PDA

View Full Version : TR Times level patch?

Gabi
19-10-06, 13:36
I have finally downloaded the "Times Level", but when trying yo play it I encounter the "long loading" problem (it takes virtually minutes :rolleyes: ).
I have been looking for a patch to fix this, but so far to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you

Joseph
19-10-06, 14:07
Sorry Gabi, there exists no patch for the Times level. Just live with the long loading,... it's a short level, it compensates in a way. :)

Gabi
19-10-06, 14:25
Oh, I see :( . Well, I guess I'll have to live with it, then.

Thanks anyway Joseph :wve:

Gabi
19-10-06, 15:33
Half an hour later and the blooming level still has not loaded :hea: . I am usually very patient, but that is a bit too much.
When I start the game it loads very slowly but I can see and hear the first FMV. Then it starts loading the first level and as I said (even though slightly exaggerated) after 15 minutes the purple bar seems to be stuck. And not only that, but I can't get out of the game, not even with the Ctrl/Alt/Delete. Mind you, I only waited about another 15 minutes for that to work :mad: .

Enough ranting and raving now, what is the solution? Oh, and for your information: I have tried it 3 times now and rebooted in between, just in case.

EscondeR
19-10-06, 18:31
Hi Gabi :wve:
Can you post your Diagnose.exe results?

laralives
19-10-06, 19:27
i have an idea :D

for the slow loading times....

which i only used once and it worked for me...

and might work for you too gabi...
cuz i know u use the tomb raider level editor to play games...

abd you have the XP patch for loading times..if your running on XP ;)

go to the times directory..by default it should be...

C:/Program Files/Core Design

move "the Times to your desktop but leave the "Core Design" window open...

Now open the C:/Program Files/Core Design/trle

open "The Times Folder" and there will be folders just like LE and copy everything to where it should be or move and run it...

It should work and if it doesn't then sorry :(

Gabi
19-10-06, 21:08
Thanks Esconder, but it won't be necessary anymore. Laralives' idea did the trick :D .

Thank you very much Laralives :wve: .

Joseph
19-10-06, 21:15
Interesting. :) Gabi do me a favour will you and describe exactly what you did, step by step? :)

Gabi
19-10-06, 21:57
Played it :tmb: .
Thanks again to all of you.

@ Joseph: I opened both my (copy of) TRLE and "The Times" level folders and copied all the files from the latter into the corresponding folders in the first. (you know: audio files into audio folder, dat. files into dat. folder. Script dat. and English dat. into main folder)
Then I clicked on tomb4.exe and.........played :D .

Joseph
19-10-06, 22:05
Thank you. I will try this tomorrow. :)

Tomb Raider Master
19-10-06, 22:26
So you actually "installed" it as a custom level? Sneaky, yet crafty. :mis: :p

Thanks for the tip! :tmb: :wve:

Gabi
19-10-06, 22:37
Yes, I did, but it was not my idea in the first place. Laralives suggested it.
Btw., it made me able to play the level (before, the loading screen always got stuck), but the level still took relatively long to load.

laralives
20-10-06, 00:12
...which i only used once and it worked for me...

Plz read more carefully next time :p :tea:

Well yeah as u can see i hav tried it before and that worked for me :D

Gabi
20-10-06, 13:52
Plz read more carefully next time :p :tea:

Well yeah as u can see i hav tried it before and that worked for me :D

Was that directed at me? :confused:

I am not complaining, not at all. On the contrary: I am sooo glad that I have been able to play the level now, and even though the loading time was still longer than usual, it was reduced from virtually minutes to seconds. So I am more than pleased with your suggestion.

I only pointed out that it was originally your idea, because I did not want to crown myself with somebody else's laurels.

laralives
20-10-06, 14:31
Was that directed at me? :confused:

I am not complaining, not at all. On the contrary: I am sooo glad that I have been able to play the level now, and even though the loading time was still longer than usual, it was reduced from virtually minutes to seconds. So I am more than pleased with your suggestion.

I only pointed out that it was originally your idea, because I did not want to crown myself with somebody else's laurels.

NO it wasn't it was at Tomb Raider Master :)

I meant it as a joke becuz he probably thought you yourself had only tried it because i said..."I have an IDEA!" :D

:cln: :cln: :cln: :cln: :cln:

Well i'm glad it worked for you too :D
Enjoy!

:wve: