PDA

View Full Version : Of all games, why tomb raider?

TR2fan
28-10-06, 04:31
I just wanna know your opinion, of all games why TR is one of your favorite games..

and also, why is TR so hard to edit, like Jedi Academy, you could edit the weapons firing speed and rate, the skin, and walk through walls, why couldn't someone be skilled enough to do something like this for TR, why is there no such downloads for flying in mid air, grenade launchers with the speed of unzi guns?

If no one else wants to create such a download for any TR games, then I should be the 1st to do so..

Have a great day!

TR2fan
28-10-06, 04:32
Btw, I hope everybody here know what skinning is... Since no one has ever done it here in any TR games before..

TR2fan
28-10-06, 05:03
man i swear this forum has lazy ****s who view and not post.

Legends
28-10-06, 05:31
SERIOUSLY TR2fan: You need to learn how to behave on this forum!

TR is one of the first games I got, and I liked it then, and I love it now!

Ikas90
28-10-06, 09:03
Do you mind swearing and calling us lazy?

Yeah, anyway, I like Tomb Raider because it provides a great challenge, and confusion in various parts of the game. This game is a puzzle in almost every section with lots of action. Occasionally when fighting some enemies, there is skill involved, and it's always dangerous wherever you are.

The reason I like Tomb Raider is mainly because it's adventurous, and I would like to be an adventurer myself, which I am already practising. I go out in the wild often, and I love what I do.

There, that's lazy for you.

Lone Raider
28-10-06, 09:32
You seem to be very impatient, but I'm going to ignore that and answer your question, because I like it.

My main reasons for loving TR:

1) empty screen (no radar, lots of inventory and stuff)
2) silence where silence belongs
3) Easter Sunday with every Raid - I just love finding things :)
4) gorgeous places and pretty treasure to be found
5) Lara's attitude.

About your modding ideas, I don't think the classical games need modding in the weapons department. In my eyes, it's not about the weapons at all.

ivannnnn
28-10-06, 09:36
Beautiful Lara and place :cln:

tampi
28-10-06, 10:33
You seem to be very impatient, but I'm going to ignore that and answer your question, because I like it.

My main reasons for loving TR:

1) empty screen (no radar, lots of inventory and stuff)
2) silence where silence belongs
3) Easter Sunday with every Raid - I just love finding things :)
4) gorgeous places and pretty treasure to be found
5) Lara's attitude.

About your modding ideas, I don't think the classical games need modding in the weapons department. In my eyes, it's not about the weapons at all.

Absolutely Ok :)

viper456
28-10-06, 10:39
erm someone needs to look at the stats for this forum i think :p

I dont know why i like tomb raider really.

i like the fact theres a female lead, who is basically kick-ass. I dont know at the time it was different to other games. They are jsut fun games to play

Rivendell
28-10-06, 11:00
Btw, I hope everybody here know what skinning is... Since no one has ever done it here in any TR games before..

Ever seen TR Search . Org (http://www.trsearch.org/) ? Plenty of downloadable things there - even weapon skins.

Mad Tony
28-10-06, 11:05
man i swear this forum has lazy ****s who view and not post. You hardly waited half an hour, and at this time of the day the forums are usually quite empty.
:rolleyes:

In answer to your question:
Lara is very stylish, attractive and a good character
Very intense storyline and levels (the originals anyway)
Very good music that fits in with the level
Very good atmosphere and good sound.

Betal
28-10-06, 11:22
my reasons:

Tomb raider where the first 3D games I ever played
I love the music
many exotic places
many hard puzzles
Laras attitude
adventure is my types of games

Neteru
28-10-06, 11:51
man i swear this forum has lazy ****s who view and not post.Firstly, you need to read This (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/announcement.php?f=13) announcement, paying particular attention to the section on censorship.

Secondly, you need to read the Terms & Conditions (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item_tandc) to learn what is acceptable here.

Thirdly, try to get a copy of 'How to win friends and influence people' I'm sure you'll find it a useful read.

To the topic at hand. It is the first 3D game I played that didn't make me vomit. So I was able to continue playing it and get thoroughly acquainted with it.

viper456
28-10-06, 11:54
Firstly, you need to read This (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/announcement.php?f=13) announcement, paying particular attention to the section on censorship.

Secondly, you need to read the Terms & Conditions (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item_tandc) to learn what is acceptable here.

Thirdly, try to get a copy of 'How to win friends and influence people' I'm sure you'll find it a useful read.

To the topic at hand. It is the first 3D game I played that didn't make me vomit. So I was able to continue playing it and get thoroughly acquainted with it.

:vlol: lmao Neteru I actually live for your posts

Love your reason for playing lol

Neteru
28-10-06, 12:11
It's true though. I used to play Doom before that, but could only handle it for a very short time before I literally became motion sick. :D

tombraider123
28-10-06, 12:16
I just played it and I had never played anything like it, I was hooked after that :)

Anubis_AF
28-10-06, 12:16
Because I love archaeology and adventurous explorations where you encounter dangerous creatures, traps, etc.. And you get to shoot people.

viper456
28-10-06, 12:17
It's true though. I used to play Doom before that, but could only handle it for a very short time before I literally became motion sick. :D

aww as if :(

YAY for tomb raider then :p lol

im also waiting for someone to say "i like big boobs" lol

jamieoliver22
28-10-06, 12:43

Firstly, we do have lives other than sitting around posting on forums 24/7. And I appciate it if you didn't call us lazy and swear, like posts above, you need to improve your manners. And also, plese edit your posts in future, FFS.

And the reason I go into Tomb Raider was just that it was unlike any other games around, and just felt enjoyable to play.

Ikas90
28-10-06, 12:51

Mate, I don't complain when people don't answer my posts. I'm the most patient person in the world, for all I know.

