PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 Problem!

Trust In Trent
28-10-06, 11:27
I have a problem. I have recently downloaded the EA Downloader on my pc, and I am not getting any good results? I was wondering do I have to have all of the sims 2 games to run a add on edition of the game. And I am also getting an error windows media player says I require a DVD Decoder to run the DVD for the game? and it's not working. Anybody have any ideas on how I could go about fixing this problem

Please help I would be greatful.

Mad Tony
28-10-06, 11:28
This should be in the tech support section. ;)

You could have a problem with your DVD drive, i'm not too sure.
Could you describe it more fully?

Trust In Trent
28-10-06, 11:42
well the problem is.. The Dvd is not picking up properly, I got to install the game Sims 2 Famliy fun stuff. It says please insert the Sims 2 Dvd?, is this the bonus edition DVD? or is it a completely different DVD? just need to ask?

If so all I need to do is go buy the actual game again since the blue disc I have is completely screwed over anyway.

???? so

whats the problem?

Neteru
28-10-06, 11:55
Moving to Technical Support. ...

Mad Tony
28-10-06, 12:11
well the problem is.. The Dvd is not picking up properly, I got to install the game Sims 2 Famliy fun stuff. It says please insert the Sims 2 Dvd?, is this the bonus edition DVD? or is it a completely different DVD? just need to ask?

If so all I need to do is go buy the actual game again since the blue disc I have is completely screwed over anyway.

???? so

whats the problem?
Ahh.
What it means is, insert your copy of The Sims 2.
Not and expansion pack, just The Sims 2.

Lone Raider
28-10-06, 12:42
The Family Fun Stuff Add On is nothing but a collection of new objects. There is no engine to run the game with, or any game engine modifications. Hence, you need the CD of the latest Edition you installed: Sims2, or University, Nightlife, Open for Business or Pets. All these are proper Expansion Packs. The Christmas Add On is also just a collection of seasonal objects. Hope that helps. :)

sorry, read you post again, are you saying you don't even have the Sims 2 Original game installed? Then you have no use for the Family Add On whatsoever.

Trust In Trent
28-10-06, 13:02
I do have the orginal game installed. Sorry for any confusion

Lone Raider
29-10-06, 14:17
ah. you're ok then :)