PDA

View Full Version : Acne on my chin!

Thorn
10-10-06, 02:32
:wve: First off just so everyone knows I've had a problem with acne off and on since I was 11. When it went away I got into modelling which boosted my self-esteem and I know my parents were happy that I was so happy. I visit an acne website since I got acne breakouts on my chin now. I have the money to buy 1,000 dollar creams though of course no one makes those kind of creams for acne. :( I believe I'm breaking out again because I exercise more than an hour a day. I enjoy it so much though because it's with my friends and we have a blast. Anyway that acne website hasn't helped me much and my dermatologist is recommending I get laser treatments. I'm afraid of the laser thing because I've read that some are bad and can disfigure (sp?) your skin. Before I resort to that does anyone know of any remedies? I'm feeling so insecure about it especially since I'm not getting results. Thanks if you can help me out. Later.

BoyTRaider
10-10-06, 02:38
Hi Clara! :hug:

Well, first of all, I also have acne problem. Since there was media and publicity praising ProActive, I gave it a try...and you know what, I rarely believe in these products, but it actually helped! My skin is much better.
have you tried ProActive before? :)

Tomb Raider 5194
10-10-06, 02:41
Hi Clara! :hug:

Well, first of all, I also have acne problem. Since there was media and publicity praising ProActive, I gave it a try...and you know what, I rarely believe in these products, but it actually helped! My skin is much better.
have you tried ProActive before? :)
Yeah supposedly it makes miracles, some of my sisters friends have tried and it has cleared there skin.

Thorn
10-10-06, 02:45
Hi Matt :hug: Nice to see you. I did use that but it didn't help. It just made me dry and made it worse. Also at acne.org most of the members bash it for it's advertising and say it doesn't work. Though some say it does and that's great for them. Thanks anyway. :hug: I scheduled an appointment for Fraxel laser on Friday and I'm afraid. I just really want to avoid it.

cococomics_pres
10-10-06, 02:59
For my acne troubles I just wash my face 2 times a day in the shower with a Neutrogena product called Rapidclear (i think) it's white with orange exfoliant things in it, then when I get out of the shower I dry my face and apply Neutrogena on-the-spot benzoyl peroxide lotion. Haven't had a problem yet, my face stays clear unless I neglect my routine! Good luck!

Andromeda66
10-10-06, 05:33
Hi Clara! long time no see :wve:

Acne could arise due to improper diet as well. Try and see if your diet is balanced and you take lots of roughage.

As for external treatment, Neem or Margosa is one of the most powerful blood purifiers and detoxifiers. You can take neem supplements or use a Neem-based soap.

For prevention, I would recommend pure aloe-vera gel twice a day on clean skin.

I don't know if you're allergic to any of the above so take care of that :wve:

GodOfLight
10-10-06, 05:53
i had acne problems a long long time ago. all over my face and my back.

i took a medication for an entire year. it had many side-effects, like fatigue, yet after taking that stuff for a year i looked perfect. not meaning to sound condescending, but seriously: my skin is smooth like never before, no scars or pits, and i never get any break outs ever again, even when i'm stressed.

if you have any chance of using a medication i defenetly would. i've never once had to think about acne or even the odd pimple ever again.

all the best.

Greenkey2
10-10-06, 13:40
Hey Clara :wve:

My ache has mostly cleared up, but I still get occasional breakouts (painful ones at that :() even though I'm now into my twenties.

The best thing I've found is witch hazel - specifically those Witch Sticks - which speeds up the spot cycle by about three or four days. So whenever I get tender areas of skin on my face, I keep dabbing it with the stick. It cools the swelling (wonderful) and the spot(s) is over and done with in about two days - instead of the four or five days it would normally take to heal.

Not a total solution (it doesn't prevent them appearing) but it is very good on problem areas :wve:

MiCkiZ88
10-10-06, 13:47
Agh.. I have a really bad acne problem in my back and it hurts when ever I lay down :( But the best solution so far I've found is pure sunlight and drinking lots of water.. but winter times suck :( usually then I just steal my step moms face products and that helps :D :p

hmm there seem to be some good tips here.. I've always thought about buying proactive but they sell it only in the tv shop.. wich kind of sucks.. does it really work that well? I tired some acne products but they dry my skin and make it itchy.. and thus make more dots appear..

RAID
10-10-06, 13:51
I wash my face 3 times a day using Protex or Eubos.

I also use creams on my skin like Brevoxyl and Panoxyl.

They helped clearing my skin.

I also recomend a skin doctor. That's what I did, he gave me anti-biotics and my skin was clear in 2 weeks.

