PDA

View Full Version : Ian Livingstone to deliver speech on Lara Croft

tlr online
09-10-06, 12:17
Again...

IAN LIVINGSTONE TO SPEAK AT 'GAME ON'
Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ October 9th 2006 ]

Ian Livingstone will deliver a lecture at London's Science Museum on November 13th as part of an exhibition exploring the history, technology and culture of computer games. Livingstone will use his speech to discuss 10 years of Lara Croft, star of Tomb Raider and one of video-game's most prolific heroines.

The exhibition also illustrates how content and technology need each other to move forward successfully and the different influences that Europe, North America and Japan have had on gaming and game design.

Among the games available to play will be classics like Pong, Asteroids, Space Invaders and Pac-Man. Game On will also look at the science behind gaming and its cultural influences.

xMiSsCrOfTx
09-10-06, 12:30
Lol, 'again...' :D Thanks for the news, sounds interesting! :tmb:

Legends
09-10-06, 13:23
Thaks Justin! :D :wve:

Apofiss
09-10-06, 13:27
Sounds interesting. *i wonder* if they will broadcast it, which channel then?

Rivendell
09-10-06, 14:34
A new speech? Or the same one that made people.... dislike him.. ?

Natla'd
09-10-06, 15:16
Cool. I'm going to take a day off college and attend that (As it's my chosen career area, College can't tell me off. :D). I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself if he mentions short, sharp thrill-rides, though. ;)

Thanks for the info, TLR! :wve:

[ETA] Oh, darn, the talk is in the evening. How silly. ¬_¬
Never mind, I'm still going to try to go to the exhibit.

da tomb raider!
09-10-06, 15:19
I'd like to hear what he's got to say about it, but I'm not wasting my time with it...