PDA

View Full Version : Trio jailed for racist murder of boy

Neteru
09-11-06, 06:24
I have been following this story for some time, and have read the details with some considerable distress for this poor 15 year old boy. Well, the trial has now concluded and three men responsible have been found guilty.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42282000/jpg/_42282950_krissdonald203152.jpg

Three men have been jailed for life after they were found guilty of the racially-motivated murder of white Glasgow teenager Kriss Donald.

Faisal Mushtaq, 27, Zeeshan Shahid, 28, and his brother Imran Shahid, 29, had denied murdering Kriss, 15, in 2004. Kriss's mother Angela - quiet during the trial - shouted: "You *******s," as the jury delivered its verdict. Imran Shahid must serve a minimum of 25 years, Zeeshan Shahid, 23 years minimum and Mushtaq, at least 22 years. Outside the court, Ms Donald, 42, thanked police, the prosecution and witnesses. She said: "Justice has been done, thank you - it is over."

The six week trial had heard that her son had shouted: "I'm only 15, what have I done?" as he was dragged from the street and into a car. The gang took him on a 200-mile journey to Dundee and back while they made phone calls looking for a house to take him to. Having no success, they returned to Glasgow and took him to the quiet Clyde Walkway, near Celtic FC's training ground. There, they held his arms and stabbed him 13 times before dousing him with petrol and setting him alight while he may still have been alive.

The jury of nine women and six men took about eight-and-a-half hours to reach its verdict. Imran Shahid was found guilty by a unanimous verdict and the other two guilty by majority verdicts. Sentencing, Lord Uist described Imran Shahid as "a thug and bully with a sadistic nature not fit to be free in civilised society". He said Imran Shahid, known as Baldy, was the leader of the expedition. "It was pre-meditated cold blooded execution, it truly was an abomination," Lord Uist added. "The savage and barbaric nature of this crime has rightly shocked the public. Racially aggravated violence from whatever quarter will not be tolerated in Scotland."

'Horrendous crime'

Eyewitness accounts of the abduction, statements said to have been made by the accused, mobile phone records and forensic evidence against one of the men helped secure the convictions. Kriss was stabbed 13 times and burns covered 70% of his body. His death triggered an investigation that lasted more than two years and took detectives around Scotland and to Pakistan.
Asst Ch Const John Malcolm, of Strathclyde Police said: "As a force we would like to extend our personal thanks to Kriss's family for their co-operation, support and their understanding as the true nature of this horrendous crime unfolded. It is also important to acknowledge the support of the broader community. Everyone came together to support and inform our investigation, and through these actions, the community made it very clear that this sort of violence is unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any community."

Kriss was abducted near his home in a random act of racially motivated revenge by the gang on 15 March, 2004. The Shahid brothers and Mushtaq had fled to Pakistan after murdering him. It was more than a year before they agreed to return and stand trial, after warrants were issued for their arrest.

Behold the faces of these three, vile and contemptible *******s. Rarely do I feel such hatred as I do with these men.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42291000/jpg/_42291764_threeaccused203.jpg

Full story bbc.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6123014.stm)

Autolycus
09-11-06, 07:45
This is one of the saddest stories i have ever read, three animals tortured and then set fire to an innocent boy while he was still alive all because of the colour of his skin. These animals do not deserve to breath the same air as law abiding people, and death is too good a punishment for them.

All three animals have to spend at least a minimum of 23-25 years behind bars, what a pethetic joke, the young boys life they killed is over, life in their case should mean exactly that.

I can not begin to imagine what the boys family and friends are going through. These animals can have their lives back in 25 years, what about the innocent boy does he get his life back? does his family and friends get their lives back?

I can not begin to imagine what there going through losing a child in such a violent way, i feel so sad and sorry for his family.

Sorry if i went on a bit but i'm so angry with british justce.

Satu
09-11-06, 07:52
Well what can I say.....this is heinous.

I am lost for words and this is very emotional for me as my brother was ambushed 2 weeks ago in a unprovoked racial attack. Without going into the details he is with us today unlike this poor soul.

