PDA

View Full Version : what is the expected Minimum requirements ....for TRA

alzughoul
21-11-06, 07:42
can anybody guess the minimum & optimum requirements to play the next tombraider anniversary .

another question my friend have a pc as below specifications , is it possible to him playing next tombraider :
penium3
processor:intel 1.1GHZ
vga:nvidia fx 5200 128MB
sdram:256
motherboard : via
sound card : c-media

note: legend has been worked properly on his pc , except the next generation option was disbaled ,also when enabling the full screen effects the game become slower.

Joseph
21-11-06, 08:25
Hi alzughoul. I would suggest, to keep the requirements for Legend in mind as indication for what TR:AE will be like.
Pc System Requirements For Legend (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60118)

abraham
21-11-06, 09:35
IT should work fine, im asuming the graphics should be the same.

Joseph
21-11-06, 11:54
ONLY if there will be a normal mode of the game. Those specifications are not enough for next generation games.

raiderfun
21-11-06, 12:28
can anybody guess the minimum & optimum requirements to play the next tombraider anniversary .

another question my friend have a pc as below specifications , is it possible to him playing next tombraider :
penium3
processor:intel 1.1GHZ
vga:nvidia fx 5200 128MB
sdram:256
motherboard : via
sound card : c-media

note: legend has been worked properly on his pc , except the next generation option was disbaled ,also when enabling the full screen effects the game become slower.

It's Pentium , and i'm not sure about this , however if it is 1Ghz and up , it will be fine , the rest is good ! ;)

Joseph
21-11-06, 13:29
No, it's not unconditionally OK, raiderfun. ONLY if there will be a normal mode of the game. Those specifications are not enough for next generation games.

processor:intel Pentium 3 @ 1.1GHZ - <--- this is the minimum.
vga:nvidia fx 5200 128MB - this is below requirements for ANY DirectX9.0c game. For next generation games, a fast card with 512MB DDR3 VRAM is recommended. nVidia 7950GTX or better, ATI X1800XT or better.
sdram:256 <--- Just about enough to run WindowsXP itself. For running applications on top of that, more system RAM is required. For next generation games, 1 GB DDR2 is required.
motherboard : via <--- old chip for Pentium 3.
sound card : c-media <--- this is no soundcard, but an onboard AC'97 chip. Not recommended for games. For games, a real soundcard is recommended. Like: Creative X-Fi series, Audigy series.

All in all, this is a very outdated PC, not fit for DirectX9.0c games at all. Only for DirectX8.1 and down.

aussie500
21-11-06, 14:10
But since we were told TR:AE would not be a next gen game, l would have thought it would be OK. Tomb Raider 8 is the next, next gen game, AE is meant to be current gen graphics. Although l still do not see what the point is of "guessing" the requirments, best to just wait until the game comes out