PDA

View Full Version : Would you be happy with another sands of time game?

illuminati30
12-11-06, 21:54
What do you folk think is next for Prince of Persia? Ubisoft basically said there will be no more Prince of Persia games for a really long time, and I guess it is because the game changed so radically with the sands of time games/era, that they know they can no longer milk this. (unlike Eidos :whi:)

So what is next for Prince of Persia? Would you be happy with more sands of time style games, just with better graphics, or do feel that is getting old now, and the series needs a totally new direction again?

I think there is a Prince of Persia game pencilled in for Wii, and I am guessing it will be a sands of time style game, or even one of them remade with Wiimote function. I really have no clue. I would be happy to play another sands of time game on Wii because I think it would offer something extra with the Wiimote.

I think they have a big challenge ahead of themselves for new main stream Prince of Persia games, trying to think of new ideas, and something that will top the sands of time games because I think those games really raised the bar, but Ubisoft being professional are not going to milk it for every penny it is worth.

Spitfire
12-11-06, 22:16
I think the series is starting to stretch a bit to long if they start making more sequals... I'm just fine with the ones they've made. Anymore and they are heading for a downhill cycle. Look at what happened to Tomb Raider...repetition only hurts franchises.

illuminati30
12-11-06, 22:37
I think the series is starting to stretch a bit to long if they start making more sequals... I'm just fine with the ones they've made. Anymore and they are heading for a downhill cycle. Look at what happened to Tomb Raider...repetition only hurts franchises.

I agree totally, although it is going to be hard to top!

RAID
12-11-06, 22:40
I agree. PoP is a great series and of course it would be a bit depressing for it to end, but I'd rather see it ending gracefully, instead of ending by the fact that it went downhill and repeatative.

Of course, I don't see why it should end right now. There should be a fresh new story line, after the sands of time series. Since the Prince can do pretty much everything, I guess that moves are not an issue. They should just focus on more storyline.

I can picture Prince of Persia to have a whole new style, kinda like using magic spells as well. Kinda like spirits within the prince, spirit of fire, spirit of air, spirit of water, sprit of earth, and the prince will have control over the elements.

He did have power in the sands of time and Warrior Within, and I'm guessing the Two thrones too, but I still haven't played it, so I guess it would be kinda interesting and maybe fun to have elemtal spells. And maybe summoning/conjering too...

illuminati30
12-11-06, 22:44
I agree. PoP is a great series and of course it would be a bit depressing for it to end, but I'd rather see it ending gracefully, instead of ending by the fact that it went downhill and repeatative....

I get the feeling that like Tomb Raider, and Mario, Prince of Persia will never end! I mean it has been around since, what the 80's?

Of course, I don't see why it should end right now. There should be a fresh new story line, after the sands of time series. Since the Prince can do pretty much everything, I guess that moves are not an issue. They should just focus on more storyline.

I can picture Prince of Persia to have a whole new style, kinda like using magic spells as well. Kinda like spirits within the prince, spirit of fire, spirit of air, spirit of water, sprit of earth, and the prince will have control over the elements.

He did have power in the sands of time and Warrior Within, and I'm guessing the Two thrones too, but I still haven't played it, so I guess it would be kinda interesting and maybe fun to have elemtal spells. And maybe summoning/conjering too...

What a great idea!

Laras Backpack
12-11-06, 22:55
I adore PoP and would love more games. But I think the Sands trilogy ended perfectly and should be left alone.
That said, I think RAID's example of giving the Prince different kind of powers could spark a brand new trilogy and story line on next gen consoles. Now that would be very nice! :D

illuminati30
12-11-06, 23:02
I adore PoP and would love more games. But I think the Sands trilogy ended perfectly and should be left alone.
That said, I think RAID's example of giving the Prince different kind of powers could spark a brand new trilogy and story line on next gen consoles. Now that would be very nice! :D

Although i am saying continue the Sands of time theme, i mean the lay out, and the moves, and the gameplay, rather than the story line. (although i guess he would need the dagger wouldnt he :D ) I am comparing it to the Core Design Tomb Raider engine i guess!

Laras Backpack
12-11-06, 23:09
Although i am saying continue the Sands of time theme, i mean the lay out, and the moves, and the gameplay, rather than the story line. (although i guess he would need the dagger wouldnt he :D ) I am comparing it to the Core Design Tomb Raider engine i guess!
Though he gave the dagger to Kilena (sp?) at the end of T2Ts, but he could get it back. ;) I'd love to catch up with the Prince and see him off on new adventures.