PDA

View Full Version : Healthiest tea to drink?

Thorn
08-11-06, 19:31
Anyone know of great tea's full of polyphenols/anti-oxidants? I drink Rooibos and it's pretty nice and tastey.

2kool4u
08-11-06, 19:32
Green tea is the healthies so ive read.

Thorn
08-11-06, 19:37
Green tea tastes horrible. Yuck!

Reggie
08-11-06, 19:47
Many fruits and roots retc have a lot of antioxidants, perhaps you could give making herbal tea a try?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/complementary_medicine/practicalexercises_herbalteas.shtml

A blueberry herbal tea would be very high in anitoxidants, but I don't much about polythenols but I guess the main thing is that herbal teas promote general health too rather than just specific things. Mix and match and see what you find, I think I'm going to try making some myself :)

Celephais
08-11-06, 19:51
You dont have to make herbal teas, you can just buy them in the supermarket.

http://www.pennineteaandcoffee.co.uk/images/twiningsclassicherbalcat.jpg

I myself drink rooibos and vanilla tea sometimes. (there's a dent to my machismo :D)

Reggie
08-11-06, 19:53
I know but why buy in the supermarket if you can have fun making it yourself? There is Twinings and all that kind of stuff but making your own is more appealing. (for me at least)

Thorn
08-11-06, 19:54
The Japanese are known to drink green tea during the day and they live long healthy lives. :)

Reggie
08-11-06, 19:55
I drink green tea most days myself, I think there's other reasons why they live so long but I wouldn't be suprised if green tea was a contributing factor :)

ChocChipCookie
08-11-06, 20:08
The only teas I've drank besides 'regular' tea is Camomile & Honey (helps you relax) and Peppermint (helps digestion). Never had Green Tea but if it's that good for you, I may try it one of these days:)

rika2
08-11-06, 20:16
Green Tea tastes like your lawn... Actually, your lawn tastes better than Green Tea.

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-11-06, 20:22
There is this Japanese black tea that is really good, and good for you, but I can't remember what it is called.

Reggie
08-11-06, 20:22
Never tasted my lawn, since I like green tea maybe I should sove some of the grass in the blender? :p seriously though, some people actually drink grass, that's supposed to be good for you too...

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-11-06, 20:24
I like green tea :)

Greenkey2
08-11-06, 20:25
Green tea (no, not my alter ego :p) does take some getting used to ;)

I've been drinking peppermint tea a lot recently. It doesn't actually taste very minty - like mint mouthwash or Lemsip - but it has a very warm flavour and does seem to settle my stomach (thank god :rolleyes:).

Satu
08-11-06, 20:25
The Japanese are known to drink green tea during the day and they live long healthy lives. :)

I have been drinking green tea for years...I don't cheat and use a tea bag I use the leaves in a special tea pot. Hated it a first but now I love it.
I think there's more too the Japanese living a long a healthy life than drinking green tea ;)

clairelovestlc
08-11-06, 20:42
cup of normal tea for me any day, nice and strong with a good dash of milk, prefer it with sugar, but will drink it without... its the only thing i have thats bad for me!!

5 cups of tea a day! other than that i only drink water

jarhead
08-11-06, 20:44
Yep good old normal tea with sugar and milk, nice and hot will do me fine, although peppermint is nice and meant to be good for you

Thorir
08-11-06, 21:27
Green tea is good for you! :)
I drink sencha a couple of times a week. If you don´t like the taste, a little honey to sweeten isn´t going to kill you. ;)

Lara's Boy
08-11-06, 21:47
I don't know the brand or ingredients, but I drink 2-3 Grande sized Green Teas from Starbucks a day; they are good, and I have felt a little better since I started drinking it.

Apofiss
08-11-06, 21:52
Yep good old normal tea with sugar and milk, nice and hot will do me fine, although peppermint is nice and meant to be good for you

Once an englisman treated me with english tea (with milk and lots of sugar), after swallowing it.. well nicely saying it didn't feel nice :p

Green, peppermint or fruity tea ish good.

Hurrah4Lara
08-11-06, 22:04
Once an englisman treated me with english tea (with milk and lots of sugar), after swallowing it.. well nicely saying it didn't feel nice :p

Green, peppermint or fruity tea ish good.

They think I'm funny when I'm here in England cos I have British-style tea but with no milk:D.

I recommend one we call Ptisan/Tisane. It is not truly a tea, but rather the steeped flowers or podlets or leaves or seeds of certain plants; even lime flowers:hug:, blackcurrant, herbs as valerian... Oh, and I remember the Rooibos of South Afrika is anti-oxidant in such herbal infusions.

H4L:wve: [Jessika]

Kamrusepas
08-11-06, 22:21
I drink a lot of green tea, also flavored, and herbal tea :tmb: