PDA

View Full Version : Ebay scam email

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-11-06, 21:32
Hey guys, just thought I'd share this scam email I have received so that nobody falls for it. I just checked my email and received this:

eBay Item That You Are Bidding On.Dear eBay member,I`am the seller of the item you have bid on. Because i have a work contract in United Kingdom,and i have to leave country i will have to stop the auction and please contact me at this email address because this will be the address that i will use it from this moment.I am ready to sell the item to you at your last bid price. If you agree please respond to this email as soon as posible so we can make the deal.Please send me a reply soon if you are interested,and maybe we can make a deal, at your last bid price i mention it again.Shipping will take usually - 24/48 hours.Shipping is absolutely FREE.Wait to hear from youThank youP.S also, please tell me your ebay user id so i know who i`am selling my item, in order to start after that the transaction trough ebay of course.

Ok, first of all, I haven't made a bid on ebay in months, this is just bogus. I figured I'd share with everyone incase you got the same email. This is ridiculous.

2kool4u
07-11-06, 21:40
Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Mom Got A Similair Email!!! And When She Tried To Copy It + Send It To Ebay It Wouldnt Copy!!!

RAID
07-11-06, 21:41
Happened to me as well once. A long time, when i first started bidding on eBay.

Thanks mel. We'll be careful

Thorn
07-11-06, 21:44
Ok, 1) Nice grammar. :vlol: 2) How pathetic these people are. :vlol:

Thanks Melonie. :)

Catapharact
08-11-06, 00:45
Get that sort of stuff atleast once a week... which is surprising since I don't even have an E-bay account.

Ah scamers.... Sad sad little sheeps.

::PJB::
08-11-06, 08:16
My mother is always getting scam e-mail's from people pretending to be eBay sellers trying to finish a transaction. She says it this sort of stuff that puts her off using eBay! :(

It makes me so angry that people are aloud to get away with this sort of stuff and eBay don't seem to be doing anything about it. :mad:

I always check the "My eBay" section to see if I've recently won any auction's and rarely trust e-mail's stating that I've won an auction unless I can back it up though there first. :)

Bullethail
08-11-06, 11:56
My dad's gotten hundreds of those things! All I can say is: no phishing allowed!

xMyrax
08-11-06, 12:40
Some people just have way too much time on their hands o.o

Legend of Lara
08-11-06, 14:52
P.S also, please tell me your ebay user id so i know who i`am selling my item, in order to start after that the transaction trough ebay of course.

:vlol: Now that is obvious and SAD! :vlol::vlol::vlol: