PDA

View Full Version : How Many People Here Hate Shaving?

Dazzy
08-11-06, 12:47
Hey Guys, I have something to ask you, and I hope you are not afraid to tell the truth lol. How many people here hate shaving? I really do hate it big time! I started to shave about 4 to 5 years ago, and I was pretty bad at it, because the razors I used were always blunt before I even used them (That is my Dad's doing!) Anyway, now I have to shave every day of the year, it's unbeliveable. My hair grows so fast, I really can't stop it from growing, so shaving everyday might help. So, how about you, Girls shave their legs but is there really a point, Girls can't have hairy legs can they? If you have Blonde hair, you won't even see your hair on your leg as it kinda blends in. Men however have a nightmare when it comes to shaving.

Janny
08-11-06, 12:51
You can always grow a beard (Neteru will probably know more :whi: )
It's hard for girls too, we're always expected to have perfect legs :rolleyes:

Ada the Mental
08-11-06, 12:53
I always wear jeans so I only bother shaving my legs in the summer when Igo to the sea.And I hate it.....

Dazzy
08-11-06, 12:54
You can always grow a beard (Neteru will probably know more :whi: )
It's hard for girls too, we're always expected to have perfect legs :rolleyes:

I don't think I want to grow a beard, I want my face to be as smooth as possible lol.

Celephais
08-11-06, 13:05
Lots of guys hate it, but I don't mind it really. I feel somewhat more refreshed after a shave. With shaving soap and a brush it can become part of the morning routine. I've tried electric razors too. I've even tried a cut throat razor, the type you strop on a strap of leather, but I could never seem to get it sharp enough to be of much use. Not every guy suits a beard though, so you have to be careful, otherwise you can end up looking rather silly. I've been through facial hair phases (apparently looking okay on me), but these days I prefer to be clean shaven.

Rivendell
08-11-06, 13:06
I don't hate it, I only shave about once every week or so - stubble doesn't really bother me. It Is annoying how fast the blades blunt though.

Mad Tony
08-11-06, 13:07
I don't hate it, I only shave about once every week or so - stubble doesn't really bother me. It Is annoying how fast the blades blunt though.
To people tease you for looking like Kurtis? :p

Hypnosos
08-11-06, 13:08
I've no problem with shaving. I don't shave to often though. I should, but I don't. Heh, but it's pretty cool to see all the hair you had in your face before you shaved yourself. Also, every time I shave myself, I look better each time.

SLAYER
08-11-06, 13:16
while i shave like every week or 2

I HATE SHAVING:hea:

tampi
08-11-06, 13:30
First you want to shave yourself to see that one feels. :cln:

Soon you want not to shave yourself to feel you more man. :D

Soon you must shave yourself to feel you more young person :)

And finally you shave yourself to do something or by custom, still I do not know it :p

but yes, it's a little tedious

Legends
08-11-06, 13:31
I shave every second day. (or every day) It's not something I do because I have to, but it’s become a morning routine and I feel so much better after shaving.

JANKERSON
08-11-06, 14:07
It's better than dealing with a beard, but I have to shave every day....

Neteru
08-11-06, 14:19
It's better than dealing with a beard, but I have to shave every day....I disagree, very much. I detest shaving with a venom. Always have done. Even if I can do my shave in 30 seconds.

Celephais
08-11-06, 14:23
I don't get what's meant to to be so horrible about shaving. It's really straightforward;

1)Apply soap, foam or gel to face
2)Put razor to face and cut whiskers with slow downward motions of razor.
3)Rinse face.

Dazzy
08-11-06, 14:25
It does sound simple, but I have trouble shaving, like what kind of razor I would have to use. I use a double blade one. Have you seen that new Gillette Fusion advert, that damn razor is so expensive, I would faint if I had that much money for one razor!!

Neteru
08-11-06, 14:29
I don't get what's meant to to be so horrible about shaving. It's really straightforward;

1)Apply soap, foam or gel to face
2)Put razor to face and cut whiskers with slow downward motions of razor.
3)Rinse face.Simple on paper, but for someone who has a very sensitive face, it's far from simple.

Dazzy
08-11-06, 14:34
My hair never comes off when I shave first time, so I need to put like 2 helpings of shaving foam on and then be happy with the result lol.

a_pok
08-11-06, 14:37
i don't want to sound rude but there is something called technology...
there is something called electrical shaving machines(the ones you see in barber shops)....
using these guys make me use them barley once a month after two years of shaving...

Neteru
08-11-06, 14:39
An electric razor is much worse for me.

