PDA

View Full Version : What kind of talent do you have?

BoyTRaider
10-10-06, 00:25
I thought this thread would be really interesting... :D

Please Forumers, share your talents. It can be anything in particular that you think you're really good at, such as playing guitar, piano, etc.

And if there's anyway for you to record it and send it in for us to watch, or listen, then do so! :D

Express your talents! :tmb:

2kool4u
10-10-06, 00:28
umm i can sing, im learnin the piano cuz my sis is taking lessons and ive been paying attention.:D :D :jmp:im waitin for my cuz to send the vid of me at karoke this weekend.

BoyTRaider
10-10-06, 00:32
Awesome! :D

2kool4u
10-10-06, 00:49
:D wait what is your talent.

StarCroft:AOD
10-10-06, 00:51
I'm good playing Video Games.

BoyTRaider
I like to dance and I can kinda pull off some singing. :D lol

BoyTRaider
I knew someone was bound to say that sooner or later. :p

2kool4u
10-10-06, 00:52
what do you dance to? i can do salsa and some merengue.:D

BoyTRaider
10-10-06, 00:54
Old school stuff... and I like dancing Hip-Hop. :Dlol

And about the singing, you'll see a vid soon... :p

2kool4u
10-10-06, 00:54
lol

Lenochka
10-10-06, 01:28
Im good at... I think im rather good at... Oh my! i don't think i have any talents :eek: Well none that i can think of

Mr.Burns
10-10-06, 01:44
Photography. Please see General Photography Thread for examples of my work.

BoyTRaider
10-10-06, 01:53
They're awesome! :D :tmb: Good job. :)

SpongeBob Lover
10-10-06, 04:22
video games like Nico :cool: but only car racing :D ive even beat some guys at my school who thought that girls cant play video games :jmp: haha idiots, it was nice to win them :D:D and swiming

Lonely Istari
10-10-06, 04:32

Lol, we all (here at TRF, I mean) share that in common... and I really DO think it is a sort of talent! :D there are definitely a LOT of people out there that just can not play video games!

my talents (besides gaming ;)) are: drawing, singing, and playing piano :D I loooove drawing! I just finished a pic of my nephew that I am going to give to his momma for Christmas! :jmp:

Lonely Istari
10-10-06, 04:34
video games like Nico :cool: but only car racing :D ive even beat some guys at my school who thought that girls cant play video games :jmp: haha idiots, it was nice to win them :D:D and swiming

haha yes! I love it!! I once beat a guy in a boxing game! LOL and he said "i have to warn you, i'm really good at this game..." lol and I beat him, my first time playing it! w00t for girl gamers! :tmb:

Mad Tony
10-10-06, 05:58
Computers. Definteitely computers. :D

And i'm quite good at photography. :)

DREWY
10-10-06, 06:11
What kind of talent do you have?

Absolutely none! If I entered a competition to be myself I'd come second.

Elysia
10-10-06, 06:16
I absolutely excel at the art of procrastination.

I can kind of draw (http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/) okay, too.

SpongeBob Lover
10-10-06, 06:18
What kind of talent do you have?

Absolutely none! If I entered a competition to be myself I'd come second.

:vlol: thats impossible :D :D

Kangaroo poo
10-10-06, 08:10
i can shake my eyes violently:cln:

Ada the Mental
10-10-06, 08:36
I draw a bit.Nothing really impressive,though. And can never draw something exactly the way I imagine it:(
I could do some writing,I have an overactive imagination,although I'm usually too lazy to write down what I have in my mind.

Wish I hadn't dropped my electric guitar lessons.:hea: I'be playing the guitar by now,if I hadn't stopped. But I've no time to practice.:mad:

Ikas90
10-10-06, 11:13
Yeah, I can play the piano and guitar, and video games that's about it.

young Lara Croft
10-10-06, 11:41
I have many talents: for example i can make people feel sory for whta they did to me, can get enything i want, i can dream , i can imagine, i can inovate etc...:)
talents i don't have: i can't fly , i can't create living illusions, can't give life to puppets, can't change the weather, can't change myself into another human being.:D :p

MiCkiZ88
10-10-06, 11:47
Parents always mumbling about that im multi talented and trying to sell me to the gallery.. meh :pi:.. I gues im kinda talented at drawing :/ or video editing/movies..

