PDA

View Full Version : New Labor Laws needed for those in the US sense the Unions are all but gone.

JANKERSON
19-11-06, 16:35
The workers need protection from the Companies yet again. No need for Unions as it should be Government Controlled, new labor laws written. The people have been taken advantage of for long enough, time to stop the the Abuse.

Somethings like these would be good start in the right direction. ;)

No difference in PKG between part time and full time. (Stops companies from working people 36 ~ 40 hours a week PART TIME). Stops a lot of the BS.

No more Salary based wages (Except for Upper Level Management) or Piece work based wages or Commission. Hourly wages only.

Micro Management made Illegal across the board.

Paid Lunch so a work day will be 8 hours total again not 8 1/2 or 9 hours.

Time and a half for anything over 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week.

Time and a half for Sundays. (If open on Sundays Upper Level Management should have to work)

Triple time for Working Holidays (If open on Holidays Upper level Management should have to work those days also)

Same Paid Holiday Schedule as the Government.

Min 3 weeks paid Vacation a year to start the 1st year. (After 90 days of employment) 4 Weeks after 1 year and 5 Weeks after 3 years.

5 Personal days a year to start after 90 days of employment.

$2.00 an hour Premium for working 3rd shift.

Protection from abuse from the Customers in jobs that deal with the Public sense the Companies do a very poor job at this at best. :mad:

Full good Medical Benefit PKG.

Draco
19-11-06, 16:41
The company I work for already does this for the most part. Though they do still have part time and only pay double on Holidays (even your Birthday) if you work, regular if you don't.

Catapharact
19-11-06, 16:43
Pssh...

Workers rarely realize that unionizing costs them more problems in the end. Take for instance the workers at the Ford plant. Do I EVEN need to get into what went wrong there? Compare them to the Saturn non-unionized Plant instead where open communication between employers and management have led to a more productive and profitable environment.

Taking in an extra party that takes union dues from you to speak on issues that you may not necerrarily agree with is such a waste don't you think?

JANKERSON
19-11-06, 16:57
Pssh...

Workers rarely realize that unionizing costs them more problems in the end. Take for instance the workers at the Ford plant.

I stated that there should not be a need for unions as they should be written into the labor laws.

JANKERSON
19-11-06, 16:59
The company I work for already does this for the most part. Though they do still have part time and only pay double on Holidays (even your Birthday) if you work, regular if you don't.

There are some good companies out there, but these things are really needed across the board for everyone.

Draco
19-11-06, 18:25
The problem with labor laws is they simply up the job requirements to compensate for the added cost. Nothing changes, except low tier jobs disappear.

JANKERSON
19-11-06, 18:40
The problem with labor laws is they simply up the job requirements to compensate for the added cost. Nothing changes, except low tier jobs disappear.

Those low tier jobs still need to be done though. ;)

But I do know what you mean and I have seen it happen more than once.

Draco
20-11-06, 07:12
Those low tier jobs still need to be done though. ;)

But I do know what you mean and I have seen it happen more than once.

Yes and they will be done with fewer people. Or the company will find a way to get it done cheaper possibly eliminating them entirely.