person jailbound because today's world is messed! up!

only Croft
07-10-06, 12:05
:mad: This is outrageus, a woman did that thing and got stoned...but what if a man did something like that....oh God forbit only women are unfaithfull and sinners :mad:. Every day in Iran tousan of men chet on theyr women but do they get stoned????. It angrys me so much that every one says that we live in a society of laws and respect and that there is no eference betwen men, women, black, withe people, cristians and muculmans and other things and then this happends. I wonder when is this gonna stop. Sometimes I wish I was from Mars...sure there are no people but atleast no one stones each others :mad:

Apofiss
07-10-06, 15:00
Islamic world and everything how they treat womans... I'd like to hear a proper answer/excuse from those supporting jaram (stoning).. even knowing none of them are able to give a sane answer. They say it's their "religion"? ..eh, more insanity ><

Under a majority view in Islamic Law — ah, now we are in the majority — the Islamic punishments are a “ceiling” and not a “floor” of the maximum penalty. In other words, jurists — even orthodox jurists — accept that when you are going to flog someone for fornication you cannot flog them more than 100 times. Thus, our first goal, as reformists, should be to try to lower the “ceiling” from stoning adulterers/lashing fornicators to 100 lashes for both (since that is more consistent with the Quran).

Lets hope these active reformists will successed sooner.

Pipolinne
07-10-06, 15:21
Islamic world and everything how they treat womans... I'd like to hear a proper answer/excuse from those supporting jaram (stoning).. even knowing none of them are able to give a sane answer. They say it's their "religion"? ..eh, more insanity ><

Lets hope these active reformists will successed sooner.

Reformists...

Captain Mazda
07-10-06, 15:29
:mad: This is outrageus, a woman did that thing and got stoned...but what if a man did something like that....oh God forbit only women are unfaithfull and sinners :mad:. Every day in Iran tousan of men chet on theyr women but do they get stoned????. It angrys me so much that every one says that we live in a society of laws and respect and that there is no eference betwen men, women, black, withe people, cristians and muculmans and other things and then this happends. I wonder when is this gonna stop. Sometimes I wish I was from Mars...sure there are no people but atleast no one stones each others :mad:

You don't know that for a fact and it will always remain the bloated opinion that is fed to you through a plastic ladle by your friendly neighbourhood media corporation.