PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears files for divorce in LA

TheEveningStar
07-11-06, 21:26
By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES -Britney Spears filed for divorce Tuesday from Kevin Federline, officials said. The Los Angeles County Superior Court filing cites "irreconcilable differences," said court spokeswoman Kathy Roberts.

Spears, 24, married rapper Kevin Federline, 28, in 2004. They have a 1-year-old son, Sean Preston, and an infant son who was born Sept. 12. The divorce papers identify the baby as Jayden James Federline.

A message left with Spears' attorney, Laura Wasser, was not immediately returned.

Spears married Federline eight months after ending a 55-hour Las Vegas marriage to her childhood friend, Jason Alexander. Her second marriage has provided endless fodder for tabloids, which have speculated frequently that the union was in trouble.

Calls left for Federline's representatives also were not immediately returned.

The filing comes just a day after Spears, back in shape after the birth of her second child, made a surprise appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show" in New York by popping up behind him as he was sitting at his desk.
Federline appeared in the movie "You Got Served" and performed as a backup dancer for singer Justin Timberlake, Spears' former boyfriend. He was previously involved with actress Shar Jackson of TV's "Moesha." Federline and Jackson have two children.
Yahoo.com

Legends
07-11-06, 21:26
Finally!

JACOBryanBURNS
07-11-06, 21:27
I just read this on yahoo, too. My opinion: Thank god. My reality: I hope she's happier, divorce isn't an easy thing.

Lenochka
07-11-06, 21:27
Aw, Always disappointing when a marriage falls out. Hope it wont be a messy Divorce...

Lew
07-11-06, 21:28
OMG really?

Angel666
07-11-06, 21:30
I saw him on the Tyra Show not to long ago and she asked him if he and Britney were forever. He took a long time to answer and said something like "I hope so." I saw this one coming a mile away.

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-11-06, 21:33
Good for her. She doesn't need that scum bag.

Lew
07-11-06, 21:36
Very true Alyssa :)

Thorn
07-11-06, 21:47
I saw him on Tyra and the WWE. From viewing him on screen he doesn't seem like a good catch at all. Good luck with you and your children Britney. :)

tlr online
07-11-06, 21:50
Another one bites the dust.

//hikari
07-11-06, 22:04
PRE-NUP DETAILS:
K-Fed won't touch a penny of Britney's money. All the millions belonging to Britney will stay that way

The mansion will be divided 50/50.

Any gift given worth over $10,000 will go back to the original purchaser. This includes a custom-built motorcycle Brit gave K-Fed for Christmas 2 years ago.

She will still support him for a little while longer. Brit will pay Kevin $30,000 a month for the period of time that is half the length of their marriage. Meaning he'll be well sneakered until at least a year from now.

Spears won't pay child support. Federline is still responsible for supporting his other two children with previous baby momma Shar Jackson. Luckily, Britney should be able to put food on the table for at least another 200,000 more years.

SOURCE: bestweekever

I'm glad he won't get any of her millions. He's fat.

GodOfLight
07-11-06, 22:04
great. looking foreward to her next album where shell be singing fifty "i'm over you" songs...

whatever, ill still buy it :D :jmp:

Ampersand
07-11-06, 22:07
Oh, I think I might just die of shock.

Mikel Croft
07-11-06, 22:47
I never understood his appeal... He's a total loser. lol, I might be selfish, but I think this is awesome news.

Olvidarse
08-11-06, 00:09
Bring on the lucrative comeback album...

Captain Mazda
08-11-06, 00:17
I read the thread topic on the main page and saw "Britney Spears files for..."

I was hoping to see "bankruptcy" :(

Stupid, ugly, rich, corrupt, greedy *****.

tlr online
08-11-06, 00:23
Stupid, ugly, rich, corrupt, greedy *****.

But how do you really feel Captain?

DREWY
08-11-06, 00:28
There is not just two people involved here. At least the 'adults' had a choice...

Thorir
08-11-06, 00:29
Aaaaw, what a pity... :(

...I loved his interview with the stoned redneck Britney. I was hoping he would make more of those. Sort of a weekly interview with a drugged celeb. Oh well. :(

Draco
08-11-06, 00:39
Can you imagine being one of the kids? That would suck.

Captain Mazda
08-11-06, 02:44
But how do you really feel Captain?

About? =)

JACOBryanBURNS
08-11-06, 02:46
About? =)

T'was sarcasm.;)

Neteru
08-11-06, 02:50
http://neteru.tombraiderforums.com/images/yawn.gif Next!

Shark_Blade
08-11-06, 02:55
celebrity marriages. they never last do they?

GodOfLight
08-11-06, 03:07
celebrity marriages. they never last do they?

of course not. not with us all breathing down their throats :tea:

Shark_Blade
08-11-06, 03:29
well, I think it's the best she splits with him. He's a terrible father, ignores his child:rolleyes: Honestly, why do artists marries their back-up dancer? Ex-spice girl Melanie B marries her back up dancer and they ended up divorced too.

lita212
08-11-06, 04:27
it doesnt suprise me after reading all the poems etc she wrote on her site saying how her life was ruin'd and shes lost her carear for some loser. thank god britneys done right. yeh hes sexy but hes such a dick.

