PDA

View Full Version : My nerves

angelika
06-10-06, 11:12
I am very :cen: off.

Doesn’t it get on your nerves when some colleagues judge your work without knowing what you do and not being proper to judge you anyway?

Have you ever received bad comments or been lectured about how you do your job from people who are not entitled to do so?

That ‘s what is happening to me today.
Moreover, they bias my boss against me before I even realise what we are talking about.

What do you do about it?

What would you do in my place?

Today I will either commit murder or be fired for misbehaving.

Greenkey2
06-10-06, 11:15
:hea: It's a serious pain in the :cen: when people do that.

I find that it helps to get a picture of he offending person and glue it to a dart board ;) That can relieve some of the tension.

angelika
06-10-06, 11:41
Can I turn into a dartboard the announcement board in the reception of the building?

Geck-o-Lizard
06-10-06, 11:49
http://www.thejukejoint.com/voodoodolls.html

Apofiss
06-10-06, 12:03
Umm.. perhaps go to your boss and explain the situation, plus that some incompetent colleagues are ****ing with your work's quality and etc.. shortly, turn situation good for you ;)

Pipolinne
06-10-06, 12:09
Last time,I punched the table!

I understand how you feel,and,after calming down a bit,the best is really being assertive with those colleagues.

Those kind of situations cause us distress and,normally,it seems we're with our hands tied up,once we feel we can't answer how they deserve.It's a good thing you shared that with us;that sure helps seeing the situation diffrently :)!

jarhead
06-10-06, 12:29
Not at work, but at school.

Personally I woudlnt get so fustrated, I'd have to agree with them everytime they say it, then they should get fed up, or scared

angelika
06-10-06, 12:52
Umm.. perhaps go to your boss and explain the situation, plus that some incompetent colleagues are ****ing with your work's quality and etc.. shortly, turn situation good for you ;)

This want I intend to do at the end of my shift.
Sometimes it's not what someone says but the manner he says it.
And I really detest irony from people they know nothing aboyt me or my work.

Not at work, but at school.

Personally I woudlnt get so fustrated, I'd have to agree with them everytime they say it, then they should get fed up, or scared

I know at school can be just as bad. But I expect more decency from a 40 year old person.

Mr.Burns
06-10-06, 13:57
I know at school can be just as bad. But I expect more decency from a 40 year old person.

Not me, Just because someone is older doesn't mean they're more mature, unfortunately. In my current job, I've had a couple new techs try to tell me how to do my job (one guy was boasting about how he was going to get promoted to manager in six months) when I'd been there over two years. Fortunately, the management staff at my job aren't idiots and can spot an brown noser. If a person directly criticizes my work and they are either a new tech with no experience or a customer who thinks they know everything because they are an electrical engineer. Yes, it's extremely annoying. I'd go to your boss, ask to talk to him/her about the situation, see what their views on your performance are and if they are mirroring what the idiot(s) said, (without actually reviewing your performance), then calmly explain that you don't believe it's prudent to be judged by someone with lesser or no experience in your field at all and you feel the only one who can make that accurate evaluation is your boss. Hope that helps.

jarhead
06-10-06, 14:00
yep, I know older poeple who are prats to put it, always looking for faults as they have so many they feel the need to pick on others. I also hate it when people look for errors, and pick on those. for instance when you do something right a 100 times and the minute you make a mistake they pounce