gah.. you want the whole list what people think? I bloody well know that you dont! :D

Ampersand
10-10-06, 12:19
Um, good question. I can draw, and I'm OK with the Level Editor. I suppose I can also write reasonably well. :o

Greenkey2
10-10-06, 13:35
Hmmm....:pi:

I definitely have a talent for looking after people (and animals). I once got into trouble for making a friend's guard dogs fall asleep on duty, just by sitiing talking to them and rubbing their ears :vlol:

I think I've got a talent for writing - if only I had the knack of getting inspiration on tap! Mostly when I sit down to write I end up staring a blank screen for ages. Then, when I can least afford to spend time in front of the computer, I'll be typing away like crazy for hours and come up with some ok stuff :rolleyes:.

Oh, and my greatest talent has to be for fussing cats and general soppiness when felines are around :cln:. I'm a world champion!

da tomb raider!
10-10-06, 13:39
Well, I can sing pretty good, and can play a few instruments very well too. And, er, that's round about it...

Bullethail
10-10-06, 13:43
I can write, but I haven't really got much out... entered a competition, but I didn't win. But anyway, I have a knack for spelling and writing.

Angelx14
10-10-06, 13:44
Hmm..I don't have much of talents..
But I can sing, I can draw, I can play football/basketball/baseball ect., I can play piano ( a little :o)I can swim, I can run really fast, I can speak in 3 different languages :D, I can dance, I can make ppl laugh :D, I can imitate voices, I can take good photos (of nature)..I can be really dumb.

Luba
10-10-06, 13:46
I draw a bit.Nothing really impressive,though. And can never draw something exactly the way I imagine it:(

I am also fond of drawing.:)
Sometimes I think very few people can draw exactly what they want. As for me, I have the same problem :hea: + another one - I can never imagine in detale the future picture. That's why the result is always a surprize and a compromise

RAID
10-10-06, 13:47
Might sound nerdy, but I'm good at writing.

Not as in hand writing :p, but stories.

Neteru
10-10-06, 13:47
I have a talent for offending people. Does that count? :cln:

Tomb Raider Master
10-10-06, 13:48
Drewy:
If I entered a competition to be myself I'd come second.
LOL! :D Who's first then? :p

About my talents, I have a few of them, but I don't know should I call them that way... :p

MiCkiZ88
10-10-06, 13:50
:vlol: @ Neteru.. dont forget the talent to close threads Net :pi:

hm.. I seem to have a talent to know what people are going to say before they say it.. could be that I can read people? meh? :pi:

Bullethail
10-10-06, 13:54
Might sound nerdy, but I'm good at writing.

Not as in hand writing , but stories.

Nerdy? My foot. As I said, I do some writing too!

xMyrax
10-10-06, 14:32
Uhm, I can sing but thats a talent I keep for myself X) I never share it much oO; Besides singing, I can dance, act and make/edit videos X3 And thats it..I think xD

Mona Sax
10-10-06, 14:33
I play the piano. I'll prove it if you buy me a microphone and/or webcam. ;)

star girl
10-10-06, 14:56
Nothing much of a talent. I really like to talk, about stupid things even repeat them till my parents screamed (virtually, of course). Well, my interests differed greatly from my family, so I basically went on about school experiences. In case my only sister didn't listen, I'd keep it in. From here I get the ability to talk.

I was the best debator in my class, till I joined art college. I guess that's my talent; to talk.

Thorn
10-10-06, 14:59
I'm very flexible and almost double jointed. I can walk on my hands and put my legs behind my head. *everyone shoves me into a suitcase* :D

Cochrane
10-10-06, 15:34
I am good at programming. Not very good, but good enough to impress my friends, and that's what matters anyway. :D

If you want to try, you can download a very, very early (and crappy) demo of my work here: http://www.ferroequinologist.de/en/blog/2006/09/Testphase+beginnt

Mad Tony
10-10-06, 15:41
hm.. I seem to have a talent to know what people are going to say before they say it.. could be that I can read people? meh? :pi:

I can do that with certain members of the forum. :pi: :p
Maybe I know them to well? :p

But sometimes, I'm thinking of something, and it randomly pops up somewhere like on the radio etc.

