PDA

View Full Version : A really stupid photoshop question.

LaraCablara
12-10-06, 01:36
Ok, this questions is going to sound very dumb to you guys. But im just starting out with the program, and there is no better way to learn then to ask questions :)

People make these really fancy images where they merge to pics togther (like putting a squirrel next to Lara) what Im wondering is how do they do this? I copy and paste something into the photoshop page and I cant even move it around, when I select the little option on the bottom of the tool box and copy and paste the image it becomes transparent. What really confuses is me is how the image comes out so smooth like its meant to be there. (Unlike those white pixels on microsoft paint.) This is a perfect example of what I mean

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/7324/pimpofthedjunglefa2.jpg (not made by me O_O)

Please guys, Im trying my hardest and its just not working out, Im getting really discouraged :( No matter what I do my pictures look so average and dead.

jamieoliver22
12-10-06, 17:46
Make sure you have each image on a different layer.
Move the images around using the "Move Tool".
To get rid of the rough edges, use tools such as the eraser and pencil tools.

I have done quite a bit of photoshopping in my time, and am fairly good at photo manipulations (like what you are trying to do).

The best thing is, learn from tutorials and try out tools and methods. I will make one for you if you want, I enjoy photoshopping :p:D

Jamie.

LaraCablara
12-10-06, 23:46
Make sure you have each image on a different layer.
Move the images around using the "Move Tool".
To get rid of the rough edges, use tools such as the eraser and pencil tools.

I have done quite a bit of photoshopping in my time, and am fairly good at photo manipulations (like what you are trying to do).

The best thing is, learn from tutorials and try out tools and methods. I will make one for you if you want, I enjoy photoshopping :p:D

Jamie.

Oh I would love one, if you have the time of course :).

Joseph
13-10-06, 00:32
Here is a tutorial palace. http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1

:)

jamieoliver22
14-10-06, 21:04
Oh I would love one, if you have the time of course :).

I'll see what I can do.. What is it you would like doing?