PDA

View Full Version : It's Love Actually

Thorn
09-11-06, 02:32
I saw this film and it's very well done. Too bad the guy doesn't get the girl. :(

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/4452/lovejf0.jpg

TheEveningStar
09-11-06, 02:43
i know! :-(

Ikas90
09-11-06, 07:23
Haven't seen it, but would like to. Keira Knightley would make a good Lara Croft.

Autolycus
09-11-06, 08:54
I'm sorry if i had to watch this film i'd have to buy 2 sets of pop corn, one for me the other for the guy holding a gun to my head :D .

angelika
09-11-06, 09:42
One of my fav films. I can watch it every day

I FEEL IT IN FINGURES.......I FEEL IT IN MY TOES.........CHRISTMAS IS ALL AROUND ME.......AND SO THE FEELING GROWS........

:D

Haven't seen it, but would like to. Keira Knightley would make a good Lara Croft.

I'll take that as a joke

Lara Croft!
09-11-06, 12:44
It was a nice movie.....And we don't know if he doesn't get the girl...She kisses him and he leaves saying sth like "Ok.That's enough for now",which means he will continue try to win her heart.

I agree with Angelika.......:mis:

Lara's Boy
09-11-06, 14:19
I'm sorry if i had to watch this film i'd have to buy 2 sets of pop corn, one for me the other for the guy holding a gun to my head :D .

:vlol: I feel the same way, romantic movies just aren't fun :p

jarhead
09-11-06, 15:31
I love this film, i thought it was gonna be rubbish but I loved it

Yer its a shame that he didn't ger Kierabut at least Firth got Aurelia :D

Suzan
09-11-06, 15:31
I saw this film and it's very well done. Too bad the guy doesn't get the girl. :(

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/4452/lovejf0.jpg
Awwww I loved that scene^! :( <3 Good movie :)

Scottlee
09-11-06, 16:10
Not another ruddy chick flick :rolleyes:

saray
09-11-06, 16:18
i loved this film! it was funny... probs one of my favs :)

Legends
09-11-06, 16:23
Yes, Indeed

Angel_14
09-11-06, 16:28

Agree. I absolutely HATE these kind of movies:hea:

Lara Croft!
09-11-06, 16:37
Then why post?Just ignore the thread...:confused:

Scottlee
09-11-06, 16:48
It's not hard a write a chick-flick though is it?

- All the characters are good looking, impossibly good looking in fact. If there has to be an ugly character, it's only for comedic affect i.e fat bob the janitor, or Cyril the film geek.

- All the characters dress in designer gear costing hundreds and hundreds, even if the film takes place on a student campus where by rights everyone should be skint.

- The parents of the main characters are always still together yet extremely embarassing to be around. That said, they will share at least one tender moment with their daughter/son at some point during the movie.

- The main character (let's say it's a girl) will spend very little time working, if indeed she works at all. Typical scenes will show her sat in front of a fountain wondering whether or not the love interest is going to call back, or mingling at a house party wondering if the love interest was invited.

- Our main girl will be morally perfect. She doesn't sleep around. She doesn't have sex on the first five dates. She won't kiss him until his ex-girlfriend is firmly out of the picture. In fact she's not sure about dating him at all, because that would mean potentially taking his mind off the big drama production he's currently starring in at school, and we can't have that. Our girl also eats bananas and health foods rather than chips and kebabs, and at least one of her scenes takes place at the gym. She also loves animals, charities, and she plays at least one musical instrument. Oh, and she's a Grade A student, even though we never see her studying once during the movie.

- "Coach" thinks the lead man is paying far too much attention to the lead girl (currently stood by the side of the pitch with her arms folded), and not enough attention to the game.

- The love interests will fall out with each other about 20 minutes before the end of the film, which leads us perfectly into a montage showing them both looking very miserable in different parts of the city. He's banging his basketball against the side of the garage with looks that could kill. Meanwhile, she's sat in front of the window hands on knees watching the raindrops slide down it. Whilst all this is going on, someone is singing a cover of "Alllllllllllll byyyyyyyy myyyyyyyy sellllllllllf" very badly. (The purpose I presume is to try and make the audience feel sad that two 17year olds aren't getting any. :rolleyes: )

- The two lovebirds will end up together after one of them drives to the airport at 90mph to stop the other one emigrating to Sydney. For a moment it looks like the chaser is too late, as non-passengers aren't allowed through the terminal. But luckily, the attendant, clearly sensing that love is in the air (no pun intended), smiles and lets them through anyway. Cue hugging and the credits.

Lara Croft!
09-11-06, 16:56
mmmmm....have u seen this movie?It's not what u describe.....

SPOILER

Set almost entirely in London, England during five frantic weeks before Christmas follows a web-like pattern of inter-related, losely related and unrelated stories of a dozen or more various individuals with their love lives, or lack of them. The central character is the new bachelor prime minister David (Hugh Grant) who cannot express his growing feelings for his new personal assistant Natalie (Martine McCutcheon). The prime minister's older sister Karen (Emma Thompson) slowly grows aware of her husband Harry's (Alan Rickman) flirtation with an office worker named Mia (Heike Makatsch). Karen's friend Daniel (Liam Neeson) is a recently widowed writer whose 11-year-old son asks for love advice about a girl he has a crush on. Meanwhile, Jamie (Colin Firth) is another writer who leaves his girlfriend after catching her cheating on him and travels to France to write a novel where he pursues a possible romance with his non-English speaking Portuguese maid Aurelia (Lucia Moniz). Also, Harry's American secretary Sarah (Laura Linney) questions a romance she pursues with the office hunk Karl (Rodrigo Santoro), but her personal family problems get in the way. Other secondary characters involve a photographer who pursues his best friend's new wife Juliet (Keira Knightley); a pair of movie stand-ins, named John and Judy, who grow closer after their simulated love scenes; a libidinous chum who wants to travel to Wisconsin, USA to score with women; and a burned-out former rock star named Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) who is the main connection between all stories involved.

george_croft
09-11-06, 18:13
I want to watch this movie:)

Oh dear god, are you serious?

StarCroft:AOD
09-11-06, 18:18
It's not yet in my country... And I would like to see it, if it's a romantic movie...

Quiver.
09-11-06, 18:32
no she wont.
Angelina will always be a better lara

It's not yet in my country... And I would like to see it, if it's a romantic movie...
Not yet released? it was from christmas 2003/2004 (not sure what year)

StarCroft:AOD
09-11-06, 18:41
Maybe I missed it then.

Suzan
09-11-06, 19:54
I NEVER watch any romantic movies, I guess this was the first romantic movie I ever saw LOL, we had to watch it at school but it was good!