PDA

View Full Version : Singing lessons!

peffect
31-10-06, 13:29
Hi everyone
Me and my friends are going to make a band,a band of three,and I'll be the vocalist,I'm also the one who's gonna write the songs
That's why I'm singing everyday,everytime,but I think I've some difficulties in expressing my voice,I mean I can't control it well while getting high notes
It's a lil bit complicated and don't ask me to show you how do I sing:o ,all what I need from you guys is some help,otherwise,they'll look for another vocalist :(
So cud you plz give me something like videos,links to some sites something to download or any lesson or even some advices(for those who know) that may help me in improving my voice capacities or to control my notes hold my breath and how to scream well(I say scream ?) things like that.
I thought i've seen a thread over here talking bout oversinging and it looked so interesting,so any good ideas or things as I said we help me will be welcome
plz help me,you're gonna be the reason for the success of our band:)

peffect
31-10-06, 18:30
No help ?

Mad Tony
31-10-06, 18:32
Don't bump threads.
Maybe nobody could offer you help.

Night Crawler
31-10-06, 18:35
If you can't sing, you can't sing. You've either got it or you haven't. ;)

peffect
31-10-06, 18:36
Don't bump threads.
Maybe nobody could offer you help.
*weeps* not even you ?

Mad Tony
31-10-06, 18:38
*weeps* not even you ?
Nope.
Sorry.

peffect
If you can't sing, you can't sing. You've either got it or you haven't. ;)
I don't call this help:o

Mad Tony
I don't call this help:o
No, he's got a point.
;)

rika2
31-10-06, 18:41
http://www.ilearnmusic.com

you write the songs? you mean you compose em? what's the band's style?

peffect
31-10-06, 18:41
No, he's got a point.
;)
A point but a wrong one,cos I can sing,i just don't know How and how to express my voice,My music teacher said that I can,but he can't teach me how to sing,he just teach us intruments :)

Mad Tony
31-10-06, 18:43
A point but a wrong one,cos I can sing,i just don't know How and how to express my voice,My music teacher said that I can,but he can't teach me how to sing,he just teach us intruments :)
Just because you've think you've got it, doesn't mean you have.
A lot of people think they've got it when clearly, they haven't.
Now I don't know you, you may have it, I don't know.

peffect
31-10-06, 18:46
Just because you've think you've got it, doesn't mean you have.
A lot of people think they've got it when clearly, they haven't.
Now I don't know you, you may have it, I don't know.
I told you,It's not me who say this,my teacher said I can sing and I know many bands that don't have a so good vocalist :D

rika2
31-10-06, 18:46
dude if answered my questions I could help you... I know music theory...

Night Crawler
31-10-06, 18:48
http://www.angrysimon.com/pictures/4.jpg

peffect
31-10-06, 18:49
dude if answered my questions I could help you... I know music theory...
:jmp: What are your questions ?:jmp: *gready*

rika2
31-10-06, 18:50

:vlol: you're right

and btw, vocals ARE an instrument ;)

EDIT: read the full topic dude...

peffect
31-10-06, 18:54
This is not funny,not funny at all,If you don't want to help,just leave the thread,there's nothing easier,Just *** off ! or maybe you're too stupid to know how even to **** off !
anyway helpless people are unwelcome in my thread

Night Crawler
31-10-06, 18:59
This is not funny,not funny at all,If you don't want to help,just leave the thread,there's nothing easier,Just *** off ! or maybe you're too stupid to know how even to **** off !
anyway helpless people are unwelcome in my thread

I apologize, I was just messing around. ;)

peffect
31-10-06, 19:05
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2848/rogers24eg.jpg
I think your signature should be :I go so mad everytime!

Night Crawler
31-10-06, 19:06
Oh great, you had to go and quote that didn't you! :o

scion05
31-10-06, 19:43
NightCrawler, why dont you just leave this member the hell alone?!

Night Crawler
31-10-06, 19:46
NightCrawler, why dont you just leave this member the hell alone?!
I've apologized once, why couldn't you leave this thread the hell alone? It's done and dusted now.

scion05
31-10-06, 19:47
Because you've not even edited your ****ing post!
You should never say something like that so someone :)

Night Crawler
31-10-06, 19:52
Because you've not even edited your ****ing post!
You should never say something like that so someone :)I know, and I've apologized for it. I plead temporary insanity. ;)

And I have edited my post, I can't edit his quote though can I?

I refuse to continue this any further, and it is of no concern to you anyway. It seems like you're no better than me, trying to stir up trouble. Things had begun to simmer. Can we leave it now?

Atlantean-Squid
31-10-06, 19:53
The OP has stated that they already can sing and only desire to find new and better ways to express themselves, thus leaving Night Crawler's very patronizing reply completely irrelevant. Ignore it.

RAID
31-10-06, 19:54
I admire Night Crawler a hell lot for his/her honesty. Always have. S/he like me says it as it is. I've never seen one of his/her posts and said "WTF?"

Anyway, I'm no singing expert but, if you take a deep breath, and try to project a powerful voice, then you'll probably succeed.

peffect
01-11-06, 15:17
The OP has stated that they already can sing and only desire to find new and better ways to express themselves, thus leaving Night Crawler's very patronizing reply completely irrelevant. Ignore it.
:hug:
@ RAID : it's working!!!:jmp: I realised that he problem is in my lungs,thanx so much,and now I'm taking lessons

Paperdoll
01-11-06, 15:32
I'm not the best person to give advice but practice breathing, it's important. Also try not to sing after eating, drink tons of water and never go beyond what you can do. If you feel that you are straining your voice, stop singing and rest your vocal cords for a while.