PDA

View Full Version : im on xp and i still have vista files

abraham
13-10-06, 06:49
well dual boot didn work when installing xp over vista(its the other way around) anyway i got unwanted files that i hate! any program that gets rid of vista files!i only have 11gigs left

edit:wow windows folder holds almost 8gig,i need to delete that but it wont let me

Apofiss
13-10-06, 08:16
I would go with a clean format and fresh WinXP installation.. (even vista RC2 still is just a test thing..)

Lord Icon
13-10-06, 09:41
Yes, reformatting and reinstalling XP will take care of your problem.

abraham
13-10-06, 11:08
nah cant be bothered,i got 15gigs now,thats heaps,since i got got almost all my stuff from before. so it makes up for the low space.

Joseph
13-10-06, 17:49
well dual boot didn work when installing xp over vista(its the other way around) anyway i got unwanted files that i hate! any program that gets rid of vista files!i only have 11gigs leftVistaBootPro (http://www.vistabootpro.org/intro.php).

edit:wow windows folder holds almost 8gig,i need to delete that but it wont let meYes you didn't delete all because you can't. You probably installed Vista without following the instructions?
If you want to install Vista and later remove it without a trace, you need to install it on a seperate partition.