PDA

View Full Version : Damn Royal Mail, Aka Snail Mail

Dazzy
10-10-06, 12:18
I'm really fed up at the moment, but I was super confident I would get my Sonic comics today, but as always there is always something that stops my dreams coming true. Pete (A mate of mine) has an online Comic company called Comical Games, and I ordered 3 Issues with free gifts. He told me theses would be sent Saturday, ok no problem. Monday arrives, and we get no post at all, but I see the postman, but he doesn't come to my house? I was really confident that my comics would come today, and as I speak, nothing has come, I haven't even seen the postman today. What is going on? Is it a bank holiday or something? Hell no! I am expecting two things via the post, my Warbury Shirt and some rare comics. I'm very dissapointed with Snail Mail.

da tomb raider!
10-10-06, 12:56
Too bad. Never count on the posties, that's what I say.

Legends
10-10-06, 13:11
Me too

Thorir
10-10-06, 13:22
I hate when I get a note from the post office that a packet has arrived for me, and I have to pick it up... Goodie my packet has arrived! :D

-"Sorry, your packet hasn´t arrived to THIS office yet..."
-"So why the bullocky bullocks did I get a note to pick it up?!"
-"Er... I dunno".

:hea:

da tomb raider!
10-10-06, 13:26
Lol, Thorir. :D

Dazzy
10-10-06, 13:56
Thankfully my comics arrived at around 2pm today, late post.

taika
10-10-06, 15:39
You think you have it bad! I have been waiting for something for 2 weeks... :hea:
...but then again it is coming from hong kong..:hea:

Kamrusepas
10-10-06, 15:41
Gee, give it a day or two. Having worked in the post office I can say that there are a lot of things that can slow it down [not really sure how it works in your country though].

Mad Tony
10-10-06, 15:48
That's British mail servies for you!
I once ordered a MGS2 cheat disck off ebay, and it never came.
But we got a refund fomr the person who sold it, so obviously it was Royal Mail's fault. :mad:

Dazzy
10-10-06, 16:11
I ordered this Warbury shirt on August 19th, and they told me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to arrive, we are in October now lol.

Alive_and_Funky
10-10-06, 19:03
Royal Mail is usually fine for me, and I use it quite often for games and wrestling figures. It usually takes about 2-3 days for my parcels to come, unless it's a Sunday or Bank Holiday or something.

ChocChipCookie
10-10-06, 19:12
Typical isn't it? You wait ages for something you really want but the electricity bill always arrives on time :mad:

Kamrusepas
10-10-06, 19:16
Why is it Royal Mail anyways? [Because it's a royal pain in the ass? :D]

We have a pretty decent post office here, things arrive more or less on time. I usually blame the sender anyways :p

Mad Tony
10-10-06, 19:17
Why is it Royal Mail anyways? [Because it's a royal pain in the ass? :D]

We have a pretty decent post office here, things arrive more or less on time. I usually blame the sender anyways :p
Because everything in Britian revolves around the high and mighty queen :rolleyes:

ace_85
10-10-06, 19:18
Typical isn't it? You wait ages for something you really want but the electricity bill always arrives on time :mad:

That reminds me of one of my favourite jokes, about the universal laws of physics - "Cheques you get sent in the mail will invariably be delayed, whereas unpaid bills travel at lightspeed" :D

ChocChipCookie
10-10-06, 19:23
That reminds me of one of my favourite jokes, about the universal laws of physics - "Cheques you get sent in the mail will invariably be delayed, whereas unpaid bills travel at lightspeed" :D

LOL, so true:D

Dazzy
10-10-06, 19:29
Recently, post has come fine, my parcels have arrived fine. Royal Mail must have an off day.

Gamer212
12-10-06, 08:23
Recently, post has come fine, my parcels have arrived fine. Royal Mail must have an off day.

Dazzy, I know th4 feeling glad those comix came through in the end:)

Dazzy
12-10-06, 10:01
Yea, glad you know how I'm feeling. I'm waiting for something else now. I hope the post arrives soon.

young Lara Croft
12-10-06, 10:56
'Snail Mail' <- :vlol:

Jamie18
12-10-06, 12:06
What irritates me is that the post comes at the time of day when the house is most likely to be empty :rolleyes:

It's very rare that there will be anyone in to sign for parcels, so I normally have to drive out and pick them up.