JamesFKirk
10-10-06, 16:44
Mathematics, foreing languages, writing, spatial imagination (..? I don't think it's translated right, but...), common imagination, 3d graphics. And boasting ;) :D

jarhead
10-10-06, 16:47
are you talking about spacial awareness??

hmmmm I'm good at most things in the classroom, and am good at seeing the other side of things on certain discussions

MiCkiZ88
10-10-06, 16:57
am good at seeing the other side of things on certain discussions
oh crap.. better stop talking with you then :pi:

Ada the Mental
10-10-06, 16:59
If the offence is witty and not "Hey you're an idiot" of course it counts!;) :mis:

ANoDE
10-10-06, 16:59
It is said, that I'm quite good at listening to people and that I'm able to understand their needs / feelings quite fast - often without them mentioning ;)
When it comes to handwork, I'm not so useful (which is one reason, why I am a computer programmer and not a brick-layer *grin*).

jackali
10-10-06, 17:04
confusing people
having philisophical discussions on a daily basis
playing TR
double jointed fingers and arms - does that count as a talent?
rallying people for a cause with persuasive speech
creative writing

Legend of Lara
10-10-06, 18:43
I'm good at drawing. :whi:

rika2
10-10-06, 18:45
Music, composing, playing guitar, writing, building levels for many games, programming, in bed, you name it...

pinklaralover
10-10-06, 18:46
my talents are..
singing..
dancing..
literacy..
art..
running...
netball...
and posibley being a naughty gal n moady!:cln: :hea: :)

BoyTRaider
10-10-06, 18:50
I guess! :p

But just to clarify your point, offend me! I wanna see how good you are at it. ;)

Rickh
10-10-06, 18:51
I really dont know :o

Neteru
10-10-06, 19:05
I guess! :p

But just to clarify your point, offend me! I wanna see how good you are at it. ;)Haha :D OK, I'll catch you when you're least expecting it, for maximum effect. :p :mis:

saray
10-10-06, 19:13
i have a talent to be talentless... :(

da tomb raider!
10-10-06, 19:21
i have a talent to be talentless... :(
I find that highly unlikely...

tampi
10-10-06, 20:30
Dunno, I have that to repair always things of another people :)
and I also open up and I close the eyes very well :cln: :D

Thorir
10-10-06, 20:41
I´m a fantastic liar. I deserve an Oscar for all the acting I do. :D

Legends
10-10-06, 21:54
I'm very sporty..

Catapharact
10-10-06, 21:56

Hardly. Bet ya 50 Euros that I can one-up ya ;).

Talents? Well to sound as less pompous as I can; Too many to list.

Thorir
10-10-06, 21:56
I'm very sporty..

I was too, when I was in school. :D
Athletic and good in everything. And brutal. :cln:

Legends
10-10-06, 22:00
I was too, when I was in school. :D
Athletic and good in everything. And brutal. :cln:

Why aren't you now?

I like running, I was always afraid of getting fat, so I didn't eat, I would just go out and run... It's silly, I know...but now I have a nice body.. :ton:

Thorir
10-10-06, 22:02
Why aren't you now?

I like running, I was always afraid of getting fat, so I didn't eat, I would just go out and run... It's silly, I know...but now I have a nice body.. :ton:

:cln:

Well, you had to do physical education in school, and after that, you just dont get to run around after a ball or something anymore... I only do jogging, yoga and walking now.

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-10-06, 22:02
I guess one of my talents is writing; I've always been told I had a 'knack' for it. I enjoy doing it too, so it's a plus. :p

Legends
10-10-06, 22:21
:cln:

Well, you had to do physical education in school, and after that, you just don´t get to run around after a ball or something anymore... I only do jogging, yoga and walking now.

Yeah... I know what you mean... I love running after a ball .....then I actually go Crazy:cln:

jarhead
10-10-06, 22:24
how can you'se like P.E, in my class its 'you win' or you ' lose and feel your life is over'

however we are doig dodge ball, and I don't doge :D

I have a talent for guessing peoples gossip

Draco
11-10-06, 01:19
I am multi talented. That takes talent.

Legends
11-10-06, 01:20
Å Kyss meg i rævva!

Thorir
11-10-06, 01:23
Kyss meg i rvva!

Do you mean kyssE? :D
You must be bendy!

