PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian, Vegan or Non-Vegetarian?

Mad Tony
05-11-06, 16:46
Are you a vegetarian, vegan (someone who doesn't eat anything that comes from an animal) or non-vegetarian?
And what are your reasons for it?

I'm a non vegetarian. :)
Just because I love meat and it's part of a balanced diet.

CuteKittenlol
05-11-06, 16:47
Im a non-veggie.
For more or less the same reasons as you Ben :p

Lenochka
05-11-06, 16:48
Im a non Vegetarian. :wve:
I see no reason to stop eating meat. Man has eaten meat since like forever xD why stop now?

Rickéh
Non-vegetarian, and the same reasons as Ben :)

Lost_Soul
Non-vegan...that annoying peta video about how they kill animals in slaughter-houses and such was kinda freaky but whatever...Although I don't seem to like chicken very much anymore lol

jarhead
05-11-06, 16:49
I'm a Carnivore

O.K im a non vegetarian...but I only eat chikcen and fish

Laras Backpack
05-11-06, 16:50
Omnivore. :D
That's a non-veggie. I have a balanced diet that includes meat and copious amounts of fruit and veg. I think meat (in correct quantities) is very important my health. That said, I'd never begrudge a vegitarian their food choices.

Tomb Raider Master
05-11-06, 16:51
I'm a non-vegetarian. :)

Celephais
05-11-06, 16:52
While I deplore the way animals are often treated (battery hens etc), I have to admit that a diet containing meat is a lot more interesting to me than sticking to vegetarian stuff all the time. I don't each much red meat, but I usually have some fish, chicken, prawns etc every day.

CuteKittenlol
05-11-06, 16:53
Im a non Vegetarian. :wve:
I see no reason to stop eating meat. Man has eaten meat since like forever xD why stop now?
Exactly...IMO its quite stupid.

But some of them will still eat fish.....I dont understand that...

Angelx14
05-11-06, 16:53
Non-vegatarian.
I really love animals, but if I won't eat meat, I can die...

SpongeBob Lover
05-11-06, 17:01
Im a Vegetarian :)

Rivendell
05-11-06, 17:02
I don't eat meat as a rule out of choice, but I still eat fish.
I disagree with the fact that they're farmed essentially to be electrocuted and eaten. So it's a conscience issue - I choose not to because it's not nice to happen.

Why then, do I eat fish? I hear you ask.

Truthful answer - I don't know! It's sad, but I don't really mind eating them for some reason.
If anyone could offer an answer into this situation, I'd be quite pleased!

:D

jarhead
05-11-06, 17:05
Probaly because they arnt breed to be on our plate a few months later, they live there life and we go out and fish them randomly.

LadyLaraC
05-11-06, 17:07
I'm a vegetarian - i don't eat meat or fish, but that's mainly because i don't really like the taste of them, although i think that some of the ways in which animals are farmed are very cruel.

spence
05-11-06, 17:18
I'm an omnivore.

Hybrid Soldier
05-11-06, 17:18
I love steak!

However, i also need to eat vegetables. I balance between the both.

Geck-o-Lizard
05-11-06, 17:21
I'm eating a big plate of broccoli pasta, fried onions, and... frankfurters. Meat owns! Bacon, pepperoni, frankfurters, lamb chops, roast chicken... Mmm.

Natla'd
05-11-06, 17:21
I don't eat meat as a rule out of choice, but I still eat fish.
I disagree with the fact that they're farmed essentially to be electrocuted and eaten. So it's a conscience issue - I choose not to because it's not nice to happen.

Why then, do I eat fish? I hear you ask.

Truthful answer - I don't know! It's sad, but I don't really mind eating them for some reason.
If anyone could offer an answer into this situation, I'd be quite pleased!

:D

I'm the opposite to you - I eat meat but not fish (or any sea-dwelling creature for that matter, although I wouldn't turn my nose up at dolphin (as long as it was tuna-friendly)), for multiple reasons;

1. Because of "vegetarians" who eat fish. I like to think I'm kind of making it up to the poor little fish. (Not counting you in this, Riv, because you haven't called yourself a vegetarian ;))
2. Because I like fish. They're my favourite creatures.
3. Fish makes me nauseous. :D

Kind of on-topic - does anybody else hate it when a person will claim that they're vegetarian for ethical reasons (i.e. they think it's wrong to eat living creatures), and then say "I still eat fish" (and in some extreme cases, chicken) "because they're not classed as meat". WTF? Fish still feel pain. :(

tombraiderluka
05-11-06, 17:25
Non-Vegetarian
I like meat :)