My hair never comes off when I shave first time, so I need to put like 2 helpings of shaving foam on and then be happy with the result lol.

You can go over the same spot without reapplying foam or soap you know.

Dazzy
08-11-06, 14:39
I tried using one of those, but it didn't even shave any of my hair off! I'm really puzzled about that.

Celephais
08-11-06, 14:40
If you have sensitive skin (I have kind of medium sensitive) then usually an electric razor is less irritating. (*edits*- okay that's not so good for Neteru) But every one is different and the best way is simply to try out different methods and see what works best for you. Most of the time you'll find your skin and beard gets used to one particular method, and will become less irritating with time the longer you do it.

petujaymz
08-11-06, 14:41
...I quite like it now.

I shave every third day or so.

After some stubble builds up wet shaving makes me look 18 again...ok, maybe not. Say 21. :D

:wve:

Neteru
08-11-06, 14:44
I've tried all the methods. Like you [Celephais] said, even a cutthroat, both wet and dry (soap or talc), electric and 'manual' :D. The best method for me is in the shower or bath when my face has soaked a while. That is the less traumatic. It took for me to my late 20's before I could shave the sides of my face and neck without any real trauma. It is only now at 35 that I can finally shave my upper lip without any trauma. I am still unable to shave my chin. No doubt at 40 or 45 I'll be ok there too and finally shaving might not be a problem for me.

Dazzy
08-11-06, 14:52
I have cut myself a few times whilst shaving, but I just ignore it, and continue lol.

Night Crawler
08-11-06, 15:11
I shave every other day, doesn't bother me at all, all part of the routine. Usually takes me about 5 minutes at most, but I can do it in about a minute if I'm in a hurry. It's actually quite enjoyable sometimes. I use Wilkinson Sword disposables. Each razor is usually good for about 2 shaves.

I find that dampening your face with warm/hot water before applying the foam/gel helps a lot, makes shaving much less hassle and a lot quicker and smoother.

I have an electrical shaver too but it gives me terrible razor burn on my neck so I hardly use it.

jun89
08-11-06, 15:32
I hate shaving :pi: I wish the hair wouldn't grow :ton: (and I now mean my face :D)

Rickéh
08-11-06, 16:13
I dont hate it, but i only shave my "mustache" if i need to, but my legs no.

Dazzy
08-11-06, 16:27
I find that dampening your face with warm/hot water before applying the foam/gel helps a lot, makes shaving much less hassle and a lot quicker and smoother.

Yea, that does help, as I try it every time.

Nephili
08-11-06, 16:31
Im lazy when it comes to shaving, i purchased a mens grooming set the other day lol. It has an electric razor in there, so that works fine for me!

But yea, i hate shaving with a razor, i usually rush it and end up with cuts lol.

jarhead
08-11-06, 16:33
I hate it only because the soap/foam stuff leaves my skin feeling wierd, I usually wash my face straight afterwards otherwise it feels really odd

Celephais
08-11-06, 16:34
Wetting your face before shaving is effective because dry hair has a higher tensile stength (apologies for that pretentious technical bit) than wet hair. A wet hair is much easier to cut than a dry hair, so the razor blade has less work to do and is less irritating.

Geck-o-Lizard
08-11-06, 16:39
I only de-forest my legs in the summer, so I can wear shorts without looking like a yeti. I have my mum to thank for giving me gorilla legs. >_> I don't shave anywhere else, since I own no clothes that show off more flesh than my arms and lower legs.

Thorn
08-11-06, 17:00
Dear god I hated shaving! Just take the time to have it removed by laser. Then it's out of your life forever!

Dazzy
08-11-06, 17:23
Dear god I hated shaving! Just take the time to have it removed by laser. Then it's out of your life forever!

Lol, maybe I might do that...but I guess shaving is here to stay...then goes...but returns...then goes.

tampi
08-11-06, 17:28
I always shave myself after showering to me...
Is better

(Don't use it: "myself & "to me", isn't it? or yes)

ELEN
08-11-06, 17:41
we're always expected to have perfect legs :rolleyes:

*sigh* yeah!! If I had the money, I would give it for laser. What is the best thing? Take a shower and go!

rika2
08-11-06, 17:49

same here...

Anubis_AF
08-11-06, 19:08
I find it sometimes annoying when I barely have any free time to do it.

Punaxe
08-11-06, 19:10
I hate shaving :p

And then the longer I wait to do it because I don't want to, the longer it takes when I finally do it :hea:

Mona Sax
08-11-06, 19:17
I prefer shaving my legs in winter. You can take a nice, long bath and then do it when you're really relaxed and comfortable. But it's still not one of my favorite pastimes, especially since you have to do it so often. Worst part are the armpits - a few days without shaving and the stubbles will sting like hell. A true Sisyphean labor.

I guess I'll have them removed someday.

Edit: I realized this sounds like I only shave my legs in winter. Not true, I shave just as often in summer, about every other day. :p

Shark_Blade
08-11-06, 19:28
I hate it very much. It grows so fast:( I thought I was the only one.

Dazzy
08-11-06, 19:35
I do have a confession to make. When I was younger, I shaved my legs, as I was so annoyed that they were so hairy lol. The next day I had smoother legs than the girls lol. I never did that again.

GodOfLight
08-11-06, 19:37
i hate shaving :jmp: it's annoying and tedious, and i always cut myself even just a tiny bit :tea:

i myself am happy with shaving only twice a week... i only need to shave twice a week cause my stuble doesnt really bother me and i think it looks nice.

however, for my job i have to be perfectly clean cut everyday, so i now have to shave every other day and it's quite annoying.

Celephais
08-11-06, 19:43
ZZ Top hate shaving too

http://www.wallofsound.fr/images/artistes/duesenberg/zz-top.jpg

tampi
08-11-06, 19:48
:vlol: :vlol: ZZ Top hate shaving too

:vlol: I wanted to say you: But, are you shaving yourself again? and I see this!!!!! :vlol: :tmb:

ChocChipCookie
08-11-06, 19:54
Shaving is a chore, but I try to shave my legs and under my arms at least every other day. It only takes a couple of extra mins in the shower. I recall once when I was in a huge hurry and opted to dry-shave my legs....:yik: never again! I swear I could have fried eggs on my legs that day, they were on fire!

Hybrid Soldier
08-11-06, 20:16
I shave every two days. I don't really hate it because i feel better after shaving, you know? I'm not sure how to explain it, but it just does.

rika2
08-11-06, 20:27
ZZ Top hate shaving too

ZZ Top ownz! :p

RAID
08-11-06, 20:37
I hate shaving. I never have time in the morning and end up always late whenever I go...

Celephais
08-11-06, 20:48
ZZ Top ownz! :p

Yeah I kind of like 'em myself. :D

PirateRose
08-11-06, 20:50
I hate shaving....I don't understand why girls have to shave. What is this fear of hairy armpits and legs we have, I really don't understand it at all! Its really stupid and a waste of money with how much razors and shaving creams cost.

Hybrid Soldier
08-11-06, 20:56
I hate shaving....I don't understand why girls have to shave. What is this fear of hairy armpits and legs we have, I really don't understand it at all! Its really stupid and a waste of money with how much razors and shaving creams cost.

Hmm, well. There has to be someway we have to tell the difference between guys and girls. :p

Mind you, there are some male athletes that shave..well pretty much everything.

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-11-06, 20:58
LOL @ PR! :vlol: Wow.... just wow. haha!

I don't mind shaving, it's a part of my daily routine. Even if I lived in a cave and I never saw the light of day, I'd still shave, bathe, wear makeup, etc. It makes me feel good. :)

Satu
08-11-06, 21:19
I wax than shave.....armpits, legs, eyebrows and other places :p it's better and the hair doesn't grow back for weeks.

Laser treatment is so much better but it's costly....also us women have the dreaded hormones so the hair could come back.

Aurimas
08-11-06, 21:23

Catapharact
08-11-06, 21:31
If I would ask God to grant me one power, it definately would be the ability to regulate my facial hair growth.

God I hate shaving. I personally would love to give it up all-togather. However... My beloed would seriously frown Lol! Don't know how some women find facial hair sexy yet they don't wanna kiss you with a stubble Lol! (Hey Saleiah.... I am planning on going Enrique again ;) Lol!)

I have sensitive skin and totally prone to razor burn... *Shivers.*

frostfur452
08-11-06, 23:10
I get very lazy with my shaving... Over the winter I get slack and don't bother as I'm always in pants... My razor only really makes an appearance a few times a week during the summer as I'm always in shorts or skirts.

I hate it though when ya get grazes or cuts on ya leg (like i did the other day by catching my lower leg on the coffee table) and ya gotta go careful around it... stings like hell

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-11-06, 23:16

Whoa, umm, back up there. Girls aren't supposed to be hairy. That's just nasty. Sure it's human nature, but we've advanced with these types of things.. C'mon. It's all a matter of personal hygiene. Razors and shaving cream don't really cost THAT much.