Autolycus
08-11-06, 07:49
If this story is true i'm so happy, so very happy :D

interstellardave
08-11-06, 11:02
About time. Kevin Federline is the most useless waste of a celebrity status that I can think of. And yes, I'm including Paris Hilton in that... he makes her look like a Renaissance woman!

Celephais
08-11-06, 11:27
I saw him on Tyra and the WWE. From viewing him on screen he doesn't seem like a good catch at all.

Yes, it's obvious that you've been trout fishing lately....

Scottlee
08-11-06, 13:39
There's something undeniably tragic about Britney Spears.

Years and years ago she used to mention her desire to get married and have lots of babies in practically every single interview she did. She seemed to be slightly too keen on the subject for me (even for a woman) and so it has been proven, first with that Las Vegas fiasco and then by hastily marrying one of her dancers. Two failed marriages by the age of 24. That's quite impressive. Divorce king Ross Geller hadn't even had his first at that age.

(And I still can't get my head around why a millionairess would have such a cheap and tacky wedding as the one Britney had with Kevin).

Lara Lover
08-11-06, 15:04
Thank God Britney! :tmb: Celebrity weddings do not last. ;) I hope Britney finds a man whos not a celebrity, which means she'll have a nice, proper marriage. :D

Captain Mazda
08-11-06, 15:41
People who care about the life of celebrities amuse me. Then I remember where civilization is headed and I feel helpless :(

scion05
08-11-06, 15:49
At least it lasted longer than her last marriage :whi:

Rickéh
08-11-06, 16:05
FINALLY! Britney is better off single! ;)

Nephili
08-11-06, 16:43
From preggers Britters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOixQZNxmsc&mode=related&search=

To nice figure!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somQERdn0UY

But im not loving the outfit shes wearing lol!

And yay! See ya later K-Fed, what a loser.

Mikel Croft
08-11-06, 17:03
From preggers Britters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOixQZNxmsc&mode=related&search=

To nice figure!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somQERdn0UY

But im not loving the outfit shes wearing lol!

And yay! See ya later K-Fed, what a loser.
http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/061120/britney_spears2.jpg

:jmp::jmp::jmp:

Nephili
08-11-06, 20:33
http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/061120/britney_spears2.jpg

:jmp::jmp::jmp:

Ok thats a much better outfit, although maybe she should pull it up slightly in the chest area!

Scottlee
08-11-06, 21:09
Celebrity weddings do not last. ;) I hope Britney finds a man whos not a celebrity

She's yet to marry a celebrity.

Legends
08-11-06, 21:12
I am not really a fan of Britney's music, but I really think this is good for her. I wish her all the best!

Lew
08-11-06, 21:14
Lol ^ at ScottLee

Satu
08-11-06, 21:21
She's yet to marry a celebrity.

:vlol: :D

TheEveningStar
09-11-06, 01:41
By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES - A day after Britney Spears filed divorce papers, Kevin Federline counter-filed court papers Wednesday seeking sole custody of the couple's two children.

The former backup dancer and aspiring rapper is also seeking spousal support. He says the couple's community assets are "uncertain," though Spears said in her divorce papers there were none to speak of, suggesting the two had a prenuptial agreement in place.

"Kevin is prepared to go the distance in order to do what he feels is necessary to protect and safeguard the children and will not be intimidated or dissuaded from pursuit of those goals," said Michael Sands, spokesman for Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan.

Citing "irreconcilable differences," Spears filed for divorce Tuesday.

Spears, 24, and Federline, 28, have a 1-year-old son, Sean Preston, and an infant son, Jayden James, who was born Sept. 12. Spears is seeking custody of both children.

Spears wed Federline in the fall of 2004. They had a ceremony in September, but court papers state the couple were officially married Oct. 6.

It was nonstop drama after that.

Magazines couldn't get enough of the pair, documenting their every tender gesture and teary-eyed fight. The couple contributed to the coverage with their self-filmed reality TV show, "Britney & Kevin: Chaotic."

The tabloids depicted him as a partygoer living off his wife's fame and fortune. She was painted as a bumbling mother with fading figure and visage. Her chart-topping career all but imploded.

It was the first marriage for Federline, though he was still dating his pregnant girlfriend Shar Jackson when he met the pop star. Jackson gave birth to Federline's second child just months before he married Spears.

It was the second wedding in a year for Spears, whose 55-hour marriage to childhood friend Jason Alexander ended in annulment.

Born in Kentwood, La., in 1981, Spears got her first taste of fame at age 11 when she joined the "The All New Mickey Mouse Club" TV show. Her fellow Mouseketeers included future superstars Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.

Five years after leaving the show, Spears released her debut album, "Baby One More Time" and skyrocketed to fame.

Federline appeared in the 2004 movie "You Got Served" and performed as a backup dancer for Timberlake, Pink and Michael Jackson. He released his debut CD, "Playing With Fire," on Oct. 31.

In an interview with The Associated Press two weeks ago, he praised Spears as a positive force in his life.

"Her influence on me has been really big," he said. "She's a strong woman and she knows what she wants out of life and that helps build a strong man. I look up to you baby."

___

Associated Press Writers Sandy Cohen and Daisy Nguyen contributed to this report.

Yahoo.com