MiCkiZ88
28-10-06, 13:13
to answer the question why I like tomb raider games:

- I always prefer female characters over male characters
- Adventuring & exploring is a large + side of the games, Even better if it has action.
- Storyline. Even though it didnt play such a huge role in the first games it was really intresting and kept me going.
- History, archeology & myths also made me like the game even more.
- Slow gameplay rather than fast ''kill em all'' type gameplay with great athmosphere and beautifull, large locations & mythical, historic enemies/animals.

I think those are the main reasons why I started playing Tomb Raider and why I fell in love with it.

StarCroft:AOD
28-10-06, 14:09

Nice language. :rolleyes:

Games are my passion, and I like being drawn into them, a beautiful and unexplainable feeling, and TR is just a great example, of those games.

in these arms
28-10-06, 15:40
TR2Fan, Patience leads to answers.

TR is on top of my favourite type of game because! I fell in love with it, the first game was great, so I played them all! :D

Mr.Burns
28-10-06, 15:48
to answer the question why I like tomb raider games:

- I always prefer female characters over male characters
- Adventuring & exploring is a large + side of the games, Even better if it has action.
- Storyline. Even though it didnt play such a huge role in the first games it was really intresting and kept me going.
- History, archeology & myths also made me like the game even more.
- Slow gameplay rather than fast ''kill em all'' type gameplay with great athmosphere and beautifull, large locations & mythical, historic enemies/animals.

I think those are the main reasons why I started playing Tomb Raider and why I fell in love with it.

That sums up my reasons quite nicely:)

Shark_Blade
28-10-06, 16:08
I like the adventure Miss Croft had. Really different from the other games at that time. And the levels are complicated and not straight forward like a stroll in the park.

Lew
28-10-06, 16:22
Cause I grew up with it.
Best Game Ever.

Angelx14
28-10-06, 22:10
Because it's my first game I ever liked. After TR2 I felt in love with the TR.:D

spence
29-10-06, 08:33
TR2 came with my PSX, played it for 20 minutes and was hooked.

in these arms
29-10-06, 08:35
Mate, I don't complain when people don't answer my posts. I'm the most patient person in the world, for all I know.

Heck! Man, I posted 2 threads and they died with exactly 0 posts in them, did you ever hear me complain!?!

Sorry for the off-topic. Continue.

Laras Backpack
29-10-06, 08:39
I fell in love with TR a year before I even played it. My friends had two games for their PS. One was TR2 and the other was football. Since I hate football I always wanted to watch them play TR2 instead. I found it a really fun game to watch.
But when I played the game for the first time I realised it was evern more exciting to actually control Lara yourself. :D
The games are well made and beautiful to look at. The puzzles, the exploration, Lara herself- total class.
I also love archaeology and ancient cultures so really TR could have been made for me. ;)

TR2fan
30-10-06, 06:58
Ok thanks for your comments, at that TR skins download page. I love your advices, and I am 1/2 Loser 1/2 human so sorry for being impatient and swearing.

I just want to mod the hell out of my tomb raider game and have npcs following and fighting on my side, etc.

Nephili
30-10-06, 10:39
The reason i love it so much is...

1. The Levels and environments she explores.
2. The story.
3. The action.
4. And the most important factor of all, Lara Croft! :D:D

TR2fan
30-10-06, 12:50
For now its TR II, but many people have pursuaded me not to buy Legend, they say its like a mixture of Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider.

Arch
30-10-06, 13:55
they say its like a mixture of Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider.
:vlol: How can they even think about something so stupid... :ton:

Rivendell
30-10-06, 14:15
Wow! I'd never thought of that actually - the linearness certainly feels very Crash Bandicoot like, though you can go back on yourself in legend. Well, maybe you can in Crash now - I only played the first one.

rika2
30-10-06, 14:38

it also has a lot of n00bs who think they know everything and get banned...

I like TR because I do... As simple as that.

Ampersand
30-10-06, 14:42
I like Tomb Raider for the settings, the atmosphere, the adventure, and the diverse gameplay. An intriguing and charismatic lead character is a nice bonus.

Quite possibly the funniest post I've seen in a while. L - O - L.

TR2fan
03-11-06, 06:15
Wow! I'd never thought of that actually - the linearness certainly feels very Crash Bandicoot like, though you can go back on yourself in legend. Well, maybe you can in Crash now - I only played the first one.

Im still deciding if I should buy Legend, but I saw the gameplay on youtube, and it does kinda look like Crash Bandicoot. It doesn't look as tactical as the originals (which got old).

Lone Raider
03-11-06, 06:55
If you like the style of the classic games and want new grafix, I recommend playing custom levels to you. check www.trle.net for further info. Also, here in the modding section (Level editor forum) you'll find many people who will be able to help you.

Legend is more like a Barbie Lara stuck in a moment she can never get out of. I don't recommend it. ;)

Lara Croft!
03-11-06, 14:03
Lara:She is a sexy woman who can kick ass !!!!!
Concept:An archaeologist going all around the world exploring
Moves:I just love the controls and the moves Lara does.The controlled running jumps,the walk button which never allows you to fall
Habbit:TRII was my first game so I kinda learned videogames through TR

Tomb Raider Jay
03-11-06, 19:15
I got TR for my christmas along with my PS1 back in 1996. I was nine then and TR was the first, yes that's right my very first videogame ever and it was a dream come true... :D

Since then I've played almost every TR game, at least all the games on PS1.
TR:AoD was the reason I got a PS2 over an Xbox - damit I wish I hadn't done that now...

I did play AoD and I thought it wasn't a total ass game, but the bugs and weird stuff did eventually lead me to think TR could never come good again...

Until....Legend restored alittle faith in TR for me and now I hope the series goes on to become what it once was, a true classic!!