I just don't understand why people are like this, how could anyone do something like this *crying* my heart goes out to this boy and his family.

pythontrainer
09-11-06, 10:59
this really hurt me...ive never felt so frustrated about how can those three men think they have the right to decide to kill this innocent boy! i read the daily mail today, and as he was dragged into the car he said what did i do im only 15.... :( and the things they did to him :(:(, and he was still alive after they threw him out for dead..... i cant think of a worse end for anyone, let alone an innocent boy of 15... :( and ONLY 20something years??!? for the "men" that did it im sorry but isnt this boy um.. DEAD.. >:( they should be in prison for the rest of thier lives or sent to death row!!!!

Pipolinne
09-11-06, 11:02
It's really scary how people easily commit such hideous crimes,completely senseless!

I'm glad they were convicted,but I think equally important is trying to solve the racial problems. Of course that's only one part of the problem,because it wasn't only prejudice dictating those acts,but it's surely necessary.

Neteru
09-11-06, 13:38
and as he was dragged into the car he said what did i do im only 15.... :( Specifically, he was trying to fight against them forcing him into the car, so they punched him to force him in. A boy, the ****ers punched him because he had the 'audacity' to resist them.

Andromeda66
09-11-06, 13:46
:eek:

Hideous!! Its even worse than the South African cases of racial murder!

Tomb Raider Master
09-11-06, 14:49
They are now where they deserve to be, although I'd give them life for such a brutal crime. So tragic, poor kid...

Legends
09-11-06, 15:16
This sure is bizarre!

Gabi
09-11-06, 15:23
I have read about it as well and find the sentence far too lenient.
These *******s should be locked up for the rest of their lives, do hard, corporal labour, have no mod cons and only the essentials to live on.

What has become of people? It is getting worse by the minute.

Legend 4ever
09-11-06, 18:00
I was really shocked.
I'm shocked when I face the reality in which we live.
In my country 16 year old was beaten up to death with a crowbar by three boys of his own age or couple years older!
I think something must be very WRONG with these peole to dare to kill.

Rivendell
09-11-06, 18:32
No words to describe this. Horrific is just the tip of the iceberg..

Laras Backpack
09-11-06, 18:52
The more stories like this I read the harder it is to believe that some people can be so utterly disgusting. It never fails to horrify me.

Mad Tony
09-11-06, 18:54
This is shocking! :mad:
I can't believe anyone would do this!

But what amazes me, is that nobody's saying "Kill the people who killed that boy".
Although when that cat got thrown into a bonfire, everyone was saying "kill the man who threw cat into the bonfire".
I just don't see how that works. :confused:

Captain Mazda
10-11-06, 14:15
Cool.

Ada the Mental
10-11-06, 14:32
This is shocking! :mad:
I can't believe anyone would do this!

But what amazes me, is that nobody's saying "Kill the people who killed that boy".
Although when that cat got thrown into a bonfire, everyone was saying "kill the man who threw cat into the bonfire".
I just don't see how that works. :confused:
Death penalty is not harsh enough.They die,it's over,goodbye.A life in prison is far worse.But 25 years is not long enough...:mad:

ClareT
11-11-06, 11:29
It just shows you how "great" the world's justice system is at the moment. How can these sick people get away with just 25 years in prison? They should all be put in there for life, it's horrible how they are going to get away for doing something like this!

viper456
11-11-06, 14:40
This story disgusts me.. they deserve more that the sentence they have been given.

15 yrs old for god sake.

Captain Mazda
13-11-06, 03:40
This story disgusts me.. they deserve more that the sentence they have been given.

15 yrs old for god sake.

How about 2-yr olds raped and shot in the head? Would that be better?

DREWY
13-11-06, 04:15
Just degrees of atrocity CM. A lot of jails are like resorts nowadays, lets hope they go to one thats not, and that their crimes are made known to the prison population.

Captain Mazda
14-11-06, 17:11
Well yes, I believe a murderer is proving himself unfit to live amongst humans, but they should not be punished at the expense of people. I don't understand people who believe "death" is an easy punishment. Death is the end of the road. What will extra jailtime and torture accomplish, other than expenses?

But I find it interesting how the poor Natives in Western Canada are thrown into RCMP police cars and dumped out on ice flats, naked, miles away from homes. They freeze to death and nothing ever befalls the officers. Good old North American justice I say.

Forwen
14-11-06, 18:08
... that civilised justice is not an "eye for an eye" revenge. If you kill for a kill, the only difference between your morality and convict's villainy is that you have numbers on your side.

[Forgive me for going sentimental, but it looks like there's no other way.]