Legends
11-10-06, 01:24
Do you mean kyssE? :D
You must be bendy!

That's a secret... :mis:

ILG49ers
11-10-06, 01:53
That's a good question...ah...I don't know! :(

I'm athletic, but I'm not really great at any sport, and besides sports I really don't know what else I'm talented at doing. :o

Kamrusepas
11-10-06, 01:54
I guess one of my talents is writing; I've always been told I had a 'knack' for it. I enjoy doing it too, so it's a plus. :p
Same here. I had this amazing teacher who told me I'm a great writer, and it really encouraged me to write even more.

On another note, I seem to be able to manipulate people. Make them do stuff for me. Guess that's a talent :p

GodOfLight
11-10-06, 02:14
On another note, I seem to be able to manipulate people. Make them do stuff for me. Guess that's a talent :p

it is

BoyTRaider
11-10-06, 02:55
People say I'm talented at singing and acting, but I'm not really sure. Either way, I'm practicing to getting as close as talent in playing a piano! :D

Celephais
11-10-06, 10:34
I don't have any particular talent that is going to impress too many I'm afraid, Can't draw, sing, play an instrument etc. But I'm not bad at games requiring hand eye co-ordiantion, which does include Tomb Raider (Some of those forward jump/ backflip/ sidejump/ grab ledges combos are killers...) I'm also quite good at computer racing simulations, (the ones that stress realism like Grand Prix Legends) which is a degree of hand eye co-ordination I suppose. I'm decent enough at chess, although that's more from years of studying rather than natural talent. Not grandmaster or even master strength, but I like to think of myself as like the Energizer Bunny.

For some reason when I was at school I was great at basketball but abysmal at football. :whi:

Lara Croft!
11-10-06, 12:06
If rolling your tongue is considered as a talent,than that's mine!!!:D :D :D

Janny
11-10-06, 12:14
^ I can roll my tongue too :D

Oh, I'm multi-talented, I can annoy people so much that I become invisible for some, they just can't seem to notice me hmm... wonder why? And I can pett my cat so good that she.... *drumroll please* purrs! And if drink too much and I need to go to the bathroom I can hold it for about 8 hours

On a more serios note, I like to think I can write poetry kinda good, well a few told me that, so not so sure.

Lara Croft!
11-10-06, 12:31
^ I can roll my tongue too :D

So much for my unique talent...I'm useless....*kills self*

Thorir
11-10-06, 12:48
I can roll my tounge too. :p

I´m pretty good at cooking too. :)
But would maybe not go so far as to say talented...

Anubis_AF
11-10-06, 13:14
Drawing, along wth other things not needed to be listed.

Pipolinne
11-10-06, 13:16
Drawing, along wth other things not needed to be listed.

We never get to know the really interesting stuff :D!

Scottlee
11-10-06, 13:17
I can say out loud the names of all 21 James Bond films (in order of release), in less than 12 seconds.

Mikel Croft
11-10-06, 13:22
I'm not very talented at all. :o

jackles
11-10-06, 16:04
I write short spooky stories but I guess I had better not post the link cos it's on another site and I dont want to get in trouble for spamming! :)

Nicky
11-10-06, 16:57
I have a perfect musical ear :)

Oh, and also I read minds :whi:

jackali
11-10-06, 17:00
Oh, and also I read minds :whi:

that's very useful!

Neteru
11-10-06, 17:03
I have a perfect musical ear
And what tunes does it play? :cln:

Bullethail
11-10-06, 17:04
So what am I thinking?:p

Nicky
11-10-06, 17:09
And what tunes does it play? :cln:
Nightwish tunes :ton: :D

So what am I thinking?:p
Can't see atm, there seems to be some interpolation :D :p

Anubis_AF
11-10-06, 17:55
We never get to know the really interesting stuff :D!