Thorir
05-11-06, 17:26
Sort of vegetarian, except I eat meat. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/engel/d040.gif

Geck-o-Lizard
05-11-06, 17:26
Kind of on-topic - does anybody else hate it when a person will claim that they're vegetarian for ethical reasons (i.e. they think it's wrong to eat living creatures), and then say "I still eat fish" (and in some extreme cases, chicken) "because they're not classed as meat". WTF? Fish still feel pain. :(

Indeed. It's hypocrisy. Get down off your high horses; you're not vegetarian if you eat anything that once moved. Fish may not be cute and furry but they still feel just as much as any sheep or cow.

Catlantean
05-11-06, 17:31
Non-vegetarian. I don't like meat very much and never use it when I cook for myself, but I rarely have the time to cook for myself. So I usually eat at students' restaurants - where chicken 3 to 4 times a week is just inevitable. I really think I'm going to start clucking one of these days.

Rivendell
05-11-06, 17:33
Indeed. It's hypocrisy. Get down off your high horses; you're not vegetarian if you eat anything that once moved. Fish may not be cute and furry but they still feel just as much as any sheep or cow.

Exactly the reasons I don't call myself a veggie!

Celephais
05-11-06, 17:34
... although I wouldn't turn my nose up at dolphin (as long as it was tuna-friendly)

:confused: Dolphins are always friendly, even to tuna I suppose.

Draco
05-11-06, 17:36
I eat meat.

Spitfire
05-11-06, 17:41
I believe meat is part of a healthy diet, plus i'm in love with chicken. I could eat it all day.
So i'm no vegetarian.

Ada the Mental
05-11-06, 17:51
Carnivor!:p I like meat,a diet consisted only from vegetables etc would be pretty boring to me,I'm not really fond of them...
I could also be classified as a spagetti-eater...

viper456
05-11-06, 17:58
im vegetarian, and i hate people who either preach about being a vegetarian or who preach that being vegetarian is stupid.

Neteru
05-11-06, 18:14
^ I quite agree viper.

I am a vegetarian, and have been for many years. And I've said it before on this board, if you eat fish you are not a vegetarian, no matter what you may try to tell yourself.

Mona Sax
05-11-06, 19:09
I'm a non-vegetarian, IMO the meat is the only valid reason for killing an animal.

I do understand vegetarians and vegans though, and to a certain point I share their views.

Ward Dragon
05-11-06, 19:17
I eat beef and large fish (cod, tuna, salmon, etc.) I also eat lots of fruits and veggies :) I don't really eat other types of meat because I don't like them, and I hate chicken and shellfish.

Mytly
05-11-06, 19:44
I'm a vegetarian - and no, that does not mean I eat fish! ;)
I have eaten chicken a couple of times in my life, but that was years ago. Basically, it was just as an experiment.

PARANOIA
05-11-06, 19:46
Non-vegetarian, and nothing will change that.

Jacob x5
05-11-06, 20:43
I just eat things that taste nice. Whilst I agree sometimes that the way they kill animals is pretty horrible, I don't think not eating the meat is going to stop the animals being killed.

I like chicken, fish, turkey and occasionally lamb, but I don't like pork or beef. Well, pork sausages are ok sometimes, but I don't like pork chops, ham, bacon, steak, all that sort of thing.

Anubis_AF
05-11-06, 20:47
I'm not a vegeterian but I have been avoiding eating meat for quite a while simply because I don't like it that much. So in the future there might be a chance for me to become one.

So I usually eat at students' restaurants - where chicken 3 to 4 times a week is just inevitable. I really think I'm going to start clucking one of these days. :vlol:

taika
05-11-06, 21:05
i'm vegetarian, no particular reason it was a decision when i was like 9 and it kinda stuck :ton:

Ampersand
05-11-06, 21:08
Happily omnivorous. :D

ben croft
05-11-06, 21:18
Non-vegetarian here.

Kamrusepas
05-11-06, 21:41
Non-vegetarian. I personally see no point in avoiding meat, I believe humans were designed to eat meat and need it as a part of a healthy diet. Plus I love meat :D

im vegetarian, and i hate people who either preach about being a vegetarian or who preach that being vegetarian is stupid.

I don't preach about how not eating meat is stupid. And I expect that no one will preach to me about how eating meat is stupid.

viper456
05-11-06, 23:16
I don't preach about how not eating meat is stupid. And I expect that no one will preach to me about how eating meat is stupid.

you would be supprised how many people do though. seriously. I have had it said to me alot of times and im just like "shut up, please just shut the **** up! I give you respect for your beliefs and i expect you to do the same"

and thats when they shut up lol i really cannot stand it

LadyNatCroft
05-11-06, 23:36
I'm a vegetarian, have been since I was 4 which is when I found out where meat came from and I haven't touched a piece of it since :)

Legends
05-11-06, 23:44
Im a Vegetarian.

Ikas90
06-11-06, 01:51
I'm a carnivore. I like to eat MEAT!!!

Autolycus
06-11-06, 07:45
I'm a non-vegetarian
I need to eat meat, i don't think i could function without it.

ivannnnn
06-11-06, 07:58
Non vegetarian..:D..i love all foods :jmp:

VonCroy360
06-11-06, 09:33
Non-Vegetarian. :)

I can't understand people who say that animals suffer, and then eat fish or wear leather shoes.

Ward Dragon
06-11-06, 15:07
I'm a vegetarian, have been since I was 4 which is when I found out where meat came from and I haven't touched a piece of it since :)

Wow, since you were 4? How did you get away with that from your parents? I'm not a vegetarian but I hate chicken. When I was little I always used to get into huge fights with my parents that ended up in them forcing me to eat it.

Legends
06-11-06, 15:13
Non-Vegetarian. :)

I can't understand people who say that animals suffer, and then eat fish or wear leather shoes.

I am so with you here.. I am a vegetarian, but that's only because I think meat doesn’t taste good. I don't feel bad for the animals or anything. I have nothing against eating meat either, but I just don't think it taste good...
To put a dead animal in my mouth is.. yeah.. That’s my problem I guess.

Oh and I hate fish, then I rather eat meat!

Andromeda66
06-11-06, 15:23
I'm a vegetarian. I'm not too fond of meat. It has a strong funny smell that I'm not fond of.

I can eat eggs though I wouldn't if I could live without it.

Celephais
06-11-06, 15:28
How would a vegetarian feel about a dish with a *little* meat in it, like for example spaghetti bolognais, which usually has some minced beef used to make the sauce. Still off the menu?

jarhead
06-11-06, 15:31
Spag bowl is the only meal I eat with red meat in it, and I usually dont eat a lot of the sauce. I dont like the flavour of it

petujaymz
06-11-06, 15:46
I'm a non-veggie...

I feel I should make use of my canine teeth.

That's what they're for after all - tearing at meat!

:wve:

da tomb raider!
06-11-06, 16:14
I'm a Non-Vegetarian. I can't give up burgers, can I? :jmp:

Neteru
06-11-06, 20:52
How would a vegetarian feel about a dish with a *little* meat in it, like for example spaghetti bolognais, which usually has some minced beef used to make the sauce. Still off the menu?Absolutely it is off the menu.

JACOBryanBURNS
06-11-06, 21:57
Vegetarian all the way.

Mytly
07-11-06, 04:39
I'm a Non-Vegetarian. I can't give up burgers, can I? :jmp:

Well, there are such things as veggie burgers, you know. ;)

Tathra
07-11-06, 04:50
Non-vegetarian. I dont agree with the way alot of the animals are treated, but if everyone stopped eating it (esp all at once) the world economy would probably collapse. There are better ways to protest.
Anyway, I have enough problems with Iron deficiency as it is, let alone cutting out meat...

Non-vegetarian. I don't like meat very much and never use it when I cook for myself, but I rarely have the time to cook for myself. So I usually eat at students' restaurants - where chicken 3 to 4 times a week is just inevitable. I really think I'm going to start clucking one of these days.

:vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-11-06, 04:58
I eat meat, non-vegetarian here. :wve:

Andromeda66
07-11-06, 12:01
How would a vegetarian feel about a dish with a *little* meat in it, like for example spaghetti bolognais, which usually has some minced beef used to make the sauce. Still off the menu?

Absolutely!

Aurimas
07-11-06, 12:19

Kamrusepas
07-11-06, 12:21
Candies aren't really a good substitute for meat.

Aurimas
07-11-06, 12:24

Kamrusepas
07-11-06, 12:27
You just said it in a way that sounded like you eat candies instead of meat. I like candies too, but I also eat meat.

Aurimas
07-11-06, 12:34