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:01
I don´t have too much acne anymore, but I tried apple cider vinager not long ago! It is good for anything, really. Weightloss, good skin, hair, nails, digestion, colds, fatigue, insomnia... After two weeks or so, I noticed that my skin was REALLY nice and smooth and I´m convinced it is because of the apple cider vinager! I should try it again, actually! My only complaint is that it doesn´t exactly taste yummie. :D

Thorn
10-10-06, 14:01
I had body acne really young and it seemed to go away and not come back when I took birth control. Can't say that helps the guys unfortunately. Well yesterday I spent a hundred dollars on just random things like masks, scrubs, etc. The clerk thought I was nuts hehe. I'm applying ice to bring down the swelling. I'll try your guys suggestions too! :hug:

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:03
Different essensial oils might also work. :)

In my teens, I used lavinder oil on my skin, that helpes.
(It also makes you really relaxed, so use when going to bed, cause you´ll feel like a zombie) :D

BtoFu
10-10-06, 14:09
Creams don't really don't do much good at all, just another billion dollar industry built on pretense and 'miracles'. You should get the dermatologist to put you on a proper medical course like 'roaccutane', a very potent and lengthy pill prescription that'll dry out your skin. I took these for about 6 months when I was in highschool and for sure it's quite an unpleasant course - your lips get all chapped to hell and your nose becomes so dry you get nosebleeds. It is worth enduring however, cleared my skin right up and you'd never know I ever had any bother with it.

RAID
Fucidin is one of the best creams I used. It works over night, for me at least.

MiCkiZ88
Tea oil! That helps! my step mom bough some tea tree oil and that smells good and helped on my acne and skin problems..

RAID
10-10-06, 14:11
I'll try your guys suggestions too! :hug:

Just make sure you don't mix up oils and creams. My advice is to stick to just one treatment.

Thorn
10-10-06, 14:14
Where can I get tea tree oil?

Thorn
10-10-06, 14:16
Different essensial oils might also work. :)

In my teens, I used lavinder oil on my skin, that helpes.
(It also makes you really relaxed, so use when going to bed, cause you´ll feel like a zombie) :D
I love being a zombie when I need to take the edge off. :p

MiCkiZ88
10-10-06, 14:17
I dont know.. My step mom bought it from some shop wich has lots of natural oils and medicines ( dont know the name of the shop in english ).

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:19

You can probably get it and other essensial oils in a sort of natural health store... Where they sell ecological herbal tea and natural mineral make-up. I can´t think of a good English name for that kind of shop! A place that sells herbal or natural medicine.

Or Ebay. ;)

Thorn
10-10-06, 14:21
Probably a holistic shop or something. I'll probably find one in New York easily. *yay!* :)

MiCkiZ88
10-10-06, 14:23
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil

theres lots of intresting info on about tea tree oil :)

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:30
Probably a holistic shop or something. I'll probably find one in New York easily. *yay!* :)

I had it on my tounge/keyboard. :D
Thatīs the word. ;)

Some often used oils for acne:
Tea trea, Lavender, Rosewood, Cedarwood and Bergamot.

Kamrusepas
10-10-06, 14:31
Chamomile is also very good for the skin :)

Thorn
10-10-06, 14:33
I have herbal tea bags which have 12 herbs that detox the liver, blood etc. Haven't used them in ages but I'm sure they'll help. Well I didn't expect to get so many replies on acne! :)

Thorir
10-10-06, 14:43
Lots of people have/have had acne, so lots of people have tips. :)

And Kam is right, Chamomile is also good. Roman Chamomile in particular.

Thorn
10-10-06, 20:33
I found tea tree at this health store and I put it on a couple hours ago. I can see that a lot of the redness has gone. Still have bumps but less red. Let's just say awesome! :D Much better than ice.

Thorir
10-10-06, 20:36
Very good! :)
Natural stuff often work better than modern medicine. :)

Catapharact
10-10-06, 21:19
http://www.proactiv.com/

Had a friend who used this stuff. Told me it worked wonders. Don't know personally, but hey... its something.

Hurrah4Lara
10-10-06, 21:25
Lots of good advice^^:tmb:

Drink lots of water
Change pillowcases and towels frequently
Eat garlic:yik:

H4L:wve:

Kamrusepas
10-10-06, 21:27
Eat garlic:yik:

Really? That works too? Yummy! :D

Hurrah4Lara
10-10-06, 21:28
Really? That works too? Yummy! :D

:D Yeah, and it stops you getting colds!

Hehe, and it keeps the Vampires away!:D

H4L:wve:

Kamrusepas
10-10-06, 21:30
Hehe, and it keeps the Vampires away!:D

Yeah well, even the best of things have their downsides :(

Thorir
10-10-06, 22:25
Yeah well, even the best of things have their downsides :(

:D :D :D

Legends
11-10-06, 00:33
Garlic... Yuck! I rather be killed than eat that...!

AnthonyShock1515
21-10-06, 11:24
:wve: First off just so everyone knows I've had a problem with acne off and on since I was 11. When it went away I got into modelling which boosted my self-esteem and I know my parents were happy that I was so happy. I visit an acne website since I got acne breakouts on my chin now. I have the money to buy 1,000 dollar creams though of course no one makes those kind of creams for acne. :( I believe I'm breaking out again because I exercise more than an hour a day. I enjoy it so much though because it's with my friends and we have a blast. Anyway that acne website hasn't helped me much and my dermatologist is recommending I get laser treatments. I'm afraid of the laser thing because I've read that some are bad and can disfigure (sp?) your skin. Before I resort to that does anyone know of any remedies? I'm feeling so insecure about it especially since I'm not getting results. Thanks if you can help me out. Later.

Before you go ahead with this laser "treatment", I would try find other people accounts of what it did for them, and to find out if it worked on other people.

What you have to do is try not to use to many moisturisers. Try your best not to pick them, even if they are so bad that u must stay in the house. Try not to touch them and make sure your hands and face are cleaned.;)