PDA

View Full Version : What will you be doing on Bonfire Night?

Titanium
03-11-06, 21:42
Well I will just be at home, listening to the 'pleasent' sounds of fireworks. :D

Thorir
03-11-06, 21:47
What´s that? Never heard of!

Titanium
03-11-06, 21:48
What´s that? Never heard of!

Well its another name for Guy Fawkes night. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

Its a night which consists of bonfires and fireworks.

Scottlee
03-11-06, 21:51
Call me boring but I'll just be treating it as a normal day. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything special. I went to an organized bonfire night in 1999, but nothing since then. Before 99 the last one I went to before that was in 1992.

I do enjoy the thought of Bonfire night. I just never get around to doing anything.

Legends
03-11-06, 21:51
That's just another normal day for me.

Night Crawler
03-11-06, 21:55
Love Bonfire night.

I'll be going to a huge bonfire they have every year at a park near to where I live. There's nothing like standing in front of a crackling bonfire on a cold November night eating hot Pie & Peas and Hot Dogs while watching the firework displays! :D

LadyLaraC
03-11-06, 21:56
I'm going to a fireworks display and meeting up with my friends tomorrow night!

Thorir
03-11-06, 22:10
Still never heard of! Seems like a British thing. ;)

clairelovestlc
03-11-06, 22:11
This fireowrk night, i dont know where i will be!!

I am going away for the weekend with my boyfriend, i know tomorrow we are going to a car show in northampton, which has a big firework display on and bomfire jet cars etc.( ive never been to a bomfire night before!) ... but other than that i dont know, hes booked a hotel, bought champagne etc He has told me he has a whole romantic day pl;anned for sunday, but ive been told its all a surprise!

Cant Wait!!

Tomb Raider Master
03-11-06, 22:18
We don't celebrate such a day, so I won't be doing anything special. :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-11-06, 22:23
We don't celebrate that in the US, haha. A whole day dedicated to bonfires? Or is it more than that?

jarhead
03-11-06, 22:24
Probaly indoors watching the fireworks set off in othjer peoples gardens and making sure the dogs don't get scared. Last firework show I went too resulted in the car getting stuck for an hour in thick mud at Chigwell

Yer Alyssa, its like Bonfires, massive firework shows, toffee apples etc

Mad Tony
03-11-06, 22:25
Even though I live in the UK, I don't celebrate it for it's reason.
I would prfer it if Guy Fakwes had blown up the houses of Parliament. :wve:
Waste of time and money IMO.

Ampersand
03-11-06, 22:25
I'll be staying indoors, cursing the fireworks and covering the dog's ears.

Lew
03-11-06, 22:26
Its well good.
Im going to a posh Devenshire or however you spell it.

Lew
03-11-06, 22:28
We don't celebrate that in the US, haha. A whole day dedicated to bonfires? Or is it more than that?

Its also another excuse to get drunk... Well at least I think..

Neteru
03-11-06, 22:28
We don't celebrate that in the US, haha. A whole day dedicated to bonfires? Or is it more than that?Yes, it's how we UK residents like to celebrate the execution of a Catholic when his plot to murder our Protestant king was foiled. We do this by burning effigies of him, every year. The fact that this occurred 400 years ago makes no jot of difference of course, because we UK people do so like to indulge in blind prejudice, even if we are Catholic.

Hm, methinks the whole nation needs to learn a lesson: Get over it.

tr_mitch
03-11-06, 22:42
I shall be going to this Big display which is always amazing, with a fair and all your rides ect, Followed by hitting the town just to get wasted woo. :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-11-06, 22:43
Yes, it's how we UK residents like to celebrate the execution of a Catholic when his plot to murder our Protestant king was foiled. We do this by burning effigies of him, every year. The fact that this occurred 400 years ago makes no jot of difference of course, because we UK people do so like to indulge in blind prejudice, even if we are Catholic.

Hmm.. Seriously? Wow.

Apofiss
03-11-06, 22:45
Been on one (while being in the UK).. those crazy people made about a 6 - 7 m high bonfires plus blasting around random fireworks! :eek: ..kind of fun :D

Nephili
03-11-06, 22:48
I actually forgot about Bonfire Night, but i have made plans to go see Saw 3 in the cinema, so that should be cool :D

jarhead
03-11-06, 22:49
Been on one (while being in the UK).. those crazy people made about a 6 - 7 m high bonfires plus blasting around random fireworks! :eek: ..kind of fun :D

We like to play with fire :cln:

Kamrusepas
03-11-06, 23:22
Well its another name for Guy Fawkes night. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Sorry. A Daria-thing.

Anyhow, I've never heard of this before. We obviously don't do that here, but we do burn bonfires on Midsummer.

Rivendell
03-11-06, 23:33
Lol, notice how we burn effigy's of him in remembrance, even though he was hung, drawn and quatered?

Personally I celebrate the day as an attempt of what he was trying to do, not to celebrate his failure..

Anyway - as usual I'll be at home looking after my petrified and shaking dogs with doses of calming remedy for them.. Poor things hate the bangs.

jarhead
03-11-06, 23:34
my westie feels the need to wee every second a firework goes off, and yes shes too scraed to go outside...poor thing, She really is scared of them , our older dog is the same

Titanium
04-11-06, 00:05
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Sorry. A Daria-thing.

Oh grow up. :vlol:

Kamrusepas
04-11-06, 00:07
Oh grow up. :vlol:

What, it's a hilarious episode :vlol:

Titanium
04-11-06, 00:08
What, it's a hilarious episode :vlol:

Oh so your talking about a tv show? I thought you were reffering to something else :p

Kamrusepas
04-11-06, 00:09
You don't know Daria? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118298/) Best cartoon ever :tmb:

Titanium
04-11-06, 00:11
Oh I remember that show, I remember seeing bits of it on TV, although I have never watched a full episode. :)

clairelovestlc
06-11-06, 18:16
Did everyone have a nice bonfire night then? mine was lovely, went to a car show, saw a jet powered beetle, fire engine quad bike etc.. Sat and watched the sun set, then the bonfire was lit by the land speed record jet car, followed by fireworks and candy floss.. off out for a lovely meal, then back to an absolutely GORGEOUS hotel where i was surprised with candles pink champagne and a hot tub!

basically i was wined dined and spoilt!

jarhead
06-11-06, 18:22
Did everyone have a nice bonfire night then? mine was lovely, went to a car show, saw a jet powered beetle, fire engine quad bike etc.. Sat and watched the sun set, then the bonfire was lit by the land speed record jet car, followed by fireworks and candy floss.. off out for a lovely meal, then back to an absolutely GORGEOUS hotel where i was surprised with candles pink champagne and a hot tub!

basically i was wined dined and spoilt!

Sounds brilliant, glad you had a great time

a jet powered beetle....I want one :D

I went to a nice little party of some friends of my dads and they set off some fireworks near a warehouse, forgetting the large amount of petroleum that was 40 feet away. And they managed to set off 3 warehouses alarms so it was fun

clairelovestlc
06-11-06, 18:28
wow sounds good!!

I will try and host some of the jet car videos when i get a chance!

Lara Lover
06-11-06, 18:30
We don't celebrate such a day, so I won't be doing anything special. :)

Same, It's abit pointless really. We just celebrate Halloween? :whi: