PDA

View Full Version : Best excercises for losing (stomach) fat?

Dingaling
06-11-06, 22:18
Yeah. I've been losing weight recently (i.e. from around the middle of September), done excercises some 3-ish times a week but it's my stomach I really want to disappear more than anything (and if we could trim the legs and tone the arse that'd be brilliant too!)

So, what's the best for getting rid of stomach fat? And if you do reply, if you can, explain (i.e. step-by-step in 5 year old English :D) how to do the excercises. Thanks in advance :).

Catapharact
06-11-06, 22:22
My personal little list:

http://cat-a-man-do.blogspot.com/2006/05/abs.html

Blogged and all ;).

Dingaling
06-11-06, 22:25
Dunno why but I had a funny feeling you'd reply pretty soon Cat! :p

So 500 crunches with some push-ups and some optimal eating... Off I go for a long night, LoL. And you do that every night Cat? Good on you :tmb:

Thorir
06-11-06, 22:25
No real details, I´m afraid, and I´m hardly the best one to give advice, but aerobic exercise is (apparently) the best way to burn fat. Jogging, or going for a LONG walk, swimming... Basically things that takes ages to do.

Yoga can help tighten up the body and muscle to make it look leaner and healthier. :)

Waight loss is boring, I´m afraid! :(

Celephais
06-11-06, 22:28
Plain old walking is still one of the best ways to lose weight and keep fit. A rowing machine is also good for burning calories, but can get pretty boring if you're just alone. To keep your stomach flatter, try ab crunches.

*edits* yeah , said above ^

Catapharact
06-11-06, 22:28
Dunno why but I had a funny feeling you'd reply pretty soon Cat! :p

So 500 crunches with some push-ups and some optimal eating... Off I go for a long night, LoL. And you do that every night Cat? Good on you :tmb:

I try to. Gotta remember though that if the required calories aren't comming in, you'll just keep losing weight and that's not good. Getting too thin is as dangerous as getting too fat; Your performance suffers.

These days... I am wasting away Lol! I try to keep myself balanced but the main problem is my metabolic rate; Its too high. If I forget to eat properly just one day, I can expect to see 3-4 lbs gone and that's not good.

viper456
06-11-06, 22:29
tredmill works wonders :) 20-30 run a day. Just make sure you push yourself or you wont get any benefit from it :)

Thorn
06-11-06, 22:34
I do 20 minutes of weight training first, then do jump rope and crunches back and forth. Ketones and sesamin are great for weight loss or keeping your weight from fluctuating. Also avoiding high fat/sugar is important. :)

tip: Aerobic (high breathing and heart rate) is key to using fat as fuel.

Thorir
06-11-06, 22:37
tredmill works wonders :) 20-30 run a day. Just make sure you push yourself or you wont get any benefit from it :)

Mi... Mi... Minutes?!

Im near DEATH after four... :o

Thorn
06-11-06, 22:39
Exercise is fun to me! :D I know I'm doing something right.

Catapharact
06-11-06, 22:39
Ketones and sesamin

No no and triple no. Ketones and sesamin are so prone to abuse, its not even funny.

Just stick to a good diet high in Calcium; It has the same effect. Also remember to keep up your anti-oxidant levels.

Thorn
06-11-06, 22:41
No no and triple no. Ketones and sesamin are so prone to abuse, its not even funny.

Just stick to a good diet high in Calcium; It has the same effect. Also remember to keep up your anti-oxidant levels.
Ya that's true. People novice to those things shouldn't jump into that stuff. Keeping up with your anti-oxidants is a must to keep your immune system up to par.

Catapharact
06-11-06, 22:50
Ok, this little series is DEFINATELY not recommended for Greenhorns. As soon as you get comfortable at a pace you are good at and want to umph! up your workout routine, here is a little something:

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100148113

Hurrah4Lara
06-11-06, 22:55
Mi... Mi... Minutes?!

Im near DEATH after four... :o

Hehe, it gets easier if you want it to;).

There is good advice up there^^, but Catapharact the quest is to lose fat not develop the musculature - they are different goals. One can have superb Abs beneath a fatty tummy! Crunches are inefficient for burning fat; walking/hiking, cross-country skiing, rowing and swimming [or equivalent machines] are the way!:jmp:

So, Dingaling, one cannot "spot reduce" ( = target just the fatty areas). The body holds on to stores of fat in places such as the tummy and buttocks, so the excesses there are the last bits to go:hea:. Nonetheless, with a sensible diet, the effects of aerobic exercise as recommended by others above (for more than 20 minutes, 3 or more times a week) are inevitable:cool: ! You will get into shape!

H4L:wve:

Thorn
06-11-06, 22:57
Ok, this little series is DEFINATELY not recommended for Greenhorns. As soon as you get comfortable at a pace you are good at and want to umph! up your workout routine, here is a little something:

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100148113
Those look great Cat! I don't do squats though because they hurt my legs after a while. What's your favourite kind of exercise? I've always liked aerobic through jumping rope and crunches.

BlackGrey
06-11-06, 22:59
I lay in front of the couch, my knees drawn up and my feet under the couch as a weight and I do stomach crunches though I didn't have any fat just a very simple looking belly.

Thorir
06-11-06, 23:03
Hehe, it gets easier if you want it to;).

I want a cigarette and a drink!

Catapharact
06-11-06, 23:06
Those look great Cat! I don't do squats though because they hurt my legs after a while. What's your favourite kind of exercise? I've always liked aerobic through jumping rope and crunches.

The main routine I usually stick to are Crushes and Pushups. if I am feeling adventrous, I will throw in Benchpresses, Arm Curls and pullups. Needless to say if I go all out... Its not gonna be a romantic night for the missus Lol!!!

Thorn
06-11-06, 23:06
Blek! :ton:

Kamrusepas
06-11-06, 23:08

Tsk tsk, I thought you quit :D

Thorir
06-11-06, 23:12
Tsk tsk, I thought you quit :D

I have!! :whi:

...Yesterday... http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/engel/d060.gif

Thorn
06-11-06, 23:12
The main routine I usually stick to are Crushes and Pushups. if I am feeling adventrous, I will throw in Benchpresses, Arm Curls and pullups. Needless to say if I go all out... Its not gonna be a romantic night for the missus Lol!!!
I can do vigorous exercise for an hour but longer and I'm pooped. It's rather attractive knowing a guy takes care of himself. Your fiance is lucky. ;)

Catapharact
06-11-06, 23:20
We both take care of ourselves :).

Sure one has to realize that you're gonna be the person your significant other will be spending the rest of her life with. So do you want her attention directed towards some gimp on a movie? Lol! Offcourse not. Every goddess deserves a god right? ;) (Yes... The modesty is self evident Lol!)

BoyTRaider
06-11-06, 23:21
I usually run for about an hour each day. I need to do it anyways because I'm on my school track team. I also do lots of crunches... I don't count them though. I don't do it just once or twice a week though. I do it everyday so it has prelonged as a pattern for me. Although I have been slacking off lately. Anyways, as for food... I don't really follow any diet. I just eat whatever pleases but make sure to burn it off the next day on running or swimming.

Soma Holiday
06-11-06, 23:44
I've lost alot of wait in the past 6 months and it's all because of one thing...

DDR.

It's so much fun, you don't honestly realize that you're excercising, and because there is a workout mode, you can calculate the calories on average that you burn...

with an hour worth of heavy playing, I burn up to 750 calories no problem, and it's something you can do for hours at a time, anytime of the day.

As for toning up, I do crunches everynight, about 500, and light weights, but I'm still waiting for results...*sad face* lol...but hopefully...!!

Kamrusepas
06-11-06, 23:50
I've lost alot of wait in the past 6 months and it's all because of one thing...

DDR.

And what is that, exactly? :p

Catapharact
06-11-06, 23:51
Dance Dance Revolution. A virtual dancing game invovling a dance mat. All you do is follow the sequences prompted by the game.

I personally love this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmgBKTmXvQ

That's so cool! :D

Thorir
07-11-06, 00:04
As cute as that kid looks...

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/14.gif

I can´t imagine seeing Kam doing that. :D
Or myself!

Catapharact
07-11-06, 00:06
Well how about this ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyZZdqReK0

Thorn
07-11-06, 00:09
I have DDR and love the song 'Look to the Sky' :)

Thorir
07-11-06, 00:10
As great as that looks...
Still no! :D

I can´t speak for Kam´s part, but I´d rather smoke cigarettes (surpresses appetite) and starve rather than be seen like that! :D

Kamrusepas
07-11-06, 00:10
I can´t imagine seeing Kam doing that. :D

Good, that means there's still hope left in the world :D

I can´t speak for Kam´s part, but I´d rather smoke cigarettes (surpresses appetite) and starve rather than be seen like that! :D

You can speak for my part too :vlol:

Thorir
07-11-06, 00:44
Good! :D

*Lights cigarette and glares at the rest of the people in the thread*

Dingaling
07-11-06, 19:53
Just been reading through this, thanks for all the replies people :). I've took notes of all the suggestions and tips. I'll update you around next week or so just to give me time to try and get into some routine before hitting you all with the "your tips and suggestions are making me fatter1111!!!!111" comments :p.

And in case anyone is wondering, I've lost a stone and 2lbs since Middle-end of September. My weight likes to fluctuate around a bit tho', so I feel proud when I get a new minimum and maximum weight of fluctuation, LoL.

rika2
07-11-06, 19:59
push-ups.

violet_WOLF
07-11-06, 20:16
We both take care of ourselves :).

Sure one has to realize that you're gonna be the person your significant other will be spending the rest of her life with. So do you want her attention directed towards some gimp on a movie? Lol! Offcourse not. Every goddess deserves a god right? ;) (Yes... The modesty is self evident Lol!)

Yes lucky her :(:p.

You know I am still trying to convince her to share ;) . You're spoiling her you know that? :p

I have no exact exercise. I do a 30 to 40 min run on the treadmill every morning and after that I relax with a bit of Yoga. Yes Manu Yoga is considered an exercise :p

//hikari
07-11-06, 20:52
I dance a lot so I don't have much body fat on me.

From what I know Soda is one of the causes for belly fat. I eliminated that from my diet.

I recently read that lettuce stretches your stomach. It could be a false belief but people that enter eating contests eat salad religiously before an event stating that it stretches them.

working out and focusing on the area is one of the only ways to really get something done though.

Catapharact
08-11-06, 01:52
"your tips and suggestions are making me fatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impossibility; Unless you ignore the Push-ups and crunches part and stick only to the optimal eating Lol!

Yes lucky her :(:p.

You know I am still trying to convince her to share ;) . You're spoiling her you know that? :p

I have no exact exercise. I do a 30 to 40 min run on the treadmill every morning and after that I relax with a bit of Yoga. Yes Manu Yoga is considered an exercise :p

You're such a bad influence :p. Besides... even if it was a share share senerio, who do you think I'll bestow most of my attnetion on? Yep... You guessed it :p.

And about Yoga... I just consider it a toned down Kama Sutra LOL! (I kid! I kid! No rocks!)

DREWY
08-11-06, 01:59
Pushing yourself away from the table is also a great excersise for losing weight. :tmb:
Also http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/8.gif http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/9.gif http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/13.gif