PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Actor/Movie

wantafanta
31-10-06, 21:43
This pic was from one of my favorite all-time movies. It was a pretty popular movie and likely got some Oscar awards. Some of you younger members might not know it. But I'm sure some true movie buffs would. Can you tell the name of the movie and the actor from the pic?

http://home.att.net/~dalibrul/mystery1.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
31-10-06, 21:44
It's from The Great Escape. The actor is Steve McQueen. Great movie IMO. :)

wantafanta
31-10-06, 21:47
GEEZ! That was fast. I thought this would be up all nite 'til someone got it. Yeah, it was great - great music, great cast - Charles Bronson, James Coburn, David McCallum, Richard Attenborough, Donald Pleasance, James Garner - It was long but very exciting and tense - 250 prisoners trying to escape from a German POW camp. Thanks for your repsonse.

Alive_and_Funky
31-10-06, 21:48
GEEZ! That was fast. I thought this would be up all nite 'til someone got it. Yeah, it was great - great music, great cast - Charles Bronson, James Coburn, David McCallum, Richard Attenborough, Donald Pleasance, James Garner - It was long but very exciting and tense - 250 prisoners trying to escape from a German POW camp. Thanks for your repsonse.
You're welcome. I'm only 14 too. :D

tampi
31-10-06, 21:49
This is a really short thread :whi: :vlol:

wantafanta
31-10-06, 21:55
Hey Alive and Funky - if you liked TGE - then see if you can rent Stalag 17. It was another POW movie - a great cast and a riveting whodunnit. Starring William Holden, Otto Preminger and Peter Graves. Holden won an Oscar for Best Actor in this movie. It had lots of comedy and at the same time lots of pathos. The TV show Hogan's Heroes borrowed alot from Stalag 17 - even Sergeant Schultz!

It's hard to get these games just right. They're either too hard or to easy.

Bonez
31-10-06, 21:56
Ohh I love that movie! Its awesome. :D

Alive_and_Funky
01-11-06, 18:25
Hey Alive and Funky - if you liked TGE - then see if you can rent Stalag 17. It was another POW movie - a great cast and a riveting whodunnit. Starring William Holden, Otto Preminger and Peter Graves. Holden won an Oscar for Best Actor in this movie. It had lots of comedy and at the same time lots of pathos. The TV show Hogan's Heroes borrowed alot from Stalag 17 - even Sergeant Schultz!

It's hard to get these games just right. They're either too hard or to easy.
Thanks. I'll see if I can find it. :)

Have you seen Escape to Victory? I watched that a few years ago.

Nicky
01-11-06, 20:29
I love this movie! And of course my favourite scene is Steve McQueen's bike chase :)

Mona Sax
01-11-06, 20:53
One of the best I've ever seen. Both the movie and McQueen. :tmb: