PDA

View Full Version : system restore pint problems

badboy70
21-11-06, 19:14
Hey :)
i'm in safe mode now. i don't know what hapenned, but my pc only can boot in safe mode. i tried to use system restore point, but it doesn't affect something. i click the button in start etc. but nothing happens.

i'll explain it in dutch so maybe i can make myself more clear :

ik start dus op in veilige modus, dan vraagt de pc als ik systeemherstel wil gebruiken. ik kies ervoor om het te gebruiken, maaar er gebeurt niets. nochtans loopt de pc niet vast ofzo.

so, can anyone help me?:D

Simulation
21-11-06, 19:43
Try opening the Event Viewer (Control Panel, Administrative Tools) to see if it is reporting any errors. If so let us know what they are.

badboy70
21-11-06, 19:47
Try opening the Event Viewer (Control Panel, Administrative Tools) to see if it is reporting any errors. If so let us know what they are.i don't know what the administrative tools are, because my pc is in dutch. could you ecplain how to symbol/logo looks like ?
btw,thanks for replying :D

Simulation
21-11-06, 19:49
I think it may be easier to wait for Joseph (our dutch expert) to come online.

badboy70
21-11-06, 20:00
I think it may be easier to wait for Joseph (our dutch expert) to come online.it's working now :D, what i did :

1. i reboot
2. i keep tapping F8
3.i choose "boot with last working configurations"
4.took a little longer to boot
5. all works fine

Lord Icon
21-11-06, 20:00
badboy70 - Click on Start then Run then type eventvwr.msc and hit Enter or OK.

Lord Icon
21-11-06, 20:01
Good to hear. But you still should check the Event Viewer for errors.

badboy70
21-11-06, 20:04
Good to hear. But you still should check the Event Viewer for errors.should i post the log ?

Lord Icon
21-11-06, 20:17
should i post the log ?

No. After you open the Event Viewer on the left side of the window you will see:

Application
Security
System

Click on Application first. Then look on the right side of the window for any entries with the "red X". Then do the same with System.

This is the Event Viewer and it tells you what went wrong. And this is the first thing you should check if you have any problems with your computer.

You can post a snapshot of the Viewer if it had any red Xes today.

badboy70
21-11-06, 20:23
No. After you open the Event Viewer on the left side of the window you will see:

Application
Security
System

Click on Application first. Then look on the right side of the window for any entries with the "red X". Then do the same with System.

This is the Event Viewer and it tells you what went wrong. And this is the first thing you should check if you have any problems with your computer.

You can post a snapshot of the Viewer if it had any red Xes today.
application : on the left side, quite alot of X's and warnings
system : lots of warnings and X's

Lord Icon
21-11-06, 20:32
application : on the left side, quite alot of X's and warnings
system : lots of warnings and X's

A lot of errors and warnings is never a good thing. Can you post a snapshot of the Viewer's window for Application and System?

Also, for more details you can double click on an error or warning and it will give you a description for it.

badboy70
22-11-06, 12:05
A lot of errors and warnings is never a good thing. Can you post a snapshot of the Viewer's window for Application and System?

Also, for more details you can double click on an error or warning and it will give you a description for it.i think that'll take a while :
application : 1679 event(s)
system : 2205 event(s)
:p