Awww :D
Well, we could use PMs for that :mis:

BoyTRaider
11-10-06, 18:44
I'm not very talented at all. :o
You're creative with Photoshop so that would be considered a talent. :p

And Nicky, I think I need to hire you for some missions I have in my mind. :mis:

Real Life Lara
11-10-06, 18:57
o_O Hmm... er... Ive never really thought about it to be honest :p Im pretty good at English (Writing etc) if that counts? I can play the Piano pretty well too, and Im improving on my video making :) That's about it really :p

Nicky
11-10-06, 19:00
And Nicky, I think I need to hire you for some missions I have in my mind. :mis:

Anytime :mis: :p

BoyTRaider
11-10-06, 23:52
LOL :D

off topic: Awesome avatar btw. :wve:

xXanisa*raiderXx
12-10-06, 02:21
I play violin, piano (continuing my lessons), I sing a little, did a little acting (still can), karate, and soon I am starting 2 go 2 a dance class of capoera(sp?), I think it's a brazilian dance :confused: , I'm not sure.

Lone Raider
12-10-06, 08:31
I play violin, piano (continuing my lessons), I sing a little, did a little acting (still can), karate, and soon I am starting 2 go 2 a dance class of capoera(sp?), I think it's a brazilian dance :confused: , I'm not sure.

Capoeira is a form of martial arts, developed from dancing. :wve:

I'm a singer/songwriter, composer, and I do a lot of grafical stuff as well, but that's restricted to making Sims 2 things at the moment. :)

Nicky
12-10-06, 12:26
LOL :D

off topic: Awesome avatar btw. :wve:

Ta :D It helps me read minds better :p

BoyTRaider
12-10-06, 19:44
Lol Nicky :p

Capoeira is a form of martial arts, developed from dancing. :wve:

I'm a singer/songwriter, composer, and I do a lot of grafical stuff as well, but that's restricted to making Sims 2 things at the moment. :)
And yeah, capoeira is Brazilian... I'm from Brazil so I would know. And you're right, we use dance to make the opponent feel a sense of false security. ;)

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-10-06, 19:57
Video games :jmp:

ILG49ers
12-10-06, 20:00
Video games :jmp:

Hey, if that counts as talent, that's one of my talents too! :D

Hey Mel, if I can recall, you have a really nice singing voice! Isn't that one of your talents? ;)

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-10-06, 20:07
Thank you :o

Hybrid Soldier
12-10-06, 20:10

I'm better. ;) :p
Just kidding...or am i?

That would be pretty much the only thing. It counts because games depend (at least the ones i play) depend on fast finger movements and strategy. :D

Legends
12-10-06, 20:11
I'm am amazing in bed! :mis:

Hybrid Soldier
12-10-06, 20:12

Oh jeez....haha, i'm not quite sure i wanted to hear that.

Legends
12-10-06, 20:15
Oh jeez....haha, i'm not quite sure i wanted to hear that.

Why?

Hybrid Soldier
12-10-06, 20:16
Why?

Never mind. :wve: :)

Legends
12-10-06, 20:17
Never mind. :wve: :)

No, tell me.

thepetemaster
12-10-06, 20:19
I can say out loud the names of all 21 James Bond films (in order of release), in less than 12 seconds.

Lmao - you can beat my personal best Scott haha.

I'm a great cook aswell, house-trained, writer, sailor, artist, and champion Goldeneye Tournament Winner 1998 :)

I also have a talent for always being right.
(my 'ex' didn't agree though ;) )

Thorir
12-10-06, 20:28

Im delighted to hear that!!! :D

Legends
12-10-06, 20:33
Im delighted to hear that!!! :D

I bet! :p

Thorir
12-10-06, 20:36
I´m just... Er...
Glad for you! :p

Legends
12-10-06, 20:37
Nice..

BoyTRaider
12-10-06, 21:02
Nice to see how this thread turned out... :(

jarhead
12-10-06, 21:05

I'm sorry but with the memebrs on this forum, it was never gonna be what ever you want threads to turn out like

However I restrained myself form posting my inner talents :D

Thorir
12-10-06, 21:07
Don´t ask questions if you don´t want the answer. ;)

Natla'd
12-10-06, 21:18
I don't have any talents. I'm fantastic at everything. :D

egyptiangal
12-10-06, 21:21
umm..i can sing the whole song of Monty Python's Knights of the Round Table! :p

Legends
12-10-06, 21:29

Really, what is wrong with it...?

Ada the Mental
12-10-06, 23:40
There's another thing I'm really good at: freaking my cousin and best friend out with spooky stories combimed with a bad sense of black humor! I can drive her nuts! She admitted that she's scared of me sometimes :mis: :D :mis:!