Shaving can be a pain in the ass, I prefer waxing. But it hurts. :eek:

Thorir
08-11-06, 23:19
Shaving can be a pain in the ass, I prefer waxing. But it hurts. :eek:

The joy of quotes taken out of context. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

JACOBryanBURNS
09-11-06, 00:43
For some peculiar reason I've never had to. I'll get a few stray hairs here and there but I never have to shave my whole face. My whole mom's side of the family is like that... the men simply do not grow facial hair. We're weirdos.

JACOBryanBURNS
09-11-06, 00:44
The joy of quotes taken out of context. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

:vlol::vlol::vlol: Oh Thorir, you so bad.

Ikas90
09-11-06, 06:30
I don't hate shaving. I feel good after a shave, no more hairs on my face. I only have to shave once a week anyway.

So, I like shaving, but I hate hairs. Also, I started shaving when I was 11 years old :o.
What? :cln: I had a moustache when I was 11, okay! I hated it.

Autolycus
09-11-06, 07:18
Can't stand shaving does my head in, but i suppose the end results worth it.

Dazzy
09-11-06, 09:54
I don't hate shaving. I feel good after a shave, no more hairs on my face. I only have to shave once a week anyway.

So, I like shaving, but I hate hairs. Also, I started shaving when I was 11 years old :o.
What? :cln: I had a moustache when I was 11, okay! I hated it.

You started shaving at 11 years old? That is unbeliveable, I started around 16.

Punaxe
09-11-06, 09:56
Yeah, I started really early too... I get a huge beard in no time :(

Dazzy
09-11-06, 10:04
Thankfully I don't have a hairy chest yet lol.

pythontrainer
09-11-06, 10:54
yep yep yep..h8 shaving, expeshally as im NOT a morning person lol, i normally shave the night before works quite well, also i have sensitiv skin so i would get rash if i do it too quick which hurts and goes red...

Lara Croft!
09-11-06, 11:48
Us women share the nightmare of shaving with you (Im much more body areas,I moght add...).Shaving can be so boring....:mad:

Night Crawler
09-11-06, 11:51
Even if I lived in a cave and I never saw the light of day, I'd still shave, bathe, wear makeup, etc. It makes me feel good. :)

Where exactly would you get the razors and make-up if you lived in a cave and never saw the light of day?

Dazzy
09-11-06, 12:24
Today I shaved, and I truly hated it, I couldn't decide which razor to use.

Arch
09-11-06, 12:52
I feel the same thing but I must shave once every three days or my beard grows longer than Santa's one :cln:
In spite of that I HATE SHAVING!!! :mad: I bleed every time I use a razor... :( My doctor said I have a too soft skin...

Crofty_Tomb
09-11-06, 13:47
The Chemical Way

You can use special cream that you place where the hair is and the hair falls off.. I don't know what it's called..

The Natural Way

When you mix sugar and lemon it forms into a sticky glue (use at own risk) I've never tried it... :cln:

LOL

Dazzy
09-11-06, 14:15
So many solutions of getting rid of hair on your face, maybe waxing is the answer lol.

Neteru
09-11-06, 14:21
You really wanna try that?

Legends
09-11-06, 14:36
So many solutions of getting rid of hair on your face, maybe waxing is the answer lol.

Imagine that pain..

Dazzy
09-11-06, 14:42
Yep, but maybe it could be worth it lol.

Neteru
09-11-06, 14:51
We'll see what you think when you've tried it.

Scottlee
09-11-06, 15:09
I hate shaving, not because of how long it takes but because of how much attention to detail you need to pay. It's a hassle I can do without first thing in the morning. Still, I like to be clean-shaven so it just has to be done. Having said that, if I wake up and know I'm not going out anywhere that day, I might just not bother.

amlai
09-11-06, 15:19
I hate shaving, not because of how long it takes but because of how much attention to detail you need to pay. It's a hassle I can do without first thing in the morning. Still, I like to be clean-shaven so it just has to be done. Having said that, if I wake up and know I'm not going out anywhere that day, I might just not bother.

Yeah, that is one reasson for what i hate shaving and the other is when i finished and look at the morrior i see a 10 years old boy (and i'm 27) :yik:

Gabi
09-11-06, 15:38
Whoa, umm, back up there. Girls aren't supposed to be hairy. That's just nasty. Sure it's human nature, but we've advanced with these types of things.. C'mon. It's all a matter of personal hygiene.

Another good example of society regulating what is acceptable.
Why is it "nasty" when girls have body hair, but no one bats an eyelid when men are hairy?
After all it is human nature in both cases. And if it has to do with personal hygiene then surely the same goes for men and women.