PDA

View Full Version : Problems with MSN voice conversation

Gabi
29-10-06, 15:36
Hi :wve:

Lately I have got a problem with it - basically it does not work.
Whenever I try to iniciate a voice conversation or accept an invite to one, I get the following message:
Your computer, Internet provider, or network may not support Voice Conversations or video conferences.

The strange thing is that it used to work fine a couple of months ago (I don't use it very often). And I don't recall changing any settings.

Of course, being the tech freak that I am, I don't even know where to look for a solution in the first place.
Could someone, please, point me in the right direction (yet again :o )?

Thank you.

Joseph
29-10-06, 18:29
Hi Gabi. Didn't you have a Logitech webcam with inbuilt microphone? I remember that is muted by default, you have to look for it while making a connection that is accepted by the other person.

The message you get is just a standard message, don't worry about it.

I have not installed MSN for almost a year now, so can't check atm.

Gabi
29-10-06, 18:40
Hi Joseph,

how on earth do you remember all these details????

Yes, we do have a Logitech web cam, but it is still on David's PC.
But you know what? I have just downloaded Skype and I am about to install that. If it works all right ( and I presume it will, because so far I have only heard positive comments about it), then I will get rid of MSN all together. I never have been happy with it anyway and only installed it, because at the time some of my dear ones in Germany were using it. But these days they all have changed to Skype.

Sorry to have bothered you in the first place.
:hug:

Joseph
29-10-06, 18:47
:) Hey that's all right you never bother me. :hug:

I understand that Skype is becoming more popular. But does it work with a camera as well? :confused:

I remember the MSN conversations via webcam went very well! :tmb:

Lara Lover
29-10-06, 18:50
Skype is mic/webcam and you ring people by their proper telephone numbers. :)

jamieoliver22
29-10-06, 18:51
My 2 cents.. The newer Skype does have webcam support..

And why Im here.. How are you Joseph? Havent exactly spoke to you in a while :D

Joseph
29-10-06, 19:21
Oh fine, Jamie! :D :wve: With you too i hope. :)

jamieoliver22
29-10-06, 19:23
Yeah, Im good thanks :D Anyway.. This thread sould really go back on topic.. But meh..

What have you been up to lately? Any plots to take over the world? No? Shame.. :D:p

itfc82
03-11-06, 20:39
When some 1 sends me a Webcam invite on MSN I accept it, and it starts to connect then it sais. such N such has stopped viewing webcam. I have had this problem ever since I downloaded Windows Live Messenger and Plus. So I decided to Restore my Computer from when i first downloaded it. Still no luck. and the weird thing is I can only view my 2 best friends webcams. but no 1 elses. I have also checked my firewall settings and they all seam normal. Apart from rebooting my computer does any 1 know how to